What you did today

Blarghagh

no love for the smurfs?  well, they is copyright protected, so perhaps that explains their absence from gd's thanks.  regardless, am glad the story had a happy ending. so few tales do.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Now that sucks.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Yeah but I think he'd want it on his own terms.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

On the other hand, your boss is apparently a rat bastard, so I think this might be the impetus to go on to bigger and better things.  I mean, if you can't trust your boss or deal with him in good faith, you're spending all your time looking over your shoulder.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Yeah but I think he'd want it on his own terms.

perhaps, but at least this way he might be able to collect unemployment benefits while he is looking for a new job. no wife or kids and still young?  no major investment o' time in the company/firm/whatever, right?  

even so, we would take hurl's advice and substitute teach before investing any time or money pursuing a teacher credential. we has more than a couple acquaintances who regret nothing in their lives as much as their decision to become a teacher.   not kidding.  is clear not a job for everybody.  lord knows that Gromnir would have 0 chance o' successfully teaching high school or middle school kids.  little kids?  perhaps.  little kids like Gromnir, but little kids is also psychotic... literally.  their brains hasn't matured enough to distinguish right and wrong as adults are able to do, and that should scare the p00p outta any aspiring teacher o' wee bairns.  one or two kids? sure, Gromnir is exceeding patient and have mentored folks many times.  find us a class o' three or less and we is your man. coaching a team? been there and done that, but kids on the team is volunteers rather than conscripts with ADD, bi-polar, autism, and near guaranteed pre-teen/teen "problems."  

take hurl's advice.  there, we said it twice.  am as embarrassed as anybody 'bout it.  we kid.

regardless, good luck.

HA! Good Fun!

ps we actual does have teaching experience, but we were teaching University students.  is entire different.  am not arrogant enough to think our teaching experience would translate seamlessly from the 20 somethings paying tens o' thousands o' dollars for their edjumikayshun that we has dealt with in the past, to angry little hormone factories who can't let go o' their iphone for more than 5 minutes without suffering withdrawal symptoms.

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I attempted to flirt with a German girl for the first time in forever because I figured since I live here/am German I should probably....yknow, give it a try? I've stuck safely to Russians, Turks and other foreigners since moving here because I don't quite see eye to eye with German culture and the deep German voices are a turn-off.

So we're just talking and the subject comes to different cultures and which ones we get along with. I ask her which culture she likes, she says German. I ask her why.

"Because we're such a productive people!"

FML, why. How is this interesting? I don't get it. "YA WE WORK HARD AND HATE ACTUALLY TALKING TO EACH OTHER, WOOOO!!" Yeah good for you Germany, have fun with that.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Hey, it takes deep conversation to keep the trains moving on time.  :huge grin:  I've actually liked all the Germans I've met in real life, although a couple of them were the most brusque and blunt people I know.  About ten years ago I was in the Jacuzzi with a friend and his mom comes out to join us, German born and bred.  She was a dear friend, mind you.  She looks over at me and says, "You're fat!  I remember when you were hot.  You're fat now!"  Thanks, Mutti!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

"Because we're such a productive people!"

She does have a point, you know? original.gif

Bruce once asked me to do a comparison between the people and countries I've lived in. I think I've lived here long enough to add Germany to the list. Not in any way a comprehensive analysis, but one thing that struck me as a difference between Australians and Germans is, Germans are a *lot* more passionate people. In Autralia you've got two groups of people. The vast majority living in the 5 cities and the remaining few percentages living in the rest of the country. The city dwellers are sort of reserved and guarded, not sure why. Maybe the mix of people from very different cultures from Asia and Europe just causes it? The few people living in the country side are nice enough, but probably don't mingle much with other people. In Germany on the other hand, people seems a lot more "extrovert" and they appear a lot more passionate about more than just the beer drinking (one of the few things Aussies also seemed enthusiastic about). Whether it being in sport, art, politics, they just seem to actually care about what they do.

The Kiwis are still my favourite people though. Nice, gentle and completely laid back (not sure about Auckland, but that was my impression from the rest of the country). I would trust a Maori any time of day to hold my wallet for me. Proud and honest (and very friendly) people.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Don't suppose anyone knows of a job I could have?

Got any experience building fences on rocky, heavily wooded terrain? If so I got some temp work. But I pay in whiskey though.

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Went to work four hours early. It took an hour. Went home, browsed the net and played Space Hulk. Then I had homemade kebab with homebaked bread. Two different types of dressing and vegetables.

I'm now at work.

Today a neighbor told me that a friend of him is one of those ''doomsday preppers''. He has a whole depot filled with fresh water, dried food and other essential supplies, and I now know the exact location, which is only a 5 minutes drive away.

You don't tell anybody about your doomsday supplies storage location, once its no secret anymore those supplies are basically worthless.  What a fool.  :devil:  

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

"Never let another man touch your doomsday stash." - words to live (the apocalypse) by.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Hah, I just noticed Cant is back to mod status. Poor SOB.

Oh gods. First, Cant is back. Then he's a mod. Next, we'll have to deal with his alts.

Weeeeee!!!!!

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

if amentep became a mod once more, then we might consider it an impending sign o' the apocalypse.  if oby became a mod, we would assume we were having some kinda e. coli induced fever dream. however, with poe about to be released, we kinda expected one or two more mods.  choosing old mods (can use "old" however you wish) makes more sense than new mods.

HA! Good Fun!