Monks and weapons

I bg 1-2 you can use a weapon early as a monk with some benefit, but later in the game they became useless for the monk, atleast not as good as his fists.

I really like the idea of fighting with a staff as a monk, but in this game investing in weapon types is costly. 

do you think this could be a viable option, or would it just be a waste of the monks abilitys like i was in the EI games?

Another option could be to make staff fighter, with mobility/damage skills etc?. 

Actually currently monk fists aren't very good, after a while you'll be better off using enchanted weapons, because you can't enchant your fists. I'd prefer fists to be more viable throughout the game though, personally.

• Like 1

Actually currently monk fists aren't very good, after a while you'll be better off using enchanted weapons, because you can't enchant your fists. I'd prefer fists to be more viable throughout the game though, personally.

oh.. okey, well thats kinda sad. we can hope the put in some enchanted monk gauntlets to make up for the lack of enchanted weapons.

Can you still use all of the monks abilities while using a weapon?

Yes you can. I just tried them all with a quarterstaff and they all did work.

Weren't some of them unarmed only?

<= Haven't played the Monk much

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Can you still use all of the monks abilities while using a weapon?

Yes you can. I just tried them all with a quarterstaff and they all did work.

Weren't some of them unarmed only?

<= Haven't played the Monk much

None of them are unarmed only. Melee only, yes. 

But even abilities such as Stunning Blows, work with melee weapons.

Edited by Doxy

Curious if there could be talents to support a different type of dual-wielding for Monks.

Basically, One-Handed Weapon+Unarmed.

So the animation could go:
1) ... Hit with weapon, then punch
or
2) ... Hit with weapon, then kick

Could be possible with a mod? I'm thinking like this: Insert the Unarmed Kick Animation after a One-Handed Weapon Animation occurs. Inserting the Punch Animation would look weird (because I presume the character would hit with the hilt of the blade, it'd require more tweaking with the animation, and one would have to make sure that only the off-hand not equipped with a weapon punches).