NFL 2015 Season

Gromnir

well, the pre-draft combine already occurred, which were only interesting 'cause a borderline draftable cb had a broad-jump that were exceeding the world record.  april 30, 2015 is day one o' the draft.  aren't you all tingly with anticipation? or not.

however, we post today as we read that brandon marshal is being traded to the jets.  the mercurial wr with diagnosed bi-polar disorder and manic depression is going to the jets.  the jets? 

okie dokie

our first reaction were that the trade also signaled that cutler were likely to be cut before march 12, but 'pon reflection,  there is both football and monetary reasons that might justify the bears holding onto a lame-duck qb for an entire year. dunno.  

regardless, we now have a 2015 nfl thread... unless one already exists.  

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Packers probably losing Randall Cobb and Tramon Williams, and cut AJ Hawk as well. Sigh...

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

The Bucs are going to take Jamies Winston first over all. He scares the heck out of me. There is no doubting his skill or his football intellect. And there is no doubt he is the kind of kid who the combiation of millions of dollars and six months of unsupervised free time can get into a LOT of trouble. I'm afraid he's going to be either Ryan Leaf II or Jamarcus Russell II. Either would be a disaster. And if Mariota goes on to become Peyton Manning II I'll have to give up football.

This 1st overall pick is making me a nervous wreck! I almost wish they were picking 2nd!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hhT7j4Vhv0

Yeah Winston. He'll go no where in the NFL.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The Bucs are going to take Jamies Winston first over all. He scares the heck out of me. There is no doubting his skill or his football intellect. And there is no doubt he is the kind of kid who the combiation of millions of dollars and six months of unsupervised free time can get into a LOT of trouble. I'm afraid he's going to be either Ryan Leaf II or Jamarcus Russell II. Either would be a disaster. And if Mariota goes on to become Peyton Manning II I'll have to give up football.

This 1st overall pick is making me a nervous wreck! I almost wish they were picking 2nd!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/01/24/jameis-winston-s-rape-accuser-tells-all-in-sundance-documentary-the-hunting-ground.html

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I think Winston has had people protecting him from the consequences of his actions. And that is about to stop. I sincerely hope he wises up. Just ask Aaron Hernandez.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I think Winston has had people protecting him from the consequences of his actions. And that is about to stop. I sincerely hope he wises up. Just ask Aaron Hernandez.

one wonders what answer we could get from a complete honest ben roethlisberger or kobe bryant.  heck, ray lewis somehow became a genuine role-model after legal problems were forgotten. perhaps such advice would go something like, "don't worry kid. you can get away with anything as long as you only do it once."

HA! Good Fun!

"don't worry kid. you can get away with anything as long as you only do it once."

"... provided that nobody has it on video."

For my part, the most entertaining part of the offseason has been watching the continuing adventures of Chip and the Philadelphia Ducks.  He wins an internal power struggle to gain full control over player personnel, and promply uses that to trade away the team's most popular and dynamic player.  Now, I'd typically be all for trading away an expensive aging RB to gain a cheap, young, and promising LB.  But McCoy isn't that old, and it raises my eyebrow a bit that the LB in question is yet another guy who Kelly coached in college.  (And that he's had multiple ACL surgeries.)  Genius?  Hubris?  Both?  We'll soon find out!

Also, between Desean, McCoy, and the recently-released Trent Cole, I'd say that at least 80% of the jerseys purchased by Philly fans over the last 5 years last year are now out-of-date. 

Edited by Enoch

Professional athletes don't have to be saints. Heck they don't even have to be role models. But is it too much to ask that they don't kill people, rape people, torture animals, bank roll drug dealers, etc? Of course most are decent folks who are probably just as pissed as the rest of us when the 10% are allowed to get away with it.

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Today the news told me four billionaires are vying for the NFL market in Los Angeles, a prize valued at $800B, compared with $200B in homeless chump change for San Diego. Goodell and the SD mayor are scheduled to speak in a phone conversation next week, wherein one surmises Mayor Faulconer will be told his 25% franchise will need not only a miracle of two-thirds public funding to build a stadium, but also neener neener, you're third fiddle in California, take what you get and like it.  

Oh, wait, fourth fiddle, the Raiders ... likely third chair in the palm tree pigskin symphony.  ;(

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

Packers re-sign Cobb against my expectations. A big thank you to everyone involved,  :wub:

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Man, what did I tell you all about the Chip Kelly drama!  Nick Foles, plus some draft value (lots of picks changing hands, but the balance being that more value goes to STL) to the Rams for Sam Bradford's (1-year, well in excess of his reasonable value) contract.

This "never stop to huddle" philosophy of Chip's might not be transferring all that well from the football field to the GM's office. 

Im torn on DeMarco Murray (RB, Dallas). Hes a good runner I do not think you can put just any RB in and have that success, but I also think he peaked last year and will never sniff similar numbers again. And theres a lot of RB talent in the draft.

Murray signs with the Eagles.  For 21 million guaranteed. 

am hating to admit it, but 2015 free agency has provided more than a couple odd/intriguing stories.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

Im torn on DeMarco Murray (RB, Dallas). Hes a good runner I do not think you can put just any RB in and have that success, but I also think he peaked last year and will never sniff similar numbers again. And theres a lot of RB talent in the draft.

what if the replacement were Adrian Peterson?  rumor is he wants to play in Dallas.

Sure! Who wouldn't want AP. But hes way out of Dallas budget.

Im really hoping they can score one of premier RB's in the draft and pair them up with the young, elite, O-line they already put together. Could be dominant for years to come.

And wtf with the McFadden signing. :down:  Although it would be hilarious if he has a monster year behind that line. :lol:

What in the world is Chip Kelly doing?  He's either a mad genius who's logic goes well beyond mine, or he's completely nuking the Iggles.  I'm hoping for the latter.  :biggrin:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I swear, Jerruh's scouting reach only extends to Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Alabama. A little surprised they got Mcfadden and only because I didn't know he was free agent.

Edit: Actually, when I look at the moves Chip has made he is almost in the same vein as Belichick. Let's guys go when they start to get pricey? Check. Makes a move both the media and fans question? Check. Willing to pay top dollar on defense? Check. The only difference is Chip has this strong belief with his offense which he believes he can plug anyone in and it will work. So far, so good. In all the years he has coached, he has not had a losing season yet.

The only move I question really is how much he paid Murray.

Edited by Inyourprime

The only move I question really is how much he paid Murray.

That's the most bizarre one.  He lets Shady McCoy go to free up cap space, then he picks up Murray for more than what Shady would have cost him.  It makes no sense unless he thinks Murray is significantly better than Shady.  The Cowboys ran Murray into the ground last year.  That was his first (almost) completely healthy season ever and he had over 400 carries.  What are the chances he plays all 16 games this coming season?  15%?  10%?  I get they added Ryan Matthews too to share the workload, but their combined salary far exceeds what Shady would have cost them.  I guess only time will tell if this is genius or madness.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

To follow up on my earlier post, I think DeMarco Murray is definitely a downgrade from Shady McCoy.  Maybe he fits Chip's system better as a between the tackles runner?  That's the only explanation I can think of for paying more for a downgrade, and even then it doesn't make sense to me.  That's not to say Murray isn't good, he is, he's definitely above average and will get you tough yardage, but much of what he did in Dallas last year was due to the O Line.  You could have plugged an average back in there and gotten 85-90% of what Murray got.  On the other hand, Shady McCoy is special, he's a difference maker.  As a Cowboys fan, I can tell you that every time Shady would be on the field playing against the Cowboys I would be praying they didn't give him the ball, and anytime the ball was in his hands I was honestly frightened.  There are no words to adequately convey how happy I am that he's no longer playing for a rival NFC East team and I won't have to watch him torch the Cowboys twice a year.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

To follow up on my earlier post, I think DeMarco Murray is definitely a downgrade from Shady McCoy.  Maybe he fits Chip's system better as a between the tackles runner?

That's exaclty right. His offense runs better with a back who is very consistant in gaining yards, not losing them. Not a lot of people know this, just found out myself recently, but McCoy last season led the league in yards lost. That was just last season though, but still a no-no in Chip's system. Both Murray and Gore are a better fit than McCoy.