And now a sneek peek at the Making of PoE Documentary

Is the 2nd part of the documentary the whole thing? I was expecting something that was a lot longer, almost a feature length thing, like maybe an hour? Can someone let us know if the thing we saw is a teaser? Next week is going to have so much to talk about, the streams, the release of the digital goodies, the documentary, the launch event on wed night, etc...

What we saw was only a teaser - the 'part 2' they mentioned will also only be a teaser - Not sure what the full-length is but I think around an hour.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Hi guys @ Obsidian !

I was wandering, will there be a "statistics" update showing us how many copies of the game that have been sold ?

I ask this because, after watching the documentary, I'm sure that plenty of us want to know if you will be okay for a while.

Maybe you don't want to share numbers, but just a quick post saying what's going on, etc.

Without being specific, you can tell us : "more than a Quintillion of copies of the game have been sold (Maybe more ? :)), and now we're good to go !"

We don't want you to close the doors !

Keep it up Obsidian Ent.

Since someone at Obsidian uploaded this, I hope someone else is about to announce that we can start getting our game keys!

*frothing at the mouth*

... and it took me a week of nothing but eating, gaming and sleeping to complete :p

Man, who's gonna watch the documentary about the game on the day they could play the game?

Probably me before I put my kids to bed.

Me, too. To be perfectly honest, I'm looking forward to the documentary almost as much as the game.

Yeah, I hope various other game developers and publishers watch it to.

Some developers with good ideas publishers ignored might want to give it a try.

And what can I say ... ANYTHING that gets the mainstream publishers to realize there is a potential market for something besides Tomb Raider XXVII or Great-great-grandson of WoW is a good thing.

Edited by Suhiir

Digging these quality making of documentaries.  Seen some that where just terrible.  Glad to see the bar is  being raised, and we're getting a quality product here.  I kinda think 2 Player Productions did a really nice job with Double Fine's stuff.

Well, they can't very well give you a "Making-Of-Only-Up-Until-A-Week-Before-Launch" documentary, now can they? So, it only makes sense that it isn't quite available yet.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

if mods or devs read this. Could you could put this up on GoG's Movie list to purchase seperate. I didn't buy the higher edditions because I wanted a physical copy cd with box and map ect. Anyway Id like to see the full thing released somewhere for those with standard copies who enjoyed watching that taste.

I'm hoping that what's been shared is only like a tiny snippet of the real deal. I'd like to see a solid 1-2 hr film out of this with interviews from the team, a couple time lapse video's crunching deadlines. Maybe a inside look at a difficult situation they had to overcome and adapt to, etc. I did read elsewhere they did film at least one day during the recording of the score, so that's cool. I'm very happy with how this is going so far. And last I checked as of the 8th of April, steam has sold over 296,000 unit's. Just on steam, so the game should be a big success.

I'm hoping that what's been shared is only like a tiny snippet of the real deal. I'd like to see a solid 1-2 hr film out of this with interviews from the team, a couple time lapse video's crunching deadlines. Maybe a inside look at a difficult situation they had to overcome and adapt to, etc. I did read elsewhere they did film at least one day during the recording of the score, so that's cool. I'm very happy with how this is going so far. And last I checked as of the 8th of April, steam has sold over 296,000 unit's. Just on steam, so the game should be a big success.

https://twitter.com/tonyjworld/status/585913801993773056

Here's what a 90 minute #documentary timeline looks like in #FCPX Putting the final touches on #TheRoadToEternity #…
  • Like 3

hmm, so that dude should be done with the documentary by now. Can any dev's give us a heads up of what's left to do with it? He was wrapping it up a week ago and computers render about 800X faster than they did when I went to college for editing, so I wonder what the state of the Doc is?

Edited by Falkon Swiftblade
  • Like 3

Patch 1.04 is out and no announcement of when we can expect the documentary. Hope is dwindling. I hope this the "we haven't heard back from the documentary makers so we don't have an update to give" silence and not the "the documentary makers were really a band of traveling surfers who took all the money and now are headed to Australia to ride the waves of a fifty year storm" silence. Even if it is the former, please give us a sign that the documentary hasn't shuffled off the mortal coil!

• Like 1