Marvel pulls out of SDCC

Bryy

Reasoning makes sense. If they can hold their own event without having to fight through the noise, it makes sense.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

After seeing some great cosplay photos (KITT!) and a decent creator's alley at last month's Long Beach Comic Expo--not to be confused with Long Beach Comic Con in September--I'm going to pull out of SDCC, too, and hit up the LBC. San Diego is reserved for people who know industry people who get tickets without having to literally win a lottery.  

All Stop. On Screen.

I feel like anymore, SDCC is more of a press event than a convention for fans. It's a place to show off your newest product, but the intimacy of what it used to be is gone in the wake of the noise of the press.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I think the year I went must have been one of the last good ones. I had no problem getting tickets, weeks after they went on sale, and there was a booth to buy tickets for the next year too.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Yeah. I went like 8 years ago. Got a 4 day pass for 50 bucks in like early march. Was a bitch finding a hotel, but tickets were no problem. I think its like 170 for 4 days now. I remember they sold out of 4 day passes like 2 weeks after I bought mine, and Friday and Saturday were sold out by late april. Sunday sold out like 2 weeks before the con.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

No loss tbh. SDCC has become more of a press event than a fan convention.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Its a shame. I had a blast when I went. The dealer area was huge and there was some really good deals. Got the first 5 trades of Y: The Last Man for 20 bucks, and got tons of stuff signed by Warren Ellis. That man is hilarious.

Oh well, Vancouver has its own con now so I save on hotel and travel. A fraction of the size but still fun.

Devastatorsig.jpg