Seems like Josh Sawyer is doing some class tweaking lately...

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/575389685964488705

"wildstrike proc has been increased from 10% to 30%. greater wildstrike form 10% to 15%..."

Maybe when the next BB hits, we can get a patch list of all the buffs/nerfs to the classes? Be kinda nice IMO. Hopefully some much needed buffs have occurred (plz no nerfs)!

It'll be interesting to see what he does with the Ranger. 

Edited by TrueMenace

Calibrating...

ALso this:

You can build a very effective gish, especially at higher levels.  We are still doing a few low-level tweaks to make it more viable for n00b wizards.

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy
  • Like 1

ALso this:

You can build a very effective gish, especially at higher levels. We are still doing a few low-level tweaks to make it more viable for n00b wizards.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3593502&pagenumber=373&perpage=40#post442563993

Can't access those forums, what is this in reference to specifically?

Calibrating...

ALso this:

You can build a very effective gish, especially at higher levels. We are still doing a few low-level tweaks to make it more viable for n00b wizards.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3593502&pagenumber=373&perpage=40#post442563993

Can't access those forums, what is this in reference to specifically?

Yeah, that's Josh Sawyer saying that he's buffing melee wizards a bit at low levels, which is a problem people in the Backer Beta have discussed a little bit.

i had to look up "gish" too. http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/gish

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

I'm still doubtful Wizards will have value as a gish while they still have to spend spells/rest during combat to do so.

I could more easily see Druid shifting being a decent backup melee/spell saver vs. smaller encounters because it doesn't cost them anything and takes only one action.

This IMO is a bigger deal than Wildstrike which I still probably won't take -

Josh Sawyer @jesawyer 2h2 hours ago

@spursadam shapeshifts have better armor (with no recovery penalty) and the base damage is better than all weapons (but dual-wielded)

Sounds like druids could be a good early-game melee, which is nice while you've only got a small number of level 1 spells, then grow into a more caster role.

I still really wish spells/encounter would kick in earlier(if they even have them anymore?) and/or be gained from talents. At level 8 in the beta you still don't even get a single per encounter 1st level spell.

Edited by Odd Hermit

I'd also like to see the Priest Deities all have at least one ranged weapon as a favored weapon. Right now Magran seems the no brainer choice for +10 accuracy w/Arquebus.

I know I won't be using my Priest in melee, 'cause you really don't want your healbot in range of all the stuff aimed at your melee, even if they weren't so squishy it'd be a questionable decision.

Edited by Odd Hermit

I have used every class except the BB wizard in some melee situations and everyone except the BB fighter in some ranged duties and now apparently the melee wizard is going to join the possible cast of characters after all. Hope we get to fool with them before release.

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

wizard is completely fine as he's now, just requires some manual control

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

Seems to me that the main issue is having the base health/deflection templates tied to the classes rather than the attributes...

Having the stats based purely on attributes would create more versatility in the character creation.
The attribute point pool at character creation should be the sole balancing factor here imo.

In my view attributes should translate into stats, and class into talent pool. That way I can shape my character into whatever role I want it to fill, regardless of class.

Edited by Striped_Wolf

I'd also like to see the Priest Deities all have at least one ranged weapon as a favored weapon. Right now Magran seems the no brainer choice for +10 accuracy w/Arquebus.

I know I won't be using my Priest in melee, 'cause you really don't want your healbot in range of all the stuff aimed at your melee, even if they weren't so squishy it'd be a questionable decision.

You dont know what you are missing. Skaen Priest is great fun. Plus being in melee range has its perks.

I know what you mean, but letting priests into melee does seem a bit more viable in PoE than in many games. Between critical existence failure and most priest buffs and heals being AoE abilities there seems to be a bit more incentive for letting the damage spread around than in many rpgs, especially if you're not running many tanky characters. A lot of the best stuff is relatively short range anyway.

Edited by Whipstitch

You dont know what you are missing. Skaen Priest is great fun. Plus being in melee range has its perks.

I know what you mean, but letting priests into melee does seem a bit more viable in PoE than in many games. Between critical existence failure and most priest buffs and heals being AoE abilities there seems to be a bit more incentive for letting the damage spread around than in many rpgs, especially if you're not running many tanky characters. A lot of the best stuff is relatively short range anyway.

Priest has some decent close range spells, but that doesn't mean I'm actually going to engage a target in melee or try to use my priest like a flanking rogue. I get in, burn something or throw down a seal, and get back out.

I don't think I'm missing out on anything. I have tried to make melee priest and it just wasn't very good. OTOH taking Interdiction talents and Scion of Flame and throwing debuffs and damage spells is a much better use of a priest's time than making a weak attempt at being a battle cleric.

I don't think I'm missing out on anything.

Sure you are: better auto attack damage. Whether you're close or far away matters very little if you're not being targeted in the first place, which is pretty easy to accomplish in PoE. It's not a big enough difference that I'd bother changing tactics much if you prefer to let things practically run on autopilot, but compared to games where priests practically explode on contact it's doable.

Edited by Whipstitch

I don't think I'm missing out on anything.

Sure you are: better auto attack damage. Whether you're close or far away matters very little if you're not being targeted in the first place, which is pretty easy to accomplish in PoE. It's not a big enough difference that I'd bother changing tactics much if you prefer to let things practically run on autopilot, but compared to games where priests practically explode on contact it's doable.

I don't have the spare talents to make priest melee autoattack worth it. Most small fights don't last long enough to worry about it either + priest can toss an interdiction and crossbow stuff and contribute well enough, while in tougher fights my priest is busy casting.

I feel you. TBH, I sorta wish that Cautious Attack wasn't in the game and that several classes just straight up had higher deflection to begin with. That'd push more builds towards the middle of the defensive spectrum, but with how few talents people receive I suspect it'd be a healthy move overall.