LINK TO PAX EAST STREAM

Thanks for the videos, the game looks amazing indeed, I have zero complaints (maybe the voice of the MC was a bit annoying, but that's just me). The atmosphere is captivating and enchanting, the fights are cool and the scripted interactions add that sweet nostalgia touch.

The companions look interesting, with outstanding voiceovers; I especially enjoyed Aloth and Pallegina.
My original plan was to take only 2-3 premade companions in my party, but after this preview I'm more oriented towards 4-5 of them. They are alive, you can feel the love and the inspiration behind their creation. Too good to pass... :yes:

Edér, I am using WhatsApp!

Considering the time and effort Sensuki's put into beta-testing, I don't think he'll be able to enjoy the game anyhow anymore. You know too much mate, you can't unsee dem defaults now :(

Qu'avez-vous fait de l'honneur de la patrie ?

Thanfully the beta is only 15 areas or something, and the game has 170. I also have deliberately been skipping through the dialogue and not really focusing on the quests. I've still never completed The Blood Legacy in the beta because of the poor performance I get in the Temple of Skaen, simply cbf putting up with 20 FPS.

• Like 4

Unfortunately the player voice sets are quite underwhelming compared to the companion voice sets, and even the Infinity Engine voice sets IMO.

Is there a "no voice" option for the main character? I've always considered it immersion-breaking anyway: if I'm roleplaying myself, I don't really want to hear a strange voice, especially if it's an annoying one! :p

Edér, I am using WhatsApp!

Looking good. There's still that really yucky light wood texture being used on the save screen when you load your files which needs to be much darker cause the contrast is nil and the white font on top of it is illegible. Also, I wonder if it were possible to add some easing in and easing out when the characters run and stop and start running? Something about the running animations that feel a bit too mechanical and rigid. Also, the portrait icons next to them are so tiny and I suspect are going to be right on top of each other it would be nice if there was either a bigger tool bar, or a tad of negative space in between icon's so you know what's what.

Thanfully the beta is only 15 areas or something, and the game has 170. I also have deliberately been skipping through the dialogue and not really focusing on the quests. I've still never completed The Blood Legacy in the beta because of the poor performance I get in the Temple of Skaen, simply cbf putting up with 20 FPS.

Also beta's quests and dialogs have content cut from them and some content is modified, so going through them don't mean that you will experience areas in beta same way in final game.

I can't wait to play the release version. It looks exactly how i hoped it would look like. It's been a while but I'm hyped for a game ;D

Well said. Looks like Obsidian is delivering exactly what peopled hoped for. Can't wait to play this!

• Like 1

For me companion and player voice sets seem a lot more childish comparing to those in bg2 and iwd2. They sounded a lot more serious, it's like BG2 voice sets were lord of the rings quality, and PoE voice sets are Disney quality ;d

I think it differs from companion to companion. Hiro and Kana Rua both have rather wacky over the top voices. Eder and Pallegina are more restrained and in my opinion much cooler. Aloth is somewhere between the two groups and I like his voice too. 

For me companion and player voice sets seem a lot more childish comparing to those in bg2 and iwd2. They sounded a lot more serious, it's like BG2 voice sets were lord of the rings quality, and PoE voice sets are Disney quality ;d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuCOF-g7W9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8hZP9OwWMg#t=9m55

Edited by Quetzalcoatl
  • Like 1

Please guys. Dont compare any new game with old legends. Your memories are wrong most of time. ;)

BTW: Combat music in stream sounds awesome. Is it new one? It's like BG1.

Edited by Zierry
  • Like 1

I liked what I saw from the recent stream.  It was a good call to showcase the companions.  Also, it's interesting how the popularity of the companion's varies.  Personally, I like Eder and Aloth the most so far, but I dislike Pallengina, Kana Rua, and Hiravias.  Specifically, I dislike either the dialogue and/or the voice acting of those characters. 

Unless I missed it, I wished that they showcased the Grieving Mother.

Edited by Nixl