RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Only the point that they were actively going after people setting up servers though, because I don't think a company should be forced to provide service indefinitely - but they should stay the hell away from what customers do that isn't illegal.

Fortune favors the bald.

There are few more good points... e.g. about sitting on franchises, just because they can... without ever doing anything again with that franchise...

Thankfully some Japanese publishers got this right, and allowed older franchises, no longer in "mainstream" development, to use by third parties, and hopefully we can see that way finally Anachronox 2 and other good games.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Dear Lord in Heavens, in case you exist, I simply whisper and not shout: Please let this be true!

oh wow, I played that sooo much back in the day.. But didn't they do like a sequel remake in 2008?

That was a reboot of the series which was developed by Propaganda Games which got defunct later on shortly after releasing that Tron game. The 2008 Turok games was not connected to any of the previous games or even the comics. It was simply  the story of a space marine on some alien planet. The game was also known for it's bad aiming and controls.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

someone should be spanked poured with tar and tossed on with feathers, then shown to the public for laughs and after that pitchforks and fire could come from an angry mob if they so desired.

Sounds like they are getting enough support to launch again, and hopefully this time they will meet their goal with some wiggle room.  :p

• Like 1

I read that the same person has done it to a couple of other projects. The person should be suspended from Kickstarter when the trolling is so obvious. Or let the devs refuse a pledge if they think it's just to there to mess with them.

• Like 1

One of the supposed punishments for flashing a dvd drive to play cracked dvds on the xbox was bricking when a new firmware/ dashboard update arrived, so it isn't new as a punishment. Though ms seems to be denying it has happened anyway.

Can't watch video at work. Is that a free upgrade, like Wasteland 2 GotY. Or not?

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

So this is when I finally get to play the long promised and ridiculously belated Linux version of the game?  Better late than never, I guess.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

"Game of the Year", confirmed.

• Like 3

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"Game of the Year", confirmed.

WTF is this, school murder simulator. And Hatred was painted as sick? xD

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

WTF is this, school murder simulator. And Hatred was painted as sick? xD

It's Yandere Simulator.  You play a girl obsessed about a boy and you stalk him and try to eliminate any perceived competition all while trying to not get found out.  How you eliminate anyone you perceive as being competition for your senpai is up to you.  You can straight up murder them, cause an "accident", or try to spread lies about them to get them expelled and/or get others to bully the competing girl until she kills herself.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Divinity : OS Enhanced Edition officially announced. Not playing the game on release payoffs again :p.

Sweet, finally Linux release! Though I guess it also means Linux users will never get their hands on the "original" version as well, which might be a bit of a bummer depending on what else will be changed in the Enhanced Edition on top of what we already know.

Not too stoked about the full voice-overs though, I really think the way BG2 did it with only providing limited voice overs works a lot better for the amount of dialogue these types of games tend to have (and using voice-overs with in-between descriptions, PoE-style, I find especially jarring). But I'm sure the other improvements will make it all worth it. (and I'm also sure a great many people disagree with me on this one ;))

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

Divinity : OS Enhanced Edition officially announced. Not playing the game on release payoffs again :p.

Sweet, finally Linux release! Though I guess it also means Linux users will never get their hands on the "original" version as well, which might be a bit of a bummer depending on what else will be changed in the Enhanced Edition on top of what we already know.

Not too stoked about the full voice-overs though, I really think the way BG2 did it with only providing limited voice overs works a lot better for the amount of dialogue these types of games tend to have (and using voice-overs with in-between descriptions, PoE-style, I find especially jarring). But I'm sure the other improvements will make it all worth it. (and I'm also sure a great many people disagree with me on this one ;))

I just hope that they don't completely gimp streamline the UI for controllers.  Hopefully the UI will still be made so as to allow m&kb users to utilize more than 12 buttons so that we can have hotkeys for everything and not have to go through menu after menu.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I'm actually pretty excited about this.  I'm nearly finished with my first playthrough and have been really enjoying the game, especially the combat, but look forward to some newer story elements or possibly hints for some quests.  I really enjoy the idea of making it more oldschool and really having to think about quests and keeping track of quest givers, but sometimes when I come back to the game after not playing a week, I find myself spending too much time in my quest log wondering where I'm at lol  Plus, I'll more than likely pick up the PS4 version to further support them and enjoy the game on my couch!