Let's play Fallout New Vegas

kirottu

INTERLUDE (Road to Mojave Outpost)

By3KLjA.jpgYou can't do it yourself? Well, I guess "homebody" was what they wanted. I'm not bitter so I'll do it.

saX4ZcC.jpgThat is a sign of M, isn't it? My mom told me about those. You could find "buregers" at sign of M. They were the greatest food ever created at the old world. Such strong is their magic that they would still be perfectly edible.

WfkIIZk.jpgNo one will ever notice me until it's too late. I'm like a fart in a desert.

K4Q37mc.jpgWhat is this? A prison for mantises?

nOrVgsA.jpgAh violence, if it's not working you're not using enough of it.

8rflWza.jpgOh dear Vault Boy, I have never been this disappointed in my life. It's just too guys shaking hands, no buregers anywhere. I so tired of squirrel bits and gecko steaks. Wait... what are "squirrels"? I have never seen one.   

Edited by kirottu
  • Like 2

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Primm (Part 2)

I have a pardon for Myers, but first lets just check these apartments through, because of, uh, reasons.

lMQnH8i.jpgOh hello, do you come here often? *cough* I mean... lets just make one thing absolutely clear. I will never ever steal anything. Ever... but there are incy wincy exceptions like skill books, because it would be criminal not to use those. And stealing when it doesn't lower my karma, because clearly that action has been blessed by the Vault Boy himself. And star bottle caps because of reasons.

EN1DKnK.jpgOh just rub it in will you. It wasn't "My kind of town". It was his kind of town, but that's okay. I'm not bitter. I'm sure they will be very happy together.

Couriers Stash (Part 1)

3aOiqTY.jpgSearching for the clues one butt at the time.

lcMVWek.jpg

That's way too far. Who do they think I am, a courier? Oh right.

Edited by kirottu
  • Like 1

Nipton

vSan17k.jpgOh look, two people fighting outside Nipton. I wonder whose side should I take?

9Zz6aA1.jpgShe's obviously a strong independent woman who needs no man. So I'm shooting her in the back for equality. No support for damsels in distress here. Remember kids, when you're siding with equality you're siding with the forces of goodness+.

xGPK7Ci.jpgYes definitely safer. In my personal experience far less accidents happen to people without star bottle caps.

8xxg0dS.jpgI can't quite put my finger on it, but I don't think these people are on the side of goodness.

j8dsRZ8.jpgMaybe you guys just need friend to whom you could talk. Take my teddy bear. She's a excellent listener. Guys?

6PFmJbx.jpg Sheesh. You would think Ceasar's Legionaries would understand to take the olive branch when they see one.

Nipton, not a happy place. Everyone was dead and I didn't get to kill them. Not that I would have, since I'm good, but I'm just saying.

Edited by kirottu
  • Like 2

Thinking of playing this, I have the 4gb loader and texture pack, but is there anything else I can do to make it look pretty?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Thinking of playing this, I have the 4gb loader and texture pack, but is there anything else I can do to make it look pretty?

There's the thing Lexx is using.

I am using the "New Vegas Configator" (yes, it's written like that) to pimp up the graphics a little bit. Increased the grid loading from 4 to 8, which results in LOD models not being replaced that fast anymore.

If you want to go for something more extreme there's this.

Me personally I never liked this ENB stuff. People are turning their games into a dark blurry mess, which by the love of god I can't understand why anyone would want to do it. Yes you are hiding the ugly edges with blur and darkness... but you also hide everything else. You can make pretty screenshots with it, but I never had been able to play with that stuff.

/Edit: What the game is lacking is true object / environment shadowing. The world would look less... wrong... if it had better light and shadows, imo.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Interlude (Road to Novac feat. Legion raid camp and Broc flower cave)

ayBGqKK.jpg"The roads of Mojave are dangerous and full of surprises, but with a new night scope for your rifle you'll be the surprise, the last surprise their sorry asses will ever get. Now for only 199 caps."  

aU1Suyw.jpgI wonder how this will turn out. Surely Ceasar's Legion wouldn't put out an ambush for traders...

lKiBKLe.jpg...and the prize for the worst shot ever goes to a legionary. Or perhaps the Vault Boy himself decided to help the traders from his great Vault of the sky.

1cUD3MC.jpgWe tanketh thee for this bountiful loot.

YUdBRrI.jpgOh the happenings just keep rolling to my favour. Now I can save these sorry bastards while NCR and the Legion fight it out.

RItmvKL.jpgEverything is going so well. What a beautiful day it is. 

8y1qqAL.jpgWhy would you call them "Unusual" that's just ableist. Like with my testicle you should simply call it big not "unusual"...if I had a big testicle, which I don't... 

E8LK7mB.jpgOh dear Vault Boy! These creatures should be called "Furry dismemberment death rodents from the devils anus"! Everything was going so well and now I'm getting burried by these things.

RNVheMO.jpgFinally, literally so high on Med-X that this devil's cave could collapse on me and I wouldn't feel a thing, I find my prize. Never again...

Edited by kirottu

/Edit: What the game is lacking is true object / environment shadowing. The world would look less... wrong... if it had better light and shadows, imo.

Oh I agree 100%.

Novac

MvYra9Z.jpgVery well, since you did save my life your wish is my command. I shall henceforth call you "Biscuit Sempai". Also I'll try to find some butter.

xbGlhKu.jpg My mom always said guys like him make frenemies not enemies.

AFeeqMA.jpgThose black eyes of death will haunt me the rest of my days. I guess this will be the one star bottle cap I wont be getting.

0iftrEc.jpgSome day Patencia, some day you will feel the sweet caress of my finger on your tigger, the soft tingle of my breath against your cheek, and, oh my, I think I need to take a moment.

zuNtkVN.jpgThere is only one cure for slavery...

3fnyXq7.jpg

...the headshot of Justice!

Good job knocking off the slaving bastards, but I have to say, you're erotic fixation on the elderly Daisy is... disturbing.  If you flipped her trigger, how would you complete Auld Lange Sine?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Good job knocking off the slaving bastards, but I have to say, you're erotic fixation on the elderly Daisy is... disturbing.  If you flipped her trigger, how would you complete Auld Lange Sine?

I was talking about the rifle not Daisy. Not that I'm ageist or anything. Just her eyes, man, those dark cold eyes of death would shrivel my manhood.

Using a rifle over a handgun? I think you're abelist scum.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Repconn Test Site

g0no6D9.jpgShooting bunch of unarmed ghouls who then have to run uphill to get to me. It's just like my mom always used to say: "If the fight is fair then you are doing it wrong."

8efD99e.jpg"Paint me like one of your french ghouls", he said with his last breath. What is "french" anyways?

BMTfIpj.jpgThat's what she said! Hahahaa. Ha ha. Ha. Laugh the tears away, Korppi, laugh the tears away.

mslkoFz.jpgDavison, your cloak is no match for the apt sensors of ED-E, nor can your blade go against Veronica's fists of fury, but your armor is more than a match against my rifle of rat slaying. How... Wait, am I the sidekick?

Lc5XQye.jpgOh my Vault Boy...

ylpsgVk.jpgI don't think I have ever felt this way. May I call you Chris?

oLOeHVy.jpgIt's like you found the words to describe the pain in my very soul, Chris. How did you do that? Are we soul mates? We are, aren't we, Chris. You are a poet. Let's be BFFs forever and ever.

EiCXLeE.jpgLooks like Mr. Bright had a small oopsie before starting his grand speech.

hVYXZZR.jpg See you Space Cowboys. This was really nice double dose of goodness. I got to help the ghouls to fulfill their dream and that solved Novac's problem as well.

Finally, a small gift for my new BFF.

Vbzw9jk.jpg Teddy bears are the perfect gift for any balding man. Every inch of their bodies is covered by smooth fur and they will never go bald. As long as you have your teddy bears and I have mine somehow we will always be connected, Chris, always.

Edited by kirottu
  • Like 1

Dr. Dala?

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Just one bear moves his toe, and the entire menagerie will go flying out at top speeds in every direction. You're playing with Bethesda physics fire, my friend.

• Like 2

Nipton

8xxg0dS.jpgI can't quite put my finger on it, but I don't think these people are on the side of goodness.

Nipton, not a happy place. Everyone was dead and I didn't get to kill them. Not that I would have, since I'm good, but I'm just saying.

I admit Nipton was always a place that bugged me. Vulpes Inculta  has a line that says something like "if you don't like what I've done (in killing the town), try to kill me" and then when you try to kill him everyone attacks.

Didn't you hear the man? He said I could attack him!

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

How the devil are you putting up with Veronica? Her desperate squeeing usually ensured I left her beaten and shot to a pulp under the bridge I found her atop of, now that was a demonstration of wit that I appreciated.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I strongly recommend trying a sweet weather mod called Nevada Skies:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35998/?

Here are some more graphics related mods:

NMCs Texture pack

EVE - Essential Visual Enhancements

Enhanced Camera

Already using NS and EVE, and pretty sure that is the texture mod I have installed.

Will see about installing the camera mod when I get home.

How the devil are you putting up with Veronica? Her desperate squeeing usually ensured I left her beaten and shot to a pulp under the bridge I found her atop of, now that was a demonstration of wit that I appreciated.

Used Veronica to get into the BoS bunker, then dumped her off. Out of all NV companions she was the only one I found to feel out of place and her dialogue was annoying as hell.

Sassy gay doctor was the better Energy Weapons guy anyways.

• Like 1

Helios One

Xl7bk77.jpgRemember kids, if you're good enough at bull****ting you can get any job. Though, these kind of people tend to focus on certain professions. My mom told me that in the old world these people would have been "gaming journalists".

QquFot9.jpgOh come on NCR. Did your dog feeder die and now no one else can feed them, because of jurisdiction? Feed your dogs.

dEyIP3Y.jpgChoices choices... First one is out, because NCR continues to disappoint me, but they don't disappoint me enough for number two. Archimedes would mean I would get much more firepower and I am force of goodness, but in the end that kind of thinking might lead to darkness. So...

v0qqRtL.jpgSun is for everyone.

• Like 3

Boulder City

WhN9gJY.jpgI was only half joking here. Sometimes it feels like I'm out of my body and watching myself from some sort of 3rd person view. Creepy.

cpWvquT.jpgReally, NCR, really? Orders, shmordes, I gave them my word. You gave your word. We're not going to shoot them in their backs. I think it's time to slap some reason in to some high ranking NCR officials.