White People: What They Say in Public vs Behind Closed Doors

ktchong

"For many years the students referred to the three different levels of math at our school as white math (low) Chinese math (regular) and Indian math (advanced).  It was hard not to chuckle a bit at the fact that the white kids were our low performers."

L0L  It's okay to make racist jokes about whites. R00fles!

Volo we have made this discussion before, white people typically haven't been the victims of historical or systemic abuse in society. I mean look at the history of  developments like Colonialism

We aren't the victims of racism. There is no reason we should get defensive with a little humor, you must learn to laugh at yourself. I know there is a certain perspective on these forums that white people  in the modern age are beset as a race by some nebulous and insidious forces but I don't buy it and I reject the notion that the white race as a whole is under some kind of attack?  

I'm genealogically a WASP. From the all evil racist oppressive people in your book. I've seen and experienced racism directed at myself and plenty of other white people. In fact, while it's certainly possible I'm missing some obscure law, in the US the only racism I know of that's codified into law is against white people (and a few other ethnic groups as well that aren't deemed 'oppressed' by people such as yourself), with things such as 'Affirmative action' and the like. Sexism with 'Title 9' and the like.

To be frank. I have a resounding )#@* you to all those folks out there who think anyone is entitled to anything based on the color of their skin, and some transgression (real or perceived (and a lot of them are just perceived) that other folks with that same skin color were subjected to generations ago. This attitude, coupled with the media's never ending dialogue on race (and sex) as an issue, parroted by people such as yourself, more than anything else out there serves to continue to divide people along sex or skin color. Racism isn't 'inherent in all of us' as you say. Speak for yourself. It's taught and reinforced again and again through the media people are exposed to in modern times.

Anyone of any sex or skin color can be the victim of racism or sexism. To say that it's the purview of ethnic group X, Y, and Z only to experience racism is an incredibly ignorant thing to say.

As for the you don't 'buy the notion'. Well, that's because you support the attack. You support 'multiculturalism' and think it's a good thing. You don't see or care that others don't agree with you, and see 'multiculturalism' as a bad thing for a variety of reasons. This is a complex subject, and the motivations of those involved in it vary, as do the good and bad consequences, but it's certainly the opinion of some that they are under attack, and they don't think that just for the hell of it.

I appreciate your honesty on this topic, I enjoy these types of debates because it allows us to unpack perceived challenger's that exist in society

And you right I do support multiculturalism. As I mentioned anyone can be racist, its just a prejudice and is definitely not the domain of white people. I suppose you could say affirmative action is a form of discrimination but it has  only been implemented to address systemic imbalances that  exist in the past in the workplace

For example are women really equal to men in the corporate world? 30 years ago many people thought that a women's role was in the kitchen getting the dinner ready, the TV series Mad Men highlights just how bad and institutionalized sexism was

So what other examples apart from affirmative action can you give me of proof that white people are discriminated against ? I am interested in how you see this ?

General,

While I don't live in South Africa, nor do I walk in your shoes, it's hard for me to believe that you've lived on this earth the number of decades you have and not personally experienced or seen any white people subjected to discrimination based on the color of their skin. Nevertheless I'll acknowledge it's theoretically possible. But, even if you have no personal experience with white people being subjected to discrimination, you should be able to use your imagination to craft scenarios where they would be.

If you cannot use your imagination to see how white people can also be discriminated against, I'd say your imagination is broken. So General, either you're ignorant or your imagination is broken. Or just, cognitive dissonance and failure to think things through.

I suggest you make more attempts to step outside of 'the box' in your thinking. Use your imagination (if it isn't broken), to put on other people's shoes, to change the color of a person's skin or sex in any given instance you think someone is or isn't being oppressed and ask the question 'Would I or anyone be making a fuss about this if the person at question had a different sex or skin color', etc. Think General. More than you have. If you did, I'm positive you'd take off those stars and abandon your war, as it's a war that's predicated on falsehoods or ignorance.

Where did all the humorous posters go on these forums?  

Hiding, but SJWs can find you everywhere. Political correctness is opposite to fun :)

Thats nasty, us SJW bring a much needed sense of decorum to society 

:aiee:

There is literally one SJW on this forum, and he is constantly berated for his posts.   :getlost:

There's more than one. Most of them either don't post that much though or don't see themselves as warriors.

But, the one you're referring to isn't merely a warrior, he's a social justice 5 star general.

Bruce is just hamming up a label that everybody like to throw at him.  You guys take him way too seriously, much like you do yourselves.  It's exhausting, I don't know how you keep it up.   :huh:

• Like 1

"For many years the students referred to the three different levels of math at our school as white math (low) Chinese math (regular) and Indian math (advanced).  It was hard not to chuckle a bit at the fact that the white kids were our low performers."

L0L  It's okay to make racist jokes about whites. R00fles!

Volo we have made this discussion before, white people typically haven't been the victims of historical or systemic abuse in society. I mean look at the history of  developments like Colonialism

We aren't the victims of racism. There is no reason we should get defensive with a little humor, you must learn to laugh at yourself. I know there is a certain perspective on these forums that white people  in the modern age are beset as a race by some nebulous and insidious forces but I don't buy it and I reject the notion that the white race as a whole is under some kind of attack?  

I'm genealogically a WASP. From the all evil racist oppressive people in your book. I've seen and experienced racism directed at myself and plenty of other white people. In fact, while it's certainly possible I'm missing some obscure law, in the US the only racism I know of that's codified into law is against white people (and a few other ethnic groups as well that aren't deemed 'oppressed' by people such as yourself), with things such as 'Affirmative action' and the like. Sexism with 'Title 9' and the like.

To be frank. I have a resounding )#@* you to all those folks out there who think anyone is entitled to anything based on the color of their skin, and some transgression (real or perceived (and a lot of them are just perceived) that other folks with that same skin color were subjected to generations ago. This attitude, coupled with the media's never ending dialogue on race (and sex) as an issue, parroted by people such as yourself, more than anything else out there serves to continue to divide people along sex or skin color. Racism isn't 'inherent in all of us' as you say. Speak for yourself. It's taught and reinforced again and again through the media people are exposed to in modern times.

Anyone of any sex or skin color can be the victim of racism or sexism. To say that it's the purview of ethnic group X, Y, and Z only to experience racism is an incredibly ignorant thing to say.

As for the you don't 'buy the notion'. Well, that's because you support the attack. You support 'multiculturalism' and think it's a good thing. You don't see or care that others don't agree with you, and see 'multiculturalism' as a bad thing for a variety of reasons. This is a complex subject, and the motivations of those involved in it vary, as do the good and bad consequences, but it's certainly the opinion of some that they are under attack, and they don't think that just for the hell of it.

I appreciate your honesty on this topic, I enjoy these types of debates because it allows us to unpack perceived challenger's that exist in society

And you right I do support multiculturalism. As I mentioned anyone can be racist, its just a prejudice and is definitely not the domain of white people. I suppose you could say affirmative action is a form of discrimination but it has  only been implemented to address systemic imbalances that  exist in the past in the workplace

For example are women really equal to men in the corporate world? 30 years ago many people thought that a women's role was in the kitchen getting the dinner ready, the TV series Mad Men highlights just how bad and institutionalized sexism was

So what other examples apart from affirmative action can you give me of proof that white people are discriminated against ? I am interested in how you see this ?

General,

While I don't live in South Africa, nor do I walk in your shoes, it's hard for me to believe that you've lived on this earth the number of decades you have and not personally experienced or seen any white people subjected to discrimination based on the color of their skin. Nevertheless I'll acknowledge it's theoretically possible. But, even if you have no personal experience with white people being subjected to discrimination, you should be able to use your imagination to craft scenarios where they would be.

If you cannot use your imagination to see how white people can also be discriminated against, I'd say your imagination is broken. So General, either you're ignorant or your imagination is broken. Or just, cognitive dissonance and failure to think things through.

I suggest you make more attempts to step outside of 'the box' in your thinking. Use your imagination (if it isn't broken), to put on other people's shoes, to change the color of a person's skin or sex in any given instance you think someone is or isn't being oppressed and ask the question 'Would I or anyone be making a fuss about this if the person at question had a different sex or skin color', etc. Think General. More than you have. If you did, I'm positive you'd take off those stars and abandon your war, as it's a war that's predicated on falsehoods or ignorance.

" general "  :biggrin:

I dont know why some of you  guys  keep thinking I think  that white people don't  ever get discriminated against either historically or nowadays...I would have to be a complete dunce to not know this

I live in South Africa and I am exposed to this on an almost daily basis....but its not as systemic and institutionalized as  sexism or some of the historic racism we see in modern society

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hiding, but SJWs can find you everywhere. Political correctness is opposite to fun :)

Thats nasty, us SJW bring a much needed sense of decorum to society 

:aiee:

There is literally one SJW on this forum, and he is constantly berated for his posts.   :getlost:

There's more than one. Most of them either don't post that much though or don't see themselves as warriors.

But, the one you're referring to isn't merely a warrior, he's a social justice 5 star general.

Bruce is just hamming up a label that everybody like to throw at him.  You guys take him way too seriously, much like you do yourselves.  It's exhausting, I don't know how you keep it up.   :huh:

:lol:

You see I knew you could be humorous  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Could you guys cut out the damned quote trees?  Good Lord!

Okay, Bruce, I'll take some of the heat off of you by making a shocking admission.  I'm... :looks over his shoulder and whispers:  I'm a Republican!  Anyhow, I'm friends with an extremely liberal democrat family and I've known them for a long time.  The sons and I all get along and we're quite close, but we have some heated and spirited political debates, especially since the kids love talking politics all the time.  One of the sons is particularly concerned about social justice issues.  He's all about LGTB agendas and whatnot.  We actually don't tend to fight much about that because I don't really care about other folks sexual proclivities.  I mean, no animals or minors and you can do what you want.  Anyhow, he'll says (and surprisingly often) "Republicans are all racist!"  Then he'll remember that I *am* republican and add, "Except for you                  !"  hehehe

Racism is an overused word.  It's also used as a weapon to shut down debate or attack political opponents, and that's just wrong.  Debate the issue, not the person.

• Like 2

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Okay, Bruce, I'll take some of the heat off of you by making a shocking admission.  I'm... :looks over his shoulder and whispers:  I'm a Republican!  Anyhow, I'm friends with an extremely liberal democrat family and I've known them for a long time.  The sons and I all get along and we're quite close, but we have some heated and spirited political debates, especially since the kids love talking politics all the time.  One of the sons is particularly concerned about social justice issues.  He's all about LGTB agendas and whatnot.  We actually don't tend to fight much about that because I don't really care about other folks sexual proclivities.  I mean, no animals or minors and you can do what you want.  Anyhow, he'll says (and surprisingly often) "Republicans are all racist!"  Then he'll remember that I *am* republican and add, "Except for you                  !"  hehehe

Racism is an overused word.  It's also used as a weapon to shut down debate or attack political opponents, and that's just wrong.  Debate the issue, not the person.

Cant I have to be honest I am surprised you can so brazen and say on a public forum you are a Republican...do you have no shame  :p

But on a serious note I work for an American software company and most of the people I know who I am very friendly with are Republican, its no big deal. We just agree to disagree on certain topics

John Milton 

We just agree to disagree on certain topics

I thought that was unpossible on the internet.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I understand and appreciate your pain. The quoting mechanics on this forum though can be quite buggy. So rather than spend what sometimes is a number of minutes paring down the tree, I just put it all in there as that takes only a short moment. My apologies, however lobby the forum masters to fix or replace the godawful software they use (it's got some other major issues) and your pain will be alleviated greatly I'm sure.

I have an admission as well. I can't date a woman with bad feet and I don't even have a foot fetish.

Is there a really awkward label I can use and get upset with folks when they've never heard of it?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I ate 'em.

Anyhow, now that I've had some sleep, I think I can marshal my thoughts better.  My point about poverty, and this goes along the lines of what Gorth was saying, is that being stuck in the wheel well of the bus of life doesn't require any particular skin color.  Grom had bad experiences at the hands of white folks.  His example show that he took those experiences and transformed them into something good because of some of the breaks he had in life.  Awesome!  However, I would much rather celebrate his success at rising above hatred, even if sometimes he still falls into those ways, than defend folks for hating.  I can understand some folks hating people of any particular group.  A woman who was gang raped at a bar shouldn't assume all men are rapists, but she probably has a hard time not feeling animosity towards men.  I can sympathize with her.  It still ain't good.  Even if I don't judge her, which I don't, my point would still remain that her feelings towards men aren't good for her.  It's still something that detracts from her life.  ...And, if she used her feelings as a way to excuse self destructive behavior, then the men who raped her would be causing her even greater harm after the fact than they did during the first assault.

As for me, I think I've discussed enough of my childhood except for one thing that may or may not be humorous.  (If it's not, bite me!)  My biological father was half Mexican by heritage.  My grandmother was born and raised in Mexico.  It doesn't come up all the time, but when it's come out that I'm part Mexican, I've had people call me a 'wannabe' and all manner of ignorant crap.  Hell, I've had Mexican descent relatives tell me I'm not *really* Mexican.  Now, anyone who's met a significant number of actual Mexicans, knows that you get a pretty broad range of skin colors, hair colors, and eye colors.  Yeah, by the it got to my generation, we looked a hell of a lot more white bread than good ol'  Nana.  Never really bothered me.  Just kind of weird.

am not defending hatred, but pretend that it doesn't exist or isn't warranted strike us as equal wrong.  it would be nice if we could all be saints (maybe not actually) but the reality is that if you suffer because of ___________ or is disenfranchised, ridiculed and functional segregated, chances are the you is gonna dislike the person, organization or class that you see as responsible for your suffering.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/58301-the-humanitarian-mission-in-lybia/page-3?do=findComment&comment=1132855

we got all kinds o' reasons to dislike white folks and the US and that guy who vandalized our family truck back in 76 by smashing windows, slashing tires and spray painting racial slurs on it while we were in the grocery store in town. even so, from reading a few o' our posts, it is kinda obvious that we ain't acting like a victim, and we ain't blaming white folks.  when the white-cops-are-killing-unarmed-minorities threads pop up, Gromnir typical defends the cops (or at least we point out that whatever injustice occured, it ain't the result o' malice by The Powers That Be.)  when nutter conspiracy theorists make claims that the military industrial complex manipulates the system to keep women and minorities on the bottom rungs o' the ladder o' society, we is at the forefront heaping scorn on 'em.  we has actual litigated on behalf o' nazis and white power groups in spite o' the fact that such folks make our skin crawl. am even willing to say that we hate nazis without feeling the need to apologize, but that didn't stand in our way o' advocating for them and their First Amendment rights.

people who suffer at the hands o' ___________ will very likely come to hate their tormentors. am not saying that is good, but some good can come from it.  on the other hand, act as if Gromnir and other minorities who has suffered real and genuine bigotry should just, you know, let go o' our anger likes we is jedi or somesuch is pure fantasy.  there is gonna be anger and hate.  accept it and try to make something from it.  accept that perhaps there is cause for anger and try and fix the problems.  but tell folks they shouldn't feel hate for the systemic obstacles that still makes life a whole lot tougher for them is, we believe, asking too much o' most folks.

we tell our younger family members not to make excuses.  we tell 'em that being angry is ok, but being a victim is unforgivable. we tell 'em not to respond to bigotry with bigotry and that the best way to get back at those who did you wrong is to prove how wrong they were about you.  

as a minority or woman you want a complete level playing field?  it ain't gonna happen.  is no way to turn back the clock so that black, indian, chinese or whatever americans received the same advantages as white americans when attempting to get home loans +70 years ago and more.  for generations, their families has had advantages and passed on advantages to future generations.  is still old (and not so old) white men (the guys who most often run business) who thinks latinos or asians can't handle certain managerial tasks as well as whites.  is clearly more than a few folks who still thinks women is less suited to be successful in the business world.  #@$% 'em.  it ain't gonna be complete fair for your generation or the next, but guess what, the major hurdles to your success were removed in the 60s and 70s.  b!tching and moaning is just gonna prove to the bigots that they were right when they claimed you couldn't hack it.  so #@$% 'em.  be angry and prove 'em wrong.  maybe in two generations, or three or four, the playing field will genuine be level, but if folks accept their victim status without overcoming the remaining obstacles with their own will (and anger), then 100 years from now we will still be facing the same problems.

tell us the anger isn't justified? *snort*  doesn't matter.  tell or ask somebody not to be angry is pointless.  what you say don't matter.  is just air.  what you feel don't matter, cause feelings is even lighter than air.  it's what you do that counts.  

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Anyhow, he'll says (and surprisingly often) "Republicans are all racist!"  Then he'll remember that I *am* republican and add, "Except for you                  !"  hehehe

This is funny considering the democratic party's history of racism. 

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

am not defending hatred, but pretend that it doesn't exist or isn't warranted strike us as equal wrong.  it would be nice if we could all be saints (maybe not actually) but the reality is that if you suffer because of ___________ or is disenfranchised, ridiculed and functional segregated, chances are the you is gonna dislike the person, organization or class that you see as responsible for your suffering.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/58301-the-humanitarian-mission-in-lybia/page-3?do=findComment&comment=1132855

we got all kinds o' reasons to dislike white folks and the US and that guy who vandalized our family truck back in 76 by smashing windows, slashing tires and spray painting racial slurs on it while we were in the grocery store in town. even so, from reading a few o' our posts, it is kinda obvious that we ain't acting like a victim, and we ain't blaming white folks.  when the white-cops-are-killing-unarmed-minorities threads pop up, Gromnir typical defends the cops.  when nutter conspiracy theorists make claims that the military industrial complex manipulates the system to keep women and minorities on the bottom rungs o' the ladder o' society, we is at the forefront heaping scorn on 'em.  we has actual litigated on behalf o' nazis and white power groups in spite o' the fact that such folks make our skin crawl. am even willing to say that we hate nazis without feeling the need to apologize, but that didn't stand in our way o' advocating for them and their First Amendment rights.

Gromnir; you're just awesome.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

Anyhow, he'll says (and surprisingly often) "Republicans are all racist!"  Then he'll remember that I *am* republican and add, "Except for you                  !"  hehehe

Anyone who considers themself left-wing and votes for or defends the democratic party is a cuck.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Anyone who considers themself left-wing and votes for or defends the democratic party is a cuck.

Edited by Valsuelm
  • Like 2

Democrats fall on the right of the spectrum and hold beliefs that incompatible with leftist ideologies. Paying lip service to muh oppreshun doesn't change that.

http://youtu.be/lcb_iN2RhpM

• Like 1

Fair enough, Grom. Personally, I agree that hate you can't help but feel is better channeled into a greater good. Even more, if you'be suffered such great injuries that you can't pit aside your hatred, better to hate your tormentors than yourself. Saved from wall of text by phone keyboard. ;D

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Democrats fall on the right of the spectrum and hold beliefs that incompatible with leftist ideologies. Paying lip service to muh oppreshun doesn't change that.

On what basis are the democrats "right" and which of these beliefs are incompatible with leftist ideologies?

On what basis are the democrats "right" and which of these beliefs are incompatible with leftist ideologies?

Corporatist Capitalism is right and is incompatible with leftist ideologies, which are almost exclusively anti-capitalist. Democrats are corporatist to the core.

Won't even touch the Authoritarian-Libertarian axis, but with wanting to restrict guns democrats fail there too.

http://youtu.be/lcb_iN2RhpM

The left-right spectrum is flawed in oodles of ways. Political realities are far more complex than that spectrum accounts for.

This has nothing to do with your misuse or misunderstanding of the word 'cuck'.

The average modern Republican is far more like yesterday's Democrat than the other way around on most issues.

I'd be interested in hearing Chomsky elaborate on his statement saying otherwise. I'd wager the argument would be along the lines of the 'Democrats are now bought and paid for just like the Republicans', but perhaps not. Chomsky usually isn't so historically naive or ignorant.

Edited by Valsuelm

Kaineparker is super into labelling things.  I bet his spice cabinet is immaculate.

the kinda guy that uses a label maker device to make a label for his label maker... says "label maker"? 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Kaineparker is super into labelling things.  I bet his spice cabinet is immaculate.

the kinda guy that uses a label maker device to make a label for his label maker... says "label maker"? 

HA! Good Fun!

Thanks, now I have to wipe coffee stains off my keyboard.

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein