RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

The trailer is cinematically entertaining.

Thats kinda the problem, but even game footage wouldn´t do it for me. Rome 2 was so broken (in terms of AI), and every other Total War game was released as a bugy mess, except maybe Rome and Shogun (still problems), that i just can´t allow myself to be excited.

I´m very very cautions about this.

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

Got it. I knew I'd heard that vocal timbre before, especially around the 1:20 mark. He's much older now of course. Gads time flies.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The trailer is cinematically entertaining.

Thats kinda the problem, but even game footage wouldn´t do it for me. Rome 2 was so broken (in terms of AI), and every other Total War game was released as a bugy mess, except maybe Rome and Shogun (still problems), that i just can´t allow myself to be excited.

I´m very very cautions about this.

I still have never played any of the Total Wars (I own Rome but ...) but I do get the cinematic trailer issue. Entertaining they can be, but they tell you nothing of the game itself. Just meant to build excitement.
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

ITS HERE!

Oh oh...ohhhhh goood that looks nice....i have a hard time not getting excited and must remember myself that Total War games usually launch as a buggy mess. Please be good, please be good ;(

I bought Shogun 2 a few months after building a pretty damn cutting edge PC, it was a horrible, slow, ugly mess...And yet I still hope this turns out ok, fingers crossed I suppose.

Shogun 2 is arguably the best and most polished of the series. However, after Rome 2, Total War is no longer an automatic must buy for me.

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Shogun 2 is arguably the best and most polished of the series. However, after Rome 2, Total War is no longer an automatic must buy for me.

The most polished games made with that engine are not even called Total War, they're called King Arthur: The Role-playing Wargame (and it's sequel).

Hell, it even had Tyranid Trygons in it, so CA's been beat in getting a Warhammer game to the engine.

Battle2.jpg

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Batman: Arkham Knight PC Requirements

Minimum System Requirements

• OS: Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required)
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz
  • Memory: 6 GB RAM
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
  • Graphics Memory: 2 GB
  • DirectX®: 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet Connection Required
  • Hard Drive Space: 45 GB

Recommended System Requirements
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
  • Graphics Memory: 3 GB
  • Hard Drive Space: 55 GB

ULTRA System Requirements
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
  • Graphics Memory: 3 GB
  • Hard Drive Space: 55 GB

Keep in mind, this is from Nvidia's website, so only Nvidia GPUs are listed.  If you have an AMD card you'll need to do some cross-brand translating or wait for more "universal" requirements from either Warner Brothers or Rocksteady.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

https://youtu.be/Q5pjON5rwxU

Doesn't look like we get a bald, mechanical arm Charlize Theron in the game.  :(

It looks pretty good otherwise.  Given that it's being made by Avalanche, hopefully some of that Just Cause lunacy carries over into this game.  Anyway, I hope it doesn't wind up being the disappointment that Rage was.  First and foremost, the driving and car combat physics need to be good.  I'd feel better about that if Bugbear was making the game, but hopefully Avalanche delivers in that area.

Edit: Video, Y U NO EMBED?

Untitled_1.png

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Because you used the youtu.be link.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Because you used the youtu.be link.

Well, it seems we actually can get game based on movie which is better than the movie (we will see how good the movie will be to begin with)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

and now you can sell mods on steam

This is the end

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/aboutpaidcontent

And isoku is selling his wet & cold pack for 28 obamas

On  the one hand I do like the idea of being able to make a few bucks from work. On the other hand mods get away with a lot of stuff because it's free, although people nowadays sell games on their alpha stage so maybe modders can get away with selling incomplete, buggy products. But seriously, ban copyrighted content; the first page is full of things from other games and you shouldn't be able to sell things that technically aren't yours.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

One of the caveats about Internet spaceship game Elite: Dangerous is that it requires players to be good at self-direction—there isn’t a substantial framework of guidance to point players in the right direction as they fight, trade, or explore their way to riches

*snort* Some caveat. But good that they are giving more activities and some faction war to the game.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

This is the end

In before Schlongs of Skyrim Director's Cut Steam Edition...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

This is the end

On  the one hand I do like the idea of being able to make a few bucks from work. On the other hand mods get away with a lot of stuff because it's free, although people nowadays sell games on their alpha stage so maybe modders can get away with selling incomplete, buggy products. But seriously, ban copyrighted content; the first page is full of things from other games and you shouldn't be able to sell things that technically aren't yours.

Why mod isn't a knockoff, it's an homage. I'm also not charging for it but rather giving it away free for a mandatory tip.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Man, if I keep in mind how often I've downloaded Morrowind, Skyrim, Fallout 3 or New Vegas mods, just to delete them again right after. Lots of stuff is either buggy as hell, incompatible with other mods or simply really bad despite good looking screenshots.

Hope there will be a truckton of complaints and especially legal actions against people who steal other folks work and sell it as their own. - Though, this is especially dangerous for small time modders who don't want to sell their stuff. I can see lots of content getting stolen by other people and sold as their own. What is Steam going to do against such actions? How to prove who is right and who is not?

/edit: Oh wow:

The percentage of revenue an item creator receives from direct sales of their item in this Workshop is 25%

The creator gets 25% of the money. :D

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

It's something I see mentioned in various Sims communities as being fairly common already. Though the form of stealing is somewhat different there, they take globs of free content then put them up behind a paywalled site.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Hopefully we won't see too many lawsuits arising and stinks being raised over the nudity and "better sex" mods for Skyrim. After all, who wants to let their attorneys know they watch virtual TnA on their off hours?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjj8eMNxivM

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Well, I think I found this years GotY!

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 3

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours