RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Cradle, a Myst-like game made by some former STALKER devs, is coming out July 25th after a long and arduous development period.

Yeeeeeeaaahhhh!

• Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Cradle, a Myst-like game made by some former STALKER devs, is coming out July 25th after a long and arduous development period.

Yeeeeeeaaahhhh!

I'm definitely interested.  Hopefully it's good.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Fan made spiritual successor to Tower of Doom and Shadow over Mystara released for free.

Get it while you can because WotC is almost certainly going to cease and desist this game out of existence.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Always found how the game would pause completely whenever someone, anyone cast a spell to be immensely frustrating. I know other games often did that for special abilities, but they happened far less often.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

One of the best shooters i've played in recent years, glad to see that it was successful enough to warrant a sequel.

• Like 3

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

One of the best shooters i've played in recent years, glad to see that it was successful enough to warrant a sequel.

Shadow Warrior and the 2 Metro games are the best shooters of this decade that I've played. (I've yet to play the new Wolfensteins)

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

So Xfire, which was probably the first of its kind, is shutting down it's social services (which have been lagging way behind the competition for quite a while now). If there's any people here that need/want to download their screenshot/video library, you have until tomorrow (yeah, talking about short notice)

http://social.xfire.com/

Shadow Warrior and the 2 Metro games are the best shooters of this decade that I've played. (I've yet to play the new Wolfensteins)

haven't played Titanfall then, I gather  :brows:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Awesome, that Shadow Warrior remake was good (though some of the levels should have been cut shorter, imo). But this 4 player coop... not sure how to feel about that. Also I'd like Wang to get a little bit more out with the jokes and stuff. That trailer isn't really showing off for my taste.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Before Xfire there was Gamespy Arcade and Microsoft Gaming Zone, before them there was Gamespy 3D (superseded by All Seeing Eye).

None of those allowed in-game chat though as far as I remember, which is the feature I used Xfire for.

Q: Who wants some more Wang?

A: I do.  I love me some Wang.

Warning: Strong language

The line "this time I brought some friends along", co-op confirmed?

The line "this time I brought some friends along", co-op confirmed?

Yes.  From the Steam page:

FEATURES

Blades and Bullets: Lo Wang delivers his own brand full throttle brutality with an expanded array of over 70 lethal blades and explosive firearms to overcome the demonic opposition. Become a whirlwind of steel and blood with razor sharp katana, short swords, crescent blades, and hand claws or unleash a hellish symphony of ornate firearms to decimate your enemies. 

Four Player Co-Op: Battle through the expansive campaign alone or team up as a four-player typhoon of destruction online in campaign co-op mode. Tackle challenging primary missions or thrilling side quests while maintaining your own ninja style with customizable armor, items, and valuable loot from your triumphs. 

Procedural Environments: The breach between the human and demon realms created an interdimensional hernia resulting in constant shifts to the world of Shadow Warrior 2. Procedurally generated landscapes and paths bring new twists and turns to once familiar terrain and routine missions. 

Brutal Damage System: Choose your weapon based on the situation at hand and then dismantle everything that stands in your path with an advanced gore system. Use precision blade strikes to separate limbs and heads or switch to heavy ordinance and blow a hole right through colossal beasts. 

Custom Upgrade System: Upgrade weapons in your arsenal with up to three stones at once to improve performance or augment them with devastating elemental effects. Collect karma, amulets, and armor to enhance Lo Wang’s power and shift his death-dealing artistry into overdrive.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Before Xfire there was Gamespy Arcade and Microsoft Gaming Zone, before them there was Gamespy 3D (superseded by All Seeing Eye).

None of those allowed in-game chat though as far as I remember, which is the feature I used Xfire for.

Gamespy Arcade had it in 2001 when they bought roger wilco (which was owned by Mplayer another game platform with in-game voice), for VoIP there was also Vent and Team Speak.

haven't played Titanfall then, I gather :brows:

I agree with him, but Titanfall was the best MP shooter in many years. I had tons of fun with that game. It's sequel is probably the only EA published product I will buy day one.

• Like 1

^this man speaks the truth! but, I don't play it as a regular MP shooter. to me it's more of a coop experience, because one of the DLCs introduced a horde mode for 4 players, and it's epic.

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Aaaand... my new New Vegas mod is finally released.

newvegas_betsy_thumb.jpg

It's kind of a re-release of New Vegas Uncut 6 - If it wasn't for Betsy. I fixed it up... fixed lots and lots of bugs... really, it took me a truckton amount of time to fix it all (and I hope I got it all. Had to rewrite some scripts multiple times, which was driving me crazy up until a point where I thought it is unfixable). Also - of course - added my own tweaks, little changes here and there and fully voiced dialogue. I think the result is pretty good.

/edit:
What I've learned from this experience: Working on someone elses content can be a huge pain in the arse. The scripting style wasn't mine, so I had to get into it first, the dialogue buildup has been a pure mess (because it was made in Fallout 3 style - that means, the New Vegas dialogue editor obviously wasn't used, which resulted in dialogue nodes being all over the place) and the quest stages setup is all over the place as well. Makes me question my faith in humankind.

My next project will be 100% my own again, and I feel happy about that.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 7

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."