As of my fiddling with a rogue last night (v435), dual-wielding definately applies a negative accuracy modifier to both weapons (I think it was -10?)....

You didn't compare it to holding a single weapon did you? Because having a single one-handed weapon equipped gives you an accuracy bonus.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

As of my fiddling with a rogue last night (v435), dual-wielding definately applies a negative accuracy modifier to both weapons (I think it was -10?)....

Well that makes sense if your character is not specialized in dual wielding, it was the same for most RPG games. Small weapons and dual wielding training minimize the attack penalty. I just wonder how much impact weapon size will have for the hit rating as if I understand correctly there are only 3 weapon size classes. If dual wield will work only with small weapons I guess I'll be playing as fencing master rogue - Rapier/Dagger :)

Thinking of playing a Paladin,2h sword,high dps,an undead hunter of sorts,a fatantic who serves his god with bloody zeal-gonna roleplay it all the way,hopefully it will lead me into all sorts of trouble :)

"Very well permit me on this night. To break your hearts once more. This is the story of the Chain of Dogs. Of Coltaine of the Crow Clan, newly come fist to the 7th Army"- Duiker:Memories of Ice

Hatchets provide a bonus to deflection.

I can't express how weird and unintuitive that is.

it's a gameplay advantage rather than a reality based advantage.  make damage for daggers (no short swords) and hatchets equal.  okie dokie, now come up with a reason other than aesthetics to chose a hatchet over a dagger.  

*shrug*

there were bound to be a few weapon qualities that felt a bit wrong.  yeah, we agree the hatchet thing is a bit odd, but we can understand the difficulty obsidian were facing trying to make weapons balanced & unique.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Can anyone sell me on a chanter?

Sure! You can make a male Chanter, named Sandal. Then, just have him say nothing but " 'Chantment!".

Sold?

• Like 3

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u