Update 91: Closing in on March 26th!

You're completely misunderstanding....the ports delay involved Obsidian receiving goods from the vendors, not shipping them out for fulfillment.

There is no misunderstanding since Obsidian never clearly said anything about that. That's what this is all about. Lack of proper communication.

• Like 1
35167v4.jpg

You're completely misunderstanding....the ports delay involved Obsidian receiving goods from the vendors, not shipping them out for fulfillment.

I'm not misunderstanding anything. Vendors from overseas? So what has been imported from overseas into the USA that's required to be part of the physical goods?

Do Obsidian/Paradox have all the items? Yes/No? If no, what items are they still waiting on? And if they don't have all the items, then they would have known about this and the delays with the ports when the poll was created.

If they have all the items, then what is the delay? If Obsidian/Paradox have all the goods and we're two weeks out from release, and we know all the boxes have been signed, then why not start shipping the goods now? There's no disc so no problem with piracy which was one of the concerns people had in the poll thread.

As LordCrash said, there's a lack of communication.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist II

Final stretch!

Oh my God, it's hard to believe it's been over two years since you first pitched this game to Kickstarter. I learned about Project Eternity shortly after the donation time was closed, but that hardly mattered since you folks at Obsidian met all goals and then some. I'm so happy for all of you, and so look forward to playing Pillars of Eternity. <3

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

Apparently our European friends need a tutorial on the mysteries of geography.....

The funny thing is that i ordered many physical collectors editions of games which were shipped from the united states and arrived on release day or before here in Germany.

Ask SoE how they do ship Everquest 2 or Vanguard that fast (hint they use UPS Express delivery which takes 1 to 2 days from the us to germany). 

Yes that is more expensive, but i would pay that extra money after i already paid 290 $ for the Box already too.

Update 91

Cool, glad to know that we'll get our keys before release day. Can you tell us if backers will get keys appropriate to their pledge tiers?

We are giving people Steam editions that we have matched to their tiers. On Monday I will make a post showing the different mappings. Also, everyone will be able to download their rewards from our backer portal, as well.

Hey Badler, Monday is over its Tuesday now and I can not find your post showing the different mappings. And I am still not able to download my rewards from the backer portal. How long does it take until we see your new post that should be on Monday already? :-)

• Like 2

Apparently our European friends need a tutorial on the mysteries of geography.....

The funny thing is that i ordered many physical collectors editions of games which were shipped from the united states and arrived on release day or before here in Germany.

Ask SoE how they do ship Everquest 2 or Vanguard that fast (hint they use UPS Express delivery which takes 1 to 2 days from the us to germany). 

Yes that is more expensive, but i would pay that extra money after i already paid 290 $ for the Box already too.

I think 20$ is a lot of money for shipping to Germany. I am sure this would even be enough for airmail. (UPS Express).

Hey Badler, Monday is over its Tuesday now and I can not find your post showing the different mappings. And I am still not able to download my rewards from the backer portal. How long does it take until we see your new post that should be on Monday already? :-)

Almost certainly he meant Monday on the week of the release and not this one. Anyway it can be any Monday if not specified. :p

Edited by dragonwanderer

Update 91

Cool, glad to know that we'll get our keys before release day. Can you tell us if backers will get keys appropriate to their pledge tiers?

We are giving people Steam editions that we have matched to their tiers. On Monday I will make a post showing the different mappings. Also, everyone will be able to download their rewards from our backer portal, as well.

Sorry about that. I completely forgot to post it. I will post it when I get to work today because I don't have the spreadsheet in front of me.

• Like 5

I'm not misunderstanding anything. Vendors from overseas? So what has been imported from overseas into the USA that's required to be part of the physical goods?

Probably every damned thing that was printed?

Edited by armorb
  • Like 1

Cloth maps, t-shirts, mouse pads, playing cards and Kickstarter backer cloth patches, probably at least as I would guess that you get such items from China and Vietnam in much cheaper price than what you can get them from USA. Also printed books are high on possibility list, but they would not come directly to Obsidian as they are produced and sold by different companies (Dark Horse Comics and Prima Games), and people have already have been able to get their hands on Dark Horse Comics' guide and backer's don't get hardcover version of Prima's guide as backer reward. Also DVD/Blu-ray of Making of Document is possibility.

Cloth maps, t-shirts, mouse pads, playing cards and Kickstarter backer cloth patches, probably at least as I would guess that you get such items from China and Vietnam in much cheaper price than what you can get them from USA. Also printed books are high on possibility list, but they would not come directly to Obsidian as they are produced and sold by different companies (Dark Horse Comics and Prima Games), and people have already have been able to get their hands on Dark Horse Comics' guide and backer's don't get hardcover version of Prima's guide as backer reward. Also DVD/Blu-ray of Making of Document is possibility.

All very possible. But if you don't even GET your stuff you know even sooner that you can't stick to your shipping dates. So why the lack of proper communication? That's the core question here.

35167v4.jpg

Update 91

Sorry about that. I completely forgot to post it. I will post it when I get to work today because I don't have the spreadsheet in front of me.

Wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin'

• Like 2

Now now, armorb... guesswork is pointless... UNLESS your guess is that there's absolutely no reason for anything to have been shipped overseas. u_u

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Update 91

Did i miss this announcement or has this still not been done?