Let's play Fallout New Vegas

kirottu

Hello, my name is Kiro and you may know me from such threads as "Let's play I'm charming and handsome, and you send me your phone number" and "Let's play I'm now in my thirties and I have it all figured out".

Today I shall start a new Let's play New Vegas, because I'm chronic reroller and I thought this would be the only freaking way I could finish this game without starting again from the beginning half way through. "Ugh, what an ugly beard. What was I thinking" or "SCIFI game without specializing to lazors and ****? I was mad, mad I tell you!"

For this playthrough I'm using mods which fix the issues I have with this game without changing it drastically. First for stability and bug fixes:
New Vegas Anti Crash.
New Vegas Stutter Remover.
Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.

With these three the game runs smooth as baby's bottom over Mojave sand, doesn't crash and cry like a baby with irritated butt cheeks, and will finish it's quests properly like something about potty training sandy cheeked baby... Yeah, fine, I know! I lost the joke midway! Just be glad I didn't start the thread all over.

*cough* Secondly some visual upgrade mods:
Interior Lighting Overhaul.
FNV Realistic Wasteland Lighting.

Since we are talking about visual upgrades I shan't make any references to baby bottoms since that would be improper and frankly below my high standards. Both mods make the game look better and atmospheric.

Thirdly some miscellaneous/immersion mods:
Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition Plus. Truly a miscellaneous mod.
New Vegas - Enhanced Camera. Look down and see your feet! Incrediable!
The Couriers Cache. Adding bit of history to courier who had none.
Karma Perks. Making karma matter before you hit the end slides.
Unlimited Traits. Since they have a downside and an upside why limit them.
Glowing Star Bottle Caps. I will get you this time Festus!!1

The playthrough itself will be in hardcore and very hard difficulty. If this sounds like your thing stick around. I will try to make daily updates of my progress. 

The greatest joke will still be me stopping half way through. I'm totally calling it.

• Like 4

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Mission Mojave isn't that great IMO. Project Nevada with the bugfix mod gave me a much better experience in terms of performance and gameplay. Also you need to use EVE if you're going with Energy Weapons, which you should.

Enough nitpicking, have fun mate!

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I actually can't remember the game crashing on me in loooong hours of gameplay.  Still, as long as it doesn't add new bugs, anything that says 'Anti Crash' can't be all that bad.  I'll watch the video when you post it, you loveable catlike alien (or whatever your avatar is supposed to be)!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Mission Mojave isn't that great IMO. Project Nevada with the bugfix mod gave me a much better experience in terms of performance and gameplay. Also you need to use EVE if you're going with Energy Weapons, which you should.

Enough nitpicking, have fun mate!

I felt like Project Nevada changes and adds too much stuff. When we're not talking about Bethesda game I kinda want my gaming experience be close to how developers intended it to be played.

I actually can't remember the game crashing on me in loooong hours of gameplay.  Still, as long as it doesn't add new bugs, anything that says 'Anti Crash' can't be all that bad.  I'll watch the video when you post it, you loveable catlike alien (or whatever your avatar is supposed to be)!

Ha! Like my old snooze pump of a machine could record videos and play games at the same time. No, it will be screenshots and witty one liners, and you'll be happy you get that much.

I will add one more mod (For the Enclave!) to the mix if people want to see it. It's not like having more Enclave around ever killed anyone. But now for the main thing.

First things first: Our hero, Korppi. If you're wondering why would I call myself Kiro in the first post, post as kirottu, and play as Korppi, the reason is quite simple. I'm deep and mysterious.

Next few screenshots are for the adults only. Be ready to see Korppi as you have never seen a game character. No clothes, just the raw detail of his manhoodiness. You have been warned.

dlLBGee.jpgMmm... Tasty S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats.

qso7lWD.jpgTagged skills for courier who is used to taking care of himself on the road. Not as tasty as the previous the screenshot, but still pretty steamy.

3jyP9ou.jpgFinally Korppi is finished with nerdy traits to make him irresistible to all them babes and babettes. Dreamy.

Korppi will be a good guy. Also absolutely no stealing will be done. I thought it would fun to roleplay as someone who doesn't take everything that isn't bolted down, crazy right? So no stealing ever. It's written on stone now and it's only thing there so yeah, no stealing.

Edited by kirottu
  • Like 2

GOODSPRINGS

7g2SVld.jpgIt was dark and stormy night when I stepped out to Mojave desert once again. Well, clearly it was sunny and day time, but that's how all the stories my mom used to tell me started.

sgr9LGk.jpgWhat?! Geckos are lizard people? The ancient evil my mom told me about, who ruled United States of old and new from the shadows. Clearly they haven't changed from their evil ways and seek to control our fluids.

Fj496xT.jpg

Now I'm confused. Surely if they were the evil masterminds, they would wear pants. Or skirts, you know I'm not sexist.

S2JDnQK.jpg Pants or no pants all the evil lizard people were killed, water source liberated, and my first Mojave citizen rescued. Feels good man. Or woman, I'm not sexist.

CiMEjJ4.jpg

The path lead me to graveyard, where I didn't rob the dead since they were dead so they own anything. Also I reasoned that if I were ever killed, I would want someone to come and dig the bullets which killed me and use them to kill the bastards who killed me. This is a good deed I'm doing here. Your murder will be avenged Jay... Prenzal? Prinzal? Irinzal?

RzFNKsD.jpgAh. Nothing to see here. Move along. Go the next screenshot... FINE! I revisit my one and only rule. Almost absolutely nothing will be stolen during this playthrough.

UbqIjVK.jpg

I decided to side with the good people of Goodsprings and everybody rose to defend what is just. Well, everybody except Victor. "Override command 16-delta" my ass. It's not like I haven't heard that excuse before, women right! Or men, I'm not sexist. Mostly it's just about relationships. You make plans and then the other doesn't show up or even call. It just hurts my feelings.

KqXXfxd.jpgIn the end baddies were slain, citizens saved, and almost nothing was stolen. Rest in peace Jay... Prinzal? Yeah, I'm going with Prinzal.

Edited by kirottu
  • Like 1

Almost

:lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I like that.  You *can't* steal from the dead.  They don't own anything.  Therefore, if you kill someone and take his stuff, it's not stealing.  Now to find a way to kill someone without calling it murder!  :Cant's running away from Kirottu icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

^Wasn't there a killer who used that argument when they were caught?  That they were a killer, admittedly, but they'd never robbed anybody because they only took things after the person they killed was dead.

Or maybe it was a movie and not a historical thing.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

^Wasn't there a killer who used that argument when they were caught?  That they were a killer, admittedly, but they'd never robbed anybody because they only took things after the person they killed was dead.

Or maybe it was a movie and not a historical thing.

Let's just say that if some killer hadn't used that defense, one of them should have.  Of course, there's no evidence that Kirottu's character will be that way.  At best we could call him a grave-robber appropriator.

Obsidian Plays

INTERLUDE (or a game of Caravan and the road to Primm)

nwL0guc.jpgNot a winning hand. Apparently Caravan is played by the ancient Finland VS Sweden hockey rules: It isn't important if Finland wins or loses. What is important is Sweden losing. And I(Finland) made Ringo(Sweden) lose when I got a king and made another of his caravans go over the limit. 

s7n1bfs.jpgI got ambushed by lizard people. Why would they attack me? This must mean that they know I know what my mother knew.

uVKvfsp.jpg Still more coming? They really want to keep their secrets secret. Wait what is that sound?

ujfBScJ.jpgOh joyous day! He does care! Wait, something doesn't add up. Why would he come to my aid now when he didn't before? Does he know? He must know that they know I know what my mother knew. I'm calling it now "Fallout: Robots VS Lizard People - The Final Solution" is going to be the next Fallout game.

Edit: There was also a non screenshotted happening. Some guy called Malcolm came to me started to talk about star bottle caps and Festus, and then he died. It wasn't my fault. He some somehow accidentally leaned in to my bullets and got himself killed. It was more of a suicide than anything else. I'm sure it wasn't my fault since I didn't lose any karma and karma is the law of the land in Mojave.

I took his star bottle caps and will say "Hello" to Festus for him. I think that was what he would have wanted, because I feel I really got to know him during our less than a minute long conversation. R.I.P Malcolm. 

Edited by kirottu
  • Like 1

I've never one-hundred percent understood how to play Caravan, in spite of the fact that nearly every playthrough I have done I try to roleplay as a card shark and pick up all the cards I can buy whenever I hit a shop.

It might be a brilliant, brilliant little card game, but I never had the energy to figure it out.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Primm (Part 1)

A5qLaXv.jpg

Primm is overrun by evil Powder Gangers and I get this jurisdiction bull****? If you keep up like that there might be another "leaning in to some bullets" accident. 

On a side note, I have always wanted to say "jurisdiction bull****". Thank you Fallout New Vegas.

5Q1hkxW.jpgFirst ally of all things good and proper aquired! It's a bit eerie though. It looks like one really big testicle with a small **** only upside down. Not that I would know anything about that. My **** is of average size and I totally have standard size and amount of testicles, which is... three? Three testicles.

wJmUgbe.jpg

It's deputy saving time. Also, someone should start "moving broken down cars out of the way" time. Just not me since I'm too busy doing actual important good stuff.

SY1Owhi.jpg Whoa! This is like straight from the "It was dark and stormy, old and abandoned store" story my mom used to tell me.

wTELYle.jpgGuy has an incinerator and a tire iron, and he attacks me with the tire iron. I swear I could hear him shouting "YOLO!", whatever that might mean.

xnUv6X2.jpg

Oh, that's nice! I save you and you tell me I'm not husband material?! The sheer ingratitude of some people... Sheesh. I could totally settle down if I would find the right gender neutral personification of personality. Yeah that's how I say it since I'm not a sexist.

VQ3gWEX.jpg

Which one is the best choice for this town? I just met the NCR, but already not a fan. So not them. Do I really want to make a robot have life and death power over humans? Still, he is pretty slow. You could always outrun him so that would even things out. I think I'll go with the sheriff, but getting him from the prison is going to be a bitch. 

Edited by kirottu
  • Like 2

Yeah, those nasty lizard people. A google search showed that 12 million Americans believe lizard people are secretly running their country. Maybe they are descendants of the civil servants of the old pre-war regime?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Just because I am currently replaying New Vegas as well (savegame says 36 hours again, heh)... I am using the "New Vegas Configator" (yes, it's written like that) to pimp up the graphics a little bit. Increased the grid loading from 4 to 8, which results in LOD models not being replaced that fast anymore.

Usually you never see the Freeside sign this far in the distance (it always annoyed the hell out of me that it was poping up like 10 feet in front of me):

qbfSKY.jpg

And the damn water at the Dam:

suZk6b.jpg

Since day 1 it also annoyed the hell out of me. It is pretty much invisible 99% of the time you walk around in that location, which probably was the reason for it to be removed with a later patch (it's in my game again due to the uncut mod, if I remember right. Though, I am 100% certain that there had been many more structures on the Dam than there are in the game now (wooden stuff at the rim, etc)).

Sadly I can't crank it up to the max... no normal PC can handle that. But setting the value to 8 is still possible for me without noticing slow downs.

Sorry for the off topic, just had to get it out into the world right now. :>

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

NCR Correctional Facility

I have a cunning plan.

oPFDdUV.jpgFirst I sneak in from safe distance, kill some far a way guards, loot their armor, put it on...

ITn58SJ.jpg ...and great success! Now I just go in, talk to sheriff Myers, get out, and they wont even know I was ever there.

zwXuE9j.jpgThey aren't hostile! BASK IN THE GLORY OF MY 9 INTELLIGENT! No one else could have thought so perfect and cunning plan.

JpPEgFC.jpgOh crap! He looks pissed. They are all pissed! My plan, my beautiful plan...  ;(

ao7oITg.jpgOh crap on a crapper!

L5amOvU.jpgCrap, they just keep on coming!

UwQPdqb.jpgCrap, there's like gazillion of them!

EzYy6gi.jpgCra... No wait... This is art not crap. 

In the end all Powder Gangers were killed, Myers went to Primm, and everything not bolted down was stolen. I mean not stolen. I had only one rule for this playthrough and I didn't break it, technically. Since taking their stuff didn't lower my karma it was more like I was saving their stuff from their evil owners and that's what we players on the side of righteousness do. Suck it Evil! 

Edited by kirottu
  • Like 1

Not stealing their stuff, just... liberating it from the evil bastards!  lol  Crazy alien cat bastard!

Obsidian Plays

That's another thing being changed with a later patch. At first you were able to do the Goodsprings questline against the Powder Gangers and *still* be able to enter the prison and do stuff for them if you avoid killing more gangers on the way there. Now if you want to do the prison related quests, you'll either have to do the Goodsprings stuff in favour for the powder gangers or skip it until after the prison. It's impossible to sneak past all the guards, so you will be attacked at some point.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."