The current idles just need the stance altered so characters hold their weapons and shields up, and then that idle needs to play when a unit is in recovery time, and the default idle used for idle in combat.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 5

The current idles just need the stance altered so characters hold their weapons and shields up, and then that idle needs to play when a unit is in recovery time, and the default idle used for idle in combat.

That would be great indeed!

Really, though: Character models have come a long way since the early backer beta days. Kudos, Obsidian! :)

• Like 5

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

That hood is one smexy hood, though.

Makes me even sadder that godlikes can't have helmets and such. D:

Be honest, it's not the hood; it is that mouth and thoose lips.

I didn't mean the portrait.

t50aJUd.jpg

I forgot to mention a nice touch of class.

Some interiors look different from day to nighttime...this is, dunno how to call it, the opposite of "lazy design";

i really love those details, applause to the artistic department

2ihuur8.jpg

• Like 4

I tried to find some .gif with a combat idle animations for two handed swords and dual wielding scimitars but to no avail.

Does someone know a link or something?

After my realization that White March has the same XP reward problem, I don't even have the drive to launch game anymore because I hated so much reaching Twin Elms with a level cap in vanilla PoE that I don't wish to relive that experience.

Good points. I mostly agree.

One thing that I do not agree, however, is the night colors. Since I've been raised in a village, I can tell you - night are very bright. When it's not cloudy, stars and moon give so much light you can easily see in the dark.

It gets very, very dark when you have some sort of a light source with you or around you. Outside of the light area, everything looks very dark.

As such, you can notice on the screenshots that town gets darker (since there are artificial light sources), while abandoned/wild areas are fairly bright. I find this quite realistic.

• Like 1

There is a huge difference between "at night you can see in the dark" and "at night everything is bright like a soccer field under 50.000 W artificial lights" tho.

A full moon can give some vision, i agree with you, but nothing who can be compared to daytime.

In a game like this, expecially with an only aestethic day\night cycle, the difference between daytime and nighttime must be emphasised a lot to give the best experience in terms of atmosphere.

Example: I've just cleared an area on daytime. I start a new game and i do the same area as before, but this time it's at nighttime.

Even if it's the same map with the same encounters, the darkness and the "heavy" night atmosphere can offer to me a totally different experience.

Edited by Mazisky

I've always felt that the level up background painting was really rough compared to the rest of the art. Perhaps it might be better to use the much better looking character creation background when levelling up? Or at the least clean up the forest painting? Some of the brush strokes on there are pretty ugly.

I forgot to mention a nice touch of class.

Some interiors look different from day to nighttime...this is, dunno how to call it, the opposite of "lazy design";

i really love those details, applause to the artistic department

2ihuur8.jpg

that red text is one of the legibility issues i was referring to previously or elsewhere that need addressed, but otherwise hi5!

• Like 1

I've always felt that the level up background painting was really rough compared to the rest of the art. Perhaps it might be better to use the much better looking character creation background when levelling up? Or at the least clean up the forest painting? Some of the brush strokes on there are pretty ugly.

I hoped that this background would change depending on type of terrain/world map area/location.

Dungeon, forest ,plain, coastal, mountain  etc. backgrounds

But I quickly abandoned such thoughts when everybody cried ouy how this project has no time (and money) for things of such finesse.

At least tweak the idle combat animations and introduce desynchronized movement! :)

Edited by Grotesque

After my realization that White March has the same XP reward problem, I don't even have the drive to launch game anymore because I hated so much reaching Twin Elms with a level cap in vanilla PoE that I don't wish to relive that experience.

Also the ground spell markers I think will be changed/improved.

Now aoe markers look like they're made in MS Paint in 10 seconds