What you did today

Blarghagh

You guys should investigate alternate nomenclature. "Trimmed" for example, has a more palatable connotation. 

Even so, whilst we are of the hairs, was wondering if other gentlemen engage convenient, effective removal around the ears, by way of wax, for a friend, or so he tells me, in confidence.  

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

You guys should investigate alternate nomenclature. "Trimmed" for example, has a more palatable connotation. 

Even so, whilst we are of the hairs, was wondering if other gentlemen engage convenient, effective removal around the ears, by way of wax, for a friend, or so he tells me, in confidence.  

I'm not a hairy person but I do sometimes shave hair around my ears, I have also in the past had hair removed from my private parts, it really works but I can do that shaving myself

Here is the  thing, most men generally prefer a women that is clean shaven. So why wouldn't you think women would prefer that themselves from a man?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Fell on my walk yesterday and tore a hole in my back pocket and ripped the leather in my wallet.  I was little worried about brain damage, having landed on my butt, but no concussion or anything.  A little sore and I didn't lift weights yesterday.

• Like 3

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'm not a hairy person but I do sometimes shave hair around my ears, I have also in the past had hair removed from my private parts, it really works but I can do that shaving myself

Here is the  thing, most men generally prefer a women that is clean shaven. So why wouldn't you think women would prefer that themselves from a man?

Societal conventions, probably, BigVC.  I wouldn't mind shaving my chest, and I've got a lot of chest hair.  Sadly, it's the opposite for me.  I think it looks silly when my chest is shaved.  It would make it easier to see how my muscles are developing without the damned hair, though.  Of course, being too preoccupied with your own body is probably not necessarily healthy either.  <.<

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I mainly shave because of body odor, my nose is my strongest sense and hate smells of any kind, almost to a point of paranoia. Since body hair traps the small and increase its distribution into the air via super high surface area it needs to go. 

Fell on my walk yesterday and tore a hole in my back pocket and ripped the leather in my wallet.  I was little worried about brain damage, having landed on my butt, but no concussion or anything.  A little sore and I didn't lift weights yesterday.

A friend of mine slipped, fell and broke his butt on a hike. Seems like breaking your tail bone is an extremely painful injury, she could not sit or walk properly for several weeks. Be glad yours is fine. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

It's been an amazing 48 hours. I received a call from the man I interviewed with at the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation a few weeks ago. I never expected to hear from them again because, to be honest, I didn't think I was remotely qualified for what they needed. They called me Monday evening to ask if I'd be interested in a second meeting. I met with them yesterday and today they made an offer. Which I gratefully accepted. It's not a lot of money, to be sure. But it is a radical departure from anything I've ever done. I'm really looking forward to the new challenge. I guess it never hurts to think outside the box where your career is concerned.  

• Like 6

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

It's been an amazing 48 hours. I received a call from the man I interviewed with at the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation a few weeks ago. I never expected to hear from them again because, to be honest, I didn't think I was remotely qualified for what they needed. They called me Monday evening to ask if I'd be interested in a second meeting. I met with them yesterday and today they made an offer. Which I gratefully accepted. It's not a lot of money, to be sure. But it is a radical departure from anything I've ever done. I'm really looking forward to the new challenge. I guess it never hurts to think outside the box where your career is concerned.  

so, you are gonna be a guy who gets paid to be a tree-hugger?  somehow that don't seem to exact mesh with our impression o' gd.  

recommended reading to prepare for your job:

LORAX1.jpg

we kid... sorta. 

genuine wishing you good luck, and if this don't work out, perhaps you can do pr for obamacare.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Thank you Sir! Two weeks ago I had no idea what a Soil, Water, and Resource Engineer even did. In two more weeks I'll be seeing first hand.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

*waves*

...been suffering from a rash of migraines. Have always had one or three of them a year (most years) since I was a teen, but don't know why I'm getting so many all of a sudden. I've been pretty much staying off the computer or doing anything else that basically boils down to staring into a rectangular shaped lightbulb for hours at a time. :p

...taking the usual pain meds, seen a doc, etc. Could be early menopausal hormone changes are making things go crazy or something. At the moment just hoping they'll stop/reduce back to the old pattern again. Not much else I can do really. On the better days I do some light spring gardening and exercise. Mostly I listen to music and pet my cat.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ironically, considering some of the exchanges I read above about this subject, I think I've heard that dropping LSD helps with migraines. I don't know if that's true and I'm certainly not advocating breaking the law. Sorry about the migraines, Red.

Obsidian Plays

ever tried maxalt?  we get the migraines with aura that include aphasia and few other other symptoms that is near identical to stroke symptoms... which is gonna no doubt become more o' a concern for us in a few years.  we typical have a migraine every 90 days... were always within a three-day range for over a decade.  as we aged, the migraines became more erratic, but not necessarily more severe... seems like we have fewer in recent years. even so, if we don't get maxalt in time, or the maxalt don't work, we spend 2-3 in a dark room (get extreme light sensitivity) wishing that somebody would shoot us and put us out of our misery. am not kidding.  in any event, maxalt has worked for us.  it don't prevent migraines, but if we take at onset, it has a good chance o' reducing impact o' the migraine.  

there is likely newer/better meds, but we started maxalt about a decade ago and it worked for us, so no reason to change, eh?

HA! Good Fun!

ps the first time we suffered from aphasia, it scared us something fierce.  couldn't talk other than gibberish, so we thought to try and write but that turned out even worse. was in high school at the time we first suffered from such a migraine.  we were talking with a vice-principal, trying to convince him that we were feeling unwell and wanted to go home, when we sudden started with the aphasia.   poor guy were likely more terrified than Gromnir.

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Speaking from teenage-phase experience, I think LSD as a cure would likely be worse than the problem itself. :lol:

Edit: no, haven't tried that one yet, Grom. If they continue to be this frequent I'll ask the doc about it, thanks. I get halo's/light sensitivity, nausea, occasional vomiting, and the pulse-pounding, curl on the floor worsening with any physical exertion (one prays one doesn't have to go to the bathroom during one...). It's tolerable when it's a couple times a year, but this month has been horrid. My brain is fried. I can also get pseudo ones from allergies occasionally - which I initially thought the first one this month was - but they're usually not quite as severe.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Thank you Sir! Two weeks ago I had no idea what a Soil, Water, and Resource Engineer even did. In two more weeks I'll be seeing first hand.

Sounds like somebody that my dad would have had to deal with during groundwater cleanup.

Got a call from Hertz about a new job. Either as Manager in Training (where I am) or as a Counter monkey at their airport location.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

My migranes have gone away with age. I used to have them pretty bad. As in throwing up from a headace. Basically a really bad hangover with none of the fun of imbibing alchohol. Related to the optic nerves and my astigmatism which apparently improves with age when everything else whithers, imagine that. 

For recreational drugs, don't overdo it, as my dad used to say realising that scare tactics weren't going to work. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

as an aside, we carry not only our maxalt with us at all times, but also a laminated card that explains to those unfortunate bystanders who understandably want to call 911 when Gromnir has a migraine with aura that Gromnir is not dying, having a stroke or insane.  the aphasia freaks folks out something fierce, and they is mighty relieved when they read our card.  

had a migraine on a plane once and realized our wallet were in our bag in overhead storage.  our migraine info card were in the wallet. we were too weak to retrieve the card.  am lucky there happened to be a doctor on the plane who actual were familiar with our kinda migraines.  she asked us if we had migraines with aura and aphasia as a symptom (we nodded affirmative... thankful that we were able to understand language at that point) and so no emergency landing were called for.  emergency landing for a migraine? would we have been embarrassed or what? 

is now our practice to inform airlines o' our little migraine issue in advance. 

HA! Good Fun!

as an aside, we carry not only our maxalt with us at all times, but also a laminated card that explains to those unfortunate bystanders who understandably want to call 911 when Gromnir has a migraine with aura that Gromnir is not dying, having a stroke or insane.

Okay... I can believe you're not dying or having a stroke.

HA! Good Fun!

Obsidian Plays

So I finished the first workday again after a 2 weeks vacation and for the first time in months I dream again... And the dream is a mix of The Walking Dead (watched latest episode yesterday), Battlestar Galactica (finished the show for the second time the day before yesterday) and a woman I haven't seen since 8 years now.

I don't know what is wrong with me.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

. Mostly I listen to music and pet my cat.

Best therapy I can think of.

Thomas Sowell

I'm going to Stockholm for 4 days. I really need this time off. I've been working with a cold the past week . You are always sent home if you go to my workplace with a cold, but no one was able or willing to handle the things I had on my plate. I even told them one day that I'm sick and would stay home, but they called the day after and called me in. I went to my boss and told her that I would take Thursday and Friday off, and if she didn't like it, I would take them without pay, and that is where we are now. 

Money is important for paying your bills, but my sanity and health are more important. It will hopefully be a nice change.

Going to go and have my scalp shaved, then I am going to make myself somewhat presentable and I will be off in 5 hours.

• Like 1

I'm going to Stockholm for 4 days. I really need this time off. I've been working with a cold the past week . You are always sent home if you go to my workplace with a cold, but no one was able or willing to handle the things I had on my plate. I even told them one day that I'm sick and would stay home, but they called the day after and called me in. I went to my boss and told her that I would take Thursday and Friday off, and if she didn't like it, I would take them without pay, and that is where we are now. 

Money is important for paying your bills, but my sanity and health are more important. It will hopefully be a nice change.

Going to go and have my scalp shaved, then I am going to make myself somewhat presentable and I will be off in 5 hours.

That would be a major issue for me if my work treated me like that, if you are sick then you entitled to sick leave 

What I would do is go to a doctor and just get a proper sick note to give you time off work officially ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

That would be a major issue for me if my work treated me like that, if you are sick then you entitled to sick leave 

What I would do is go to a doctor and just get a proper sick note to give you time off work officially ?

Usually, there's no hassle with me calling in sick. The thing now is that there is a situation at work and I am working with more than one boss to fix it. The issue isn't about me, but I am part of the team and stalling hasn't been an option. I know this and I was okay with it for a long time, but it's been too much lately. I don't even think I have the competence for what I am doing. (And by that, I mean that I am 684739578% sure I don't have the competence.) I'm filing reports on my free time and filling in papers that have to do with neuroscience and psychology. It's an important thing to do, but they just take it for granted that you will do it. Lots of other people would have refused to work this way, but maybe I'm just gullible or easy to use.

Anyway, hair removed from

Shoulders? Check

Armpits? Check

Face? Check

Scalp? Check

I lean like a baby's buttock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB2svzX7bwg

• Like 2