And now a sneek peek at the Making of PoE Documentary

Great, can't wait to see the rest of it :) Which was the cancelled game btw?

Looking very good, the start of it sure was a downer though.

Looking forward to the whole thing!

Yeah the openin felt like a horror movie, but in a fun way :lol: Edited by Gairnulf

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

cool! how long is the whole thing going to be? This would make a great movie. Also, is that bearded guy in the video around the part with the black guy Tim Cain? He looks like Tim, but I've seen Tim with the goatee and I was thinking how much he's changed. Josh's hair was uber short compared to now haha. I hope you guys film the game going gold!

Looks awesome. The beginning is quite sad and I hope PoE helps to prevent such a thing (at least in the near future). It was nice to see the black guy from the stream again. Would be nice if other people from the stream are shown as well. I'm so hyped for the game and the documentary ;D Thanks for all the awesome work you've (=obsidian) put into the project. Since the documentary will not come on a dvd, do you have any plans to make a dvd cover for people who want to burn it on a dvd? It's not something that is needed but it would be a nice thing.

@Gairnulf

I don't think they are allowed to reveal that.

Edited by Shiroco
  • Like 1

Great, can't wait to see the rest of it :) Which was the cancelled game btw?

Looking very good, the start of it sure was a downer though.

Looking forward to the whole thing!

Yeah the openin felt like a horror movie, but in a fun way :lol:
We don't know exactly. Sawyer was leading it and it was next-gen. It used the onyx engine.

I know a few other team members but thats about it.

Edited by C2B
  • Like 2

Woot!  Very cool video!

• Like 1

The study of history is a powerful antidote to contemporary arrogance. It is humbling to discover how many of our glib assumptions, which seem to us novel and plausible, have been tested before, not once but many times and in innumerable guises; and discovered to be, at great human cost, wholly false.

--Paul Johnson

Thrilling and very humbling stuff! Great. I'm glad that I get to watch this at my pledge tier. Thanks for making it so interesting and such a high-quality product from what I can tell so far. :)

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Very nice -- and I had no clue that the situation in Obsidian was quite that grim at the time of the Kickstarter.  There is a big difference between "Well, we are looking at having to layoff bunches of folks due to lack of projects in the pipeline, so why don't we give Kickstarter a shot" (which I thought was the situation) and "Well, we can do a Kickstarter or we can close up shop". :(

Very nice -- and I had no clue that the situation in Obsidian was quite that grim at the time of the Kickstarter.  There is a big difference between "Well, we are looking at having to layoff bunches of folks due to lack of projects in the pipeline, so why don't we give Kickstarter a shot" (which I thought was the situation) and "Well, we can do a Kickstarter or we can close up shop". :(

Likewise. I had heard that a game had been canceled but I had no idea that a complete shutdown was possible because of that.

That aside, I really like how the video is done so far. Nice editing and use of music to set the mood.

I think the old game was a star wars sith game, but it was yrs ago and can't remember. I used to follow that more than lately. When 38 studios also went under my passion for game studio's kind of tanked. Saw hundreds of folks let go over night, saw it happen again at zynga, and about 3 other studio's in just a matter of month's. Hopefully this will alllow obsidian to regain some control.

Quite interesting and seems to be a "good work". Its in HD and it looks realy good. I hope I will get my copy of the making of ON A DISC together with the game discs. This makes my collectors edition of PoE much more valuable than any download of the making of or any other kind of "giveaway" like this god**** notepad. :-

• Like 1

Well, the kickstarter alone wouldn't have been enough (at the size)

Thankfully they got the Armored Warfare contract soon after.

A huge kudos to Adam and Josh (and others) for thinking big in those desperate times!

I mean, it's almost crazy if you think about it:

"We're drowning here."

*Ponder, ponder, ponder for weeks, then meeting*

"How about making an IE-style CRPG, just as big and complex?"

"But we don't have any licenses for that?"

Josh: "No worries. I'll invent an RPG from scratch. It'll take a while, but I'll do it. Trust me."

*Feargus thinks this over for at least fifteen seconds*

"Of course you will, Josh. Go ahead, anything to be able to make those games we love again."

Adam: "Told ya!" *to Josh*

• Like 3

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Awesome video! U guys are cool even if the UI you come up with isn't!

Edited by mrmonocle
  • Like 1

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

Quite interesting and seems to be a "good work". Its in HD and it looks realy good. I hope I will get my copy of the making of ON A DISC together with the game discs. This makes my collectors edition of PoE much more valuable than any download of the making of or any other kind of "giveaway" like this god**** notepad. :-

Did they not already say physical copies of the documentary won't be made? I'd say it's highly unlikely that decision will be reversed.

Edited by Flow