Language (Subtitles) in Polish Version

Hello,

I intend to buy the Polish retail (i.e. not the Steam) version of the game, but I'm somewhat concerned as my Polish isn't that good... various Polish gaming sites state that the game comes in Polish and English only. Some sites are more precise on this matter and state that the dubbing is English only, but that there are also subtitles (and menus) in Polish.

What bothers me now is the question if this means that the Polish retail version of the game features Polish subtitles (and menus) only(!) or if one can choose to have them in English (and maybe even other languages), too? The information given on the aforementioned sites is somewhat ambiguous on this. 

Recently I bought a Polish retail version of "Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punshments" for which the same information was given before release and which ultimately came with English dubbing, but also with Polish menus only, which made it unplayable for me... :-(

Are you sure the Polish retail is non-Steam? It was my understanding that all retail boxes were Steam versions. The only non-Steam boxes go to the Backers who pledged for a boxed copy. For other Non-Steam copies, there's GOG, but no box. 

But haven't paid any attention to the Polish market, so I could be wrong. In the Backer Beta, you can select from all the supported languages in the options menu.I'm not sure why they'd rip out the other langue files in Poland, but perhaps if it really is a non-Steam version, perhaps it's done to avoid that version being imported by other countries?

If you buy Polish game (digital or physical, ie. Edycja Awanturnika/Adventurer's Edition) it always uses Steam, Cenega (a publisher in Poland) confirmed it. There is no DRM free (until you buy it from GOG.com or are a backer with Obsidian copy). I have some other Cenega games (Risen trilogy, TES series) and they are both English/Polish/Czech version, so you should be able to see English subtitles. Cenega is known in Poland from giving choice to play game in English/Polish at least.

Edited by White Phoenix

If you buy Polish game (digital or physical, ie. Edycja Awanturnika/Adventurer's Edition) it always uses Steam, Cenega (a publisher in Poland) confirmed it. There is no DRM free (until you buy it from GOG.com or are a backer with Obsidian copy). I have some other Cenega games (Risen trilogy, TES series) and they are both English/Polish/Czech version, so you should be able to see English subtitles. Cenega is known in Poland from giving choice to play game in English/Polish at least.

Thank you, I'll write to Cenega to be sure about this. :-)

@ Ark Evensong:

Sorry, I meant to stress that I want to buy a retail version pressed on a disc and not a digitally distributed (e.g. by Steam, GOG) version of the game, didn't mean to imply that it comes without steam. :-)