Journalism and bias in the gaming industry.

Rosbjerg

Plenty of women are like that. As for video being fake, it happens. But, yeah, absolutely fake. L0L Just like there are men who are gold diggers. Your point? Oh, I forgot.   Women are perfect and they can't be criticized. What's funny it shows how little you think of women cause you see them as weak and pathetic. Me, on the other hand,s ee women as string independent adult human beings who can handle life including criticism. So why do you see women as pathetic children, huh?

My point is I find it difficult to buy the "GamerGate is about misogyny" mantra when I can find better examples of actual misogyny when clicking random vids in my recommended list. Reason I bothered showing it is cause as I said, apparently "Gold digger prank" is a thing, not just one video.

I also don't see the women as children, I see the men who buy this **** as children. Not fond of the video or it's little corner of youtube because it feeds off dudes who just got denied by a girl with the result being the dude can kiss his romantic career goodbye while women get offended and everyone loses. Don't get me wrong, the dudes have every right to make that prank vid, I just find the comments on it concerning.

Another absolutely blatant case of misogyny? Look up Tommy Sotomayor on Youtube. Black guy who thinks black women are the devil and every vid he ever made involves calling them garbage. I researched him once because I could tell something was off, turns out he knocked up a woman and has to pay child support, and apparently he's to childish to live with that, the result being the bitter man he is who rants about an entire gender of an entire race.

And again such examples remain unchallenged while we discuss the ever meaningful topics such as if the heels on Samus' boots imply the entire gaming community is deeply sexist. Ya ok sure, I'll buy that...

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I'd like that post 100x if I could. :)

Just use your sockpuppets.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

My point is I find it difficult to buy the "GamerGate is about misogyny" mantra when I can find better examples of actual misogyny

Would you like me to find better examples of actual "unethical journalism".

The "SJWs" don't exactly have a monopoly on fighting trivial issues.

Huh? Only nazis and satanists have suckpuppies.

It was a joke mate.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

My point is I find it difficult to buy the "GamerGate is about misogyny" mantra when I can find better examples of actual misogyny

Would you like me to find better examples of actual "unethical journalism".

The "SJWs" don't exactly have a monopoly on fighting trivial issues.

Please do.

As I've said before, I'm not behind GamerGate because I find corrupt games journalism the pinnacle of importance. I'm behind it because it shows a resilience that you don't often see from these kinds of movements; Wikileaks and Occupy Wall Street are far more important in scope and yet they're (mostly) memories now. Wikileaks released some interesting tidbits just recently, yet it's not something that comes up in the mainstream news or something that gets talked about, I guess because people feel like they won't actually get anything done? Something about GamerGate (maybe the fact it's opposition includes pathological liars, alcoholics and people that can't control their emotions or seem mentally unstable, so not exactly tough opposition. Not referring to random people opposed to GG btw, referring to journalists and other notable names) is resilient. I just hope that once Kotaku and Polygon are dying off, it continues on to ABC, BBC and MSNBC.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Josh, please tell those imbecilles that they should, in more diplomatic way, to eat **** and die. Alternatively, release a mod that removes any reference of any "-ism" and gender from the game all together. Call it the "sensitive-mod" or something.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Poe is selling well and has become popular, thus the SJF's latching on to it, I rather expected this and don't believe that Obsidian will crumble in the face of such idiocy as they have produced far more supposedly "problematic" content.

Thought this TB video was rather appropriate, fast forward to 3:30 for the relevant issues being discussed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUfVlBCQyTM

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

The puritans are now going after Obsidian

https://twitter.com/icequeenerika/status/582161950202863616

The only appropriate response:

nxkih3.jpg.gif

At best this "pressure" they're trying to put on Obsidian will get PoE some free advertising, at worst (and most likely) it will do nothing at all.  Remember, these are largely the same people that have been trying to take Total Biscuit down for the last however many months.  Q: How has that worked out? A: He's more popular than ever.

Edit: As an aside, that's got to be a sad way to live; constantly going out of your way to look for things to get upset and outraged about (often on someone else's behalf).  That can't be healthy for your psyche.  I'd almost feel sorry for these people if they weren't such ***holes.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Oh please no, don't start censoring your games Obsidian. Just don't. Please.

There's nothing progressive about censorship.

Was curious to see what the reaction to this would be here.

If you believe the contributors should have had carte blanche to write whatever they want with no oversight from Obsidian, then that's fine.  It's a position we disagree on.  I suspect they didn't let people write anything they wanted and that the submissions were vetted, so I'd need to know what Obsidian did in those cases, because I suspect it was probably a mistake.

I'm not seeing the censorship issue since it's not relevant to the content of the game.  If it's unfair because of the kickstarter contribution, then they could let the person submit something else in its place.

This isn't like depictions of rape in FONV (which I feel Obsidian did well and disagree with the critique levied against FONV for those reasons) which is part of the narrative that Obsidian wishes to create, created specifically by Obsidian.

It's also possible they didn't realize it was a mistake until pointed out, and of their own free will agree that it's not something they want.  Similar to when I used "gay" as slang for "stupid" until I had a few people point out to me that they really didn't like that.  Rather than continue be an ****, I opted to stop using the term.  (The same thing happened on this forum when I ignorantly used the term "Jap" actually).

And yes, the game is successful so it's going to get a wider range of perspectives on something like this. I also think Obsidian's track record is pretty decent for this sort of stuff, even if not every feminist perspective would agree.

(The game is aces and I'm off to return to playing it now)

• Like 1

What gets classed as hateful is so very odd these days.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Quite a few of the gravestones are just bad, so I don't really think it is a big deal if Obsidian decides to change them, however the little story is hardly an example of trans misogyny (that word is ridiculous, and it hurt me to type it.)  It's more of a sad tale of a philanderer whose lack of self confidence led him on misguided conquests, and ended in a tragic suicide.  But really, it's best not to read too much into the silly gravemarkers.  :p

• Like 1