Seven Dragon Saga by Tactical Simulations Interactive (TSI) KS

http://www.tsi-games.com/

Launching on March 11th: https://twitter.com/TSIGames/status/575053465686163458

Gold Box fans rejoice! TSI is launching our Kickstarter this Wednesday, March 11th. Show your support for our exciting single player RPG: Seven Dragon Saga

We're back from GDC and happy to share details about what we've been working on.

In case you missed the announcement, GamesBeat did a terrific article on our “Gateway” initiative for transferring characters across games beginning with support from inXile and HareBrained Schemes. Read more about it here: http://venturebeat.com/2015/03/02/e...ransfer-characters-across-role-playing-games/

SSI alumni and Gold Box veterans David Shelley and Paul Murray, along with the rest of the TSI team are proud to bring you an exciting new challenge. Whether you remember playing Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, and Wizard's Crown or simply enjoy a quality RPG with tactical combat Seven Dragon Saga is for YOU!

But this can only happen with your help. As an indie studio, we are looking to our fans to fund a significant portion of the development through our upcoming Kickstarter campaign, which begins on March 11th. We aren't shy about our ambitions to make a great game, but that takes additional resources and effort.

Beyond funding, we are inviting you in on the making of Seven Dragon Saga. Increasingly fan feedback has been integral to the creative process that gives rise to innovative games. We hope you'll assist us in this adventure!"

We hope you will help spread the word and show your support when our campaign goes live this Wednesday at 10AM PDT.

Sincerely,

The TSI Team

It's back-to-back oldschool Kickstarters these days. Vote 'em up on GOG: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/seven_dragon_saga

Edited by Infinitron
  • Like 2

Oh wow.  If they could do the old Gold Box games right....  I might just open the wallet and drop some cash on that.  Not that I have a ton of money to waste, but I could probably match my buy in for PoE.  This is great news if they can do it right.  I'm still a bit leery because of PoR2.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Oh wow.  If they could do the old Gold Box games right....  I might just open the wallet and drop some cash on that.  Not that I have a ton of money to waste, but I could probably match my buy in for PoE.  This is great news if they can do it right.  I'm still a bit leery because of PoR2.

Just FYI, this game was actually first announced all the way back in August. More info here: http://www.rpgcodex.net/tags.php?id=1452

• Like 1

Color me interested.  I'll have a look at this Kickstarter of theirs in a couple of days.  I grew up on the Gold Box games and have many fond memories.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I really enjoyed Gold Box Games back in the day for their tactical, turn-based combat with a party of generated character. However, so far all I've seen is the "Gold Box" being used for name-dropping purposes. I need to learn more about what they have in mind in terms of actual game play and a story line, before I jump on board.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Yeah, rj, that's pretty much me also. I did read the qna in the link, so I'll follow it.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Eschewing traditional RPG tropes, Seven Dragon Saga takes place in a high-powered fantasy universe. Players will need to assemble a brave troupe of adventurers and embark on a quest to discover hidden truths and determine the fate of the Empire.

facepalmri6.gif
  • Like 1

^For sufficiently liberal interpretations of "eschewing" that may be true... :p

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Man I really wish some of the Gold Box games could come back to GoG :(

When I was young, no one was selling them in Slovakia, so I was able to play only few of them :(

But this game makes me more interested than the D&D 5e one, from other thread.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Yeah, I'm with H-shot.  I took a peek, but I'll pour over the info later and figure out what I'll do.  I'm sure I'll at least buy in, so it's really a matter of how much.

Obsidian Plays

If I didn't know anything about it I would have said Seven Dragon Saga sounds like a Japanese/ Chinese based game. Which wouldn't be bad at all.

(Brave using Saga in the title, King might send them a sternly worded letter)

From what I've read of it, including the KS, it does sound very much like a "Far East" setting somewhat like Kara-Tur. Or at least a mix.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

If I didn't know anything about it I would have said Seven Dragon Saga sounds like a Japanese/ Chinese based game. Which wouldn't be bad at all.

(Brave using Saga in the title, King might send them a sternly worded letter)

From what I've read of it, including the KS, it does sound very much like a "Far East" setting somewhat like Kara-Tur. Or at least a mix.

It's a Western RPG setting, but with some Chinese trappings. So not at the level of say, Jade Empire, but with some oriental flair.

Edited by Infinitron

Right now, I'm trying to decide on whether or not I'm going to support both SDS or SCL.  I have to admit that SCL increasingly has the look of a toolset geared game and less about my single player experience, which means that SDS will either get the majority of my pledge or all of it depending on how it looks.  I can't see throwing out more than a few hundred dollars altogether, not being made of cash like some of the other members here.  :Cant's sheepish grin icon:

Obsidian Plays

I don't *mind* playing with other folks online, but I hate trying to figure out the logistics and whatnot.  ...and I want a game I can start when I want to start, pause while I do whatever, and then start again later.  I don't want to commit whole chunks of time.

Obsidian Plays