Important change while playing female char!

One thing that needs to be fixed in Sith Lords is when you play as a female character and everyone refers to you as "he", isn't it possible to change the dialogues when playing female so that everyone says "she" instead?

I usually play through the game with both male and female characters and I've always been very annoyed by the endless HE....

One thing that needs to be fixed in Sith Lords is when you play as a female character and everyone refers to you as "he", isn't it possible to change the dialogues when playing female so that everyone says "she" instead?

I usually play through the game with both male and female characters and I've always been very annoyed by the endless HE....

When did this happen in KotOR? My impression is that you're hardly ever referred to in the third person, and Revan's gender isn't mentioned until you know it.

Examples, please.

In KotOR, I don't recall any gender mistakes playing either as a male or female. Which certainly doesn't mean that they weren't there on occasion, but that it wasn't so pervasive that it was glaring (to me, at least). When we're writing we definitely try and take the PC's gender into account. If we slip it's a bug. So please forgive our mortal failings. :(

-Ferret

In KotOR, I don't recall any gender mistakes playing either as a male or female. Which certainly doesn't mean that they weren't there on occasion, but that it wasn't so pervasive that it was glaring (to me, at least). When we're writing we definitely try and take the PC's gender into account. If we slip it's a bug. So please forgive our mortal failings. :)

-Ferret

HOW dare you be mortal. :)

"Endless he?" What are you talking about? KOTOR actually did very well with the gender pronoun thing. Far better than most games with variable gendered characters. I know of only two instances when the player character or Revan are referred to as "he" while playing a female. One of them can be chalked up to the ignorance of the character (Canderous). Since Revan wore that cloak and helmet, Canderous could have just assumed Revan was male. Obviously he hadn't actually met Revan before. The other is during the torture scene on the Leviathan, if you cave in, Saul will refer to you as a he. Other than those two instances, I didn't notice any gender pronoun errors.

When did this happen in KotOR? My impression is that you're hardly ever referred to in the third person, and Revan's gender isn't mentioned until you know it.

Examples, please.

Hmm.. I don't remember exactly when it happened, must be that my sub conciousness have erased it from my memory so that my favourite rpg would have less flaws.. :unsure: but it happened a few times when I played a female dark jedi..

"Endless he?" What are you talking about? KOTOR actually did very well with the gender pronoun thing. Far better than most games with variable gendered characters. I know of only two instances when the player character or Revan are referred to as "he" while playing a female. One of them can be chalked up to the ignorance of the character (Canderous). Since Revan wore that cloak and helmet, Canderous could have just assumed Revan was male. Obviously he hadn't actually met Revan before. The other is during the torture scene on the Leviathan, if you cave in, Saul will refer to you as a he. Other than those two instances, I didn't notice any gender pronoun errors.

Yeah I agree that they did it better, but it's still there..

With the "endless he" I was referring to all games, but I might have been a little vague on that point..

In KotOR, I don't recall any gender mistakes playing either as a male or female. Which certainly doesn't mean that they weren't there on occasion, but that it wasn't so pervasive that it was glaring (to me, at least). When we're writing we definitely try and take the PC's gender into account. If we slip it's a bug. So please forgive our mortal failings. :unsure:

-Ferret

KotOR did manage to handle genders quite well, just a few mistakes.. But as you said, it's a mortal failing and mistakes will always happen so it's nothing to complain about..

But however, there's waaay too many games that have the exactly same dialogue all the time no matter what gender you're playing and therefore it feels kinda wrong when you're being called he all the time even though you're playing a female.. Then there's no point playing both genders..

But anyway, you're not at fault for those dialogues but I just wanted to point it out.. Good luck on the bug detecting..

KotOR did manage to handle genders quite well, just a few mistakes.. But as you said, it's a mortal failing and mistakes will always happen so it's nothing to complain about..

But however, there's waaay too many games that have the exactly same dialogue all the time no matter what gender you're playing and therefore it feels kinda wrong when you're being called he all the time even though you're playing a female.. Then there's no point playing both genders..

But anyway, you're not at fault for those dialogues but I just wanted to point it out.. Good luck on the bug detecting..

If you have the option to play either gender, the game should reflect it. I completely agree with you on that point.

The funny thing is I actually got a bug very recently with one of my areas where I slipped and didn't include a case for the female. Oopsie, it happens. I fixed it, of course, but I thought the timing of this thread was amusing. Perhaps Grinder wrote the bug in question and is now poking fun at me. How cruel. :p

-Ferret

They shouldn't even waste the time putting in the ability to play female's.

but they should definitely put in the ability to play with the females...

They should make nipples tweakable.

And no more granny undies or those biker shorts mission wore, lets see some victoria's secret under those robes!

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

And no more granny undies or those biker shorts mission wore, lets see some victoria's secret under those robes!

funny you should ask. I'm working on that very thing today. Well, the underwear anyway, not the nipples.

"Haven't got an enemy in the world. Too lazy to make 'em" - The Reluctant Dragon

funny you should ask. I'm working on that very thing today. Well, the underwear anyway, not the nipples.

Great, when you see those victoria secret commercials, notice what the models are wearing, and not bob dylan!

And try to get those nipples functional! Maybe have a pregnant NPC who can "Force squirt".

Why Bio Why?

Great, when you see those victoria secret commercials, notice what the models are wearing, and not bob dylan!

this is true. KOTOR2 should have more NPCs that look like adriana lima.

dumber than a bag of hammers

damn, you have a good job.

It's getting that request for a live model to work with that is tricky, eh?

"Boss, I just can't get these panties right, I don't want to waste money on a live model, but I need something to work with, can you try on these thongs for me?"

It's a gamble, you might get the live model, or you might get RHPS material.

Either way, SHARE THE PICS!!!!!

Why Bio Why?

And try to get those nipples functional! Maybe have a pregnant NPC who can "Force squirt".

Thats disgusting. :rolleyes:

Thats disgusting. :rolleyes:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Why Bio Why?

Well.. It is Karzak. he does it to get a reaction. Don't take it too seriously as Karzey surely doesn't.

LOL, you trhink I don't want and wouldn't appriciate a preggo female NPC that could "force squirt" the baddies?

Unfortunately, lucas arts would not allow it, because it would be rough and get into everything, like sand, not soft and smooth like you volo!

Why Bio Why?