NFL 2015 Season

Gromnir

NqERodj.jpg

building team character a player at a time, eh? 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

doing the right thing wouldn't be particular laudable if it were acting in one's best interest.  do the right thing is noteworthy precisely 'cause it is a hard choice.  

hardy were found to be guilty.    this ain't a particular ambiguous scenario for the nfl or teams. sure, hardy appealed and then sudden the victim, a former ****tail waitress, is unreachable... skiing in vail and such.  even so, there were a criminal trial and a guilty verdict.

virtual all teams passed on hardy, and a few teams even spoke publicly that their reasons for doing so were the legal/character issues.  is rare for teams to speak openly that way on player character issues.

am disappointed in the cowboys.  given our extreme low expectations for jerry jones regarding player character issues, it takes gag reflex inducing events to actual disappoint us.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"hardy were found to be guilty.    this ain't a particular ambiguous scenario for the nfl or teams. sure, hardy appealed and then sudden the victim, a former ****tail waitress, is unreachable... skiing in vail and such.  even so, there were a criminal trial and a guilty verdict."

Hardy's perceived guilt or innocence aside.. is there really a need to link to the many cases where a person was found guulty and then later proven on appeal to be innocent? L0LZ

Quite frankly, the law  9as pathetic as it often is) has spoken. Hardy is a free man and should be allowed to work where he wants to and where the employer wants him to. Crybabies can cry in a corner while trying to bully, shame, assault, attack, and harass..

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

More contracts should be incentive based like Hardy's.  It's a "behave or else" contract.  On the subject, while his exempt status was justified I don't think Peterson's was.  A muscled martinet perhaps overzealous with the lash, he was merely disciplining his own offspring. "Spare the rod spoil the child."  His intentions were good.  Yet he gets placed on the exempt list, along with Hardy, and a prime season was taken away from his career... a hall of fame caliber career.  People act liked he killed someone, which was nearly the case with Hardy, as it was borderline attempted murder.  It's just so wrong....

I disagree. I believe more NFl contracts should be like majority of contracts everywhere. They should be hardcoded. If a team signs a player for 5 seasons they should honour it for the 5 years. PERIOD Just like the players do.

Hardy's case is slightly different since the NFL is being punkish and Hardy/Cowboys don't actually know how many games he might be even able to play since the league is likely to suspend him  even though he's been cleared legally.

\

I should note that if Hardy actually did what he was accused of he is a scumbag but bottom line the law has cleared him so he should be treated like any other citizen.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I think its weird that the NFL can basically hang players out to dry with open ended suspensions exempt lists, which was just an end around of the NFL rules: "The NFL is immediately implementing a six-game suspension for a first offense on domestic violence and a lifetime ban for a second. A second-time offender may petition for reinstatement after one year, but there is no assurance it will be granted." His crimes were misdemeanors and he was already suspended exempt for 15 games last year but I bet the NFL will try to double dip on him again this year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chargers GM looked positive after trading up for Melvin Gordon. Could be good. Maybe even an era. The stadium that Gordon built ... has a nice ring to it. 

Edit: In fact I'm so pigskin nerd charged with hope I finally nabbed Danny's jersey. Little guys rule!

0d5232b7-f3b7-49fc-8915-aafcec8246d4_zps

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

And GB picked up another safety in the first round for a second year in a row...weird. I've heard that he'll actually play as a CB - wonder how that'll work out.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Pretty boring first round, frankly.  I want more Chip Kelly hubris, dammit!

As for my Giants, I'm tentatively happy with Ereck Flowers.  Looks like a classic "planet theory" pick-- former Giants' GM George Young frequently maintained that players with super-rare size-agility combinations should be snapped up when available because there are only a few guys like that on the entire planet.  Flowers is 6'6", 330 lbs, moves well, has 2 years of starting experience with a major program, is only 21 years old, and seems to have the attitude and work ethic that the team is looking for.  When a player checks all those boxes, you don't worry too much about technique problems-- that's what you have a coaching staff for. 

hmmm.  ot is notorious hit-and-miss prospects, and am not sure how many ol have failed in the nfl simply 'cause they could never be taught how to keep their arse down or move their feet correct. ot is such an important position, but the prognostications resulting from even the most detailed and respected scouting efforts is still barely better than vegas odds. we worry about technique for a guard a bit less, and guard is frequent an option for a failed ot prospect.  am also a bit cautious when a player's stock improves significant after his playing career has ended.  

at first blush, it looks like a good pick, but ot fails is just so damned random.  

jerry jones actual gets our round one Al Davis Award for a relative head scratcher pick that seems based more on combine measurables than production.   is ok though 'cause we need an al davis. 

HA! Good Fun!

Yeah, I don't mean to say that the technique lapses on Flowers' college tape aren't something to be concerned over.  More that I have little option but to trust that the team likes what they see in his work ethic, intelligence, and other so-called "intangibles" that will help determine how well he does taking on those challenges.  (Among other things, I've never met the guy.)  And NYG has a pretty good history with high-ceiling early picks who they put a huge effort into screening pre-draft.  So, as I said, "tentatively happy." 

Edited by Enoch

The Iggles next couple seasons are going to be really interesting.  Chip Kelly is either a mad genius or he's just plain mad and this is all going to blow up in his face hardcore.  As a Cowboys fan, I'm obviously hoping for the latter.  ;)

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I wanted them to get Mariota, because with all of the ridiculous trade rumors that just kept going on and on and on for weeks prior to the draft, it really felt like SOMETHING should've happened. Oh well. :(

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.