Item attributes still shown before description text?

I watched the latest stream from the game's presentation on PAX. I think that was the best presentation so far in terms of what was shown and live commentary by the devs. I'll rewatch it later and probably post more impressions, but something that struck me was that in the item description windows, the item stats were shown before that description text.

I can see the functional reasons for the stats being above, but I think if you are going to have a decorated initial, like the description text does, it simply has to be the first letter in this window, otherwise the whole window content looks weird and asymmetrical.

The indentation and colored text add further noise to the typography.

I won't bring up the "it was the same in the IE games" argument, because it's not as important as the one about the initials. Please revise this, Obsidian!

• Like 7

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

I agree with this. I didnt think much of it before now (thanks BTW :)

for functional reasons I can see how they should be on top
But To be honest Id really like to see the text first.

Imagine you just fund a magical sword. This game does not have indentify, so you just open the menu and look at the stats. Its fine and all, but Id 
actually rather have a cool background story pop op in front of my eyes when I open that menu.

I agree with this. I didnt think much of it before now (thanks BTW original.gif

for functional reasons I can see how they should be on top

But To be honest Id really like to see the text first.

Imagine you just fund a magical sword. This game does not have indentify, so you just open the menu and look at the stats. Its fine and all, but Id actually rather have a cool background story pop op in front of my eyes when I open that menu.

Someone at Obsidian is now thinking "Damn, why didn't this guy keep quiet" wink.png, j/k.

It's fun to try to gauge the kind of bugs they are rushing to fix before release, based on the small details like this, for which there doesn't seem to be time. Yet I still hope this is something that can be easily changed globally and affect all item descriptions at once.

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

I kind of like the info at the top myself - that's the most important information the description has to offer especialoly once the description has been read - the fluff is interesting but not everyone is interested in reading every one or re-reading it - they may just be checking to see what the specs of the weapon are - currently they don't have to scroll to the bottom to see that - I like this.

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...