ID@Xbox / Windows 10?

So I've been casually reading up on Windows 10 and how the xbox stuff will work with it. I'm quite excited at the thought of streaming xbox one games to various devices throughout my home.

anyway, I came across this article:

http://news.xbox.com/2015/03/games-idxbox-windows-10

Looking for a reason to get excited about gaming for Windows 10 PC? Well how about 17 awesome reasons? There are a slew of games from independent developers coming to Windows 10 PCs via the ID@Xbox program, which is expanding to help independent developers bring their great games to PC and other Windows 10 devices. Here’s what you’ll be able to get your hands on in the future – and this is just the tip of the iceberg!

• Pillars of Eternity (Obsidian Entertainment/Paradox Interactive): It’s a classic RPG inspired by the likes of Baldur’s Gate and Icewind Dale – and that’s pretty much all we need to hear to be excited about this one.

So what does this mean? Is PoE being released on the Windows Store as an xbox enabled title? Will it have xbox enabled achievements and leader boards? Can we redeem our kickstarter orders through Windows instead of Steam/GOG?

I've had a good look through the forums and can't find anything on this topic, but please excuse me if I've overlooked anything.

It will be available on the Microsoft store.

Have Obsidian actually said anything about this yet? The xboxer in me is quite excited to have PoE show up on my xbox profile!

It will be available on the Microsoft store.

Have Obsidian actually said anything about this yet? The xboxer in me is quite excited to have PoE show up on my xbox profile!

I haven't seen anything from the devs, but I know it was one of the games listed. It doesn't mean a console version is being made as far as I know.

I want Pillars of Eternity for Hololens :D (Windows 10)

This one as well.

Imagine booting up Pillars of Eternity on your table, floor, or mid-air in front of you. Or relax in bed and boot it up on your ceiling :D Edited by Osvir

I would guess that means that Obsidian/Paradox/Both are participate in Microsoft's ID@Xbox program and Pillars of Eternity will work on Windows 10 when it is released and all parties involved use this opportunity to market their products and services. 

I would guess that means that Obsidian/Paradox/Both are participate in Microsoft's ID@Xbox program and Pillars of Eternity will work on Windows 10 when it is released and all parties involved use this opportunity to market their products and services. 

The ID@Xbox games all have Xbox achievements, leaderboards, etc don't they?

Except Minecraft, for some reason? The one game on there that's owned by Microsoft!

Except Minecraft, for some reason? The one game on there that's owned by Microsoft!

ID@Xbox (Independent Developers @ Xbox) is program that supports indie devs to produce games to MS platforms (previously it was only for Xbox One), like giving them SDKs for Xbox One. Windows 10 has integrated Xbox app that gives game developers possibility to use Xbox Live services like achievements and MS also promises to bring cross-platform play functionality which will allow developers to make multiplayer modes where PC and Console players can play against each other and universal app platform which make it possible develop apps and games that people can access from every Windows devices (phone, tablet, pc, xbox).

ID@Xbox (Independent Developers @ Xbox) is program that supports indie devs to produce games to MS platforms (previously it was only for Xbox One), like giving them SDKs for Xbox One. Windows 10 has integrated Xbox app that gives game developers possibility to use Xbox Live services like achievements and MS also promises to bring cross-platform play functionality which will allow developers to make multiplayer modes where PC and Console players can play against each other and universal app platform which make it possible develop apps and games that people can access from every Windows devices (phone, tablet, pc, xbox).

so with the announcement, anyone know what we're getting? I can't imagine PoE is coming out on consoles, is it?

so with the announcement, anyone know what we're getting? I can't imagine PoE is coming out on consoles, is it?

Announcement was that PoE will come to Windows 10. For me it looks like two way marketing deal. Obsidian gets PoE highlighted in MS marketing for their ID@Xbox program and MS gets to show how they have lots of games in their indie program.  

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...