RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

^this man speaks the truth! but, I don't play it as a regular MP shooter. to me it's more of a coop experience, because one of the DLCs introduced a horde mode for 4 players, and it's epic.

But thats the problem, it has nice ideas and is it was fun for some hours..not enough Mechs,maps, guns, etc  it got boring really fast. Also DLC for horde mode..ugh..it came out with hardly any maps and content. Thats why it fell on its face. It´s one of those games noone cares anymore, overrated and hyped and no substance. (the groundwork was there which makes it sad it could have been better)

BUT Shadowwarrior is a GREAT single player shooter..****ing awesome really. If you don´t have it, get it..steam sales should help.

Edit: OMG Shadow Warrior2? REALLY? YESSSS! THIS IS GREAT! ALso **** co-op never design a game around that. NEVER.

Edited by cirdanx
  • Like 2

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

^this man speaks the truth! but, I don't play it as a regular MP shooter. to me it's more of a coop experience, because one of the DLCs introduced a horde mode for 4 players, and it's epic.

But thats the problem, it has nice ideas and is it was fun for some hours..not enough Mechs,maps, guns, etc  it got boring really fast. Also DLC for horde mode..ugh..it came out with hardly any maps and content. Thats why it fell on its face. It´s one of those games noone cares anymore, overrated and hyped and no substance. (the groundwork was there which makes it sad it could have been better)

BUT Shadowwarrior is a GREAT single player shooter..****ing awesome really. If you don´t have it, get it..steam sales should help.

Edit: OMG Shadow Warrior2? REALLY? YESSSS! THIS IS GREAT! ALso **** co-op never design a game around that. NEVER.

I actually think the number of mechs and guns are fine. They were incredibly balanced, and that is rare for a MP shooter these days. CoD and BF always seem to have one or two guns outshining the others, so instead of having a best in each gun category, TF had one gun in each category. I don't see the point in more guns if a large percentage of the population gravitates to the one Overtuned gun.

If they overhaul the mech system then I could see TF2 getting more, but in the system they had (armor vs boost) you really only had 1 boost with heavy armor, 2 boost with moderate, and a 3 boost squishy. I think more pilot customization (cosmetically), and more gun accessories would have helped with longevity.

I liked TF (which I still periodically play) because of the Parkour. That system made movement just as important as aiming. That system made it similar to old Arena shooters (Tribes, Quake, Unreal, etc) while having gunplay similar to CoD. Spot on networking and hit detection, as well. I played it for fun, not depth. Arena shooters are incredibly rare anymore, and if TF2 brings more depth then I can't say I will be disappointed. If they don't I know I will get $60 of gameplay for fun.

• Like 1

I liked TF (which I still periodically play) because of the Parkour. That system made movement just as important as aiming. That system made it similar to old Arena shooters (Tribes, Quake, Unreal, etc) while having gunplay similar to CoD. Spot on networking and hit detection, as well. I played it for fun, not depth.

QFT

Titanfall is the first game since UT2004 I've actually enjoyed Multiplayer in. 

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

And it looks like playing an episode of the cartoon!

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

There has been female transformers since G1. Arcee, Elita-1, Chromia, Windblade is just the newest. Each transformer's base architecture is based on one of the 13 original disciples of Primus, Solus Prime was the only female looking one, which is why you don't see a lot of female tfs.

• Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg

8nsQg1k.jpg?1

That is certainly news! Tell me more

well i last watched in '87.

The Search for Alpha Trion, that first introduces Elita One aired in 1985

Devastatorsig.jpg

Never saw any robogirls in Transformers.

You mean, you never saw this?

• Like 4

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

1. Hell yeah! A gen1 TF game! TAKE MY MONEY!!!

2. I watch that movie at least twice a month, and have done so for nearly 30 years. It is sad. I'm probably going to watch it tonight now. It's my favorite animated movie.

3. It is weird, I am really excited to play as Wheeljack.

This news made my year.

Yeah, it does.  It looks like a mix of the Dreamwave comics and the Cartoon.  The art style is awesome.  

EDIT:  I wonder if Starscream is going to make an appearance as the article seems to indicate that they are bringing original VA's back to reprise their roles.  I don't know if anyone can replicate Chris Latta.  I love my Gen 1 Starscream.  

Edited by Ganrich

Yeah, it does.  It looks like a mix of the Dreamwave comics and the Cartoon.  The art style is awesome.  

EDIT:  I wonder if Starscream is going to make an appearance as the article seems to indicate that they are bringing original VA's back to reprise their roles.  I don't know if anyone can replicate Chris Latta.  I love my Gen 1 Starscream.  

The guy who voiced Starscream in Armada wasn't bad. I think he did Cobra Commander in GI Joe Resolute as well.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Is there a canon reason for the robots having sexes in the TF universe?

They were from a rare subgroup of Transformers, and their origins have never been explained in detail (afaik). Hasbro has a very discombobulated canon for the Transformers. Everything is canon. So, some bots have different back stories and/or characteristics. For instance, in the g1 cartoon Soundwave is a Megatron loyalist, but in the Marvel comics he was an usurper (like Starscream was on the cartoon, but less hopeless). Both are canon. The Constructicons have multiple back stories depending on the source, as well.

Wiki for fembots:

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Female_Transformer

Wiki for TF canon:

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Canon

• Like 1

Clearly the answer is that if the robots didn't have sexes where would the baby robots come from?

91VH1ve.jpg

Actually I'm more amused not by having extraneous sexuality in asexual machines but her appearing to have either extra boob/ crotchplate or be wearing only a sort of armoured bikini. That's really going the distance on extraneous sexuality, can't have her non existent/ non functional/ why on earth cybertron would you have them in a designed 'species' sexual organs being exposed to the world, might corrupt those impressionable ten year olds.

In before Bruce: will she be in the game, and romanceable?

Clearly the answer is that there are plenty of female transformers, most of them are just at home, preferably in the kitchen, where they belong.  :shifty:

/hides

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Clearly the answer is that there are plenty of female transformers, most of them are just at home, preferably in the kitchen, where they belong.  :shifty:

/hides

OMG I just imagined a female transformer as a food truck or a big Oven ;P

A roach coach transformer.  :lol:

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks