[435] Rogue Level 2 Backstab Talent & Level 4 Shadowing Beyond Talent need to be switched

TrueMenace

Question

At level 2 during character creation, the Rogue has access to only 1 class talent, Backstab. 

Backstab will only work when you COME OUT OF INVISIBILITY. There is only 1 invisibility-granting ability for Rogues and that is Shadowing Beyond. But guess what, it's not available until level 4. Even worse is the fact that you could completely skip over Shadowing Beyond and pick some other talent at level 4 and your Backstab talent that you were forced to pick at level 2 would still be useless!

Shadowing Beyond grants invisibility essentially and this is needed for Backstab to even work.

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but either way it needs to be changed to the following:

At level 2, the Rogue should have Shadowing Beyond available to them (replacing Backstab) as the class talent. 

At level 4, Backstab will be added in the class talent selection pool. That way, you can still use Shadowing Beyond effectively. 

I hope this makes sense.

Edited by TrueMenace
  • Like 1

Calibrating...

5 answers to this question

I can see why this was overlooked since the Backer Beta makes you level to lvl. 4. So no one really stopped at level 2 and played the game. Thank god I spotted this because it's actually gamebreaking in a sense that you are picking a talent that has ZERO value for you until you get to level 4. And as we all know, every level is precious in PoE.

Now that I think of it, I hope other classes don't have this problem!

Edited by TrueMenace

Calibrating...

Backstap gives rogues good initial strike bonus, when they attack from stealth (from close range), so it isn't useless ability in level 2, but I think ability's description should be bit more specific about its nature and usage.