RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

I liked DX:HR.  My biggest beef with the game is that it encouraged you to take ever path into a place.  If you snuck in through a ventilation shaft, it was in your best interest to go back out and hack in through a terminal and also go punch your way through a wall somewhere else to get into that same building.  They should have set it up that once you infiltrate a facility the other means of getting in no longer give exp.

true

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Yep, made the Ruskie chick and the Arab pirate dude a piece of cake. Maybe they should just give XP for objectives ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yep, made the Ruskie chick and the Arab pirate dude a piece of cake. Maybe they should just give XP for objectives ?

The Typhoon was retarded. I hope they come up with a reason why they don't make reloads for it anymore, or perhaps Jensen had it replaced with something less idiotic like an integrated confetti dispenser.

The problem with XP is that it's hard to make all playstyles equally viable, while at the same time having XP rewards that are in the least reactive and dynamic. Do you hand out a bonus for not killing anyone? Then I'm being discouraged from playing the game as a straight shooter and using my more offense-oriented augs. Do you hand out a bonus for convincing some random NPC instead of just punching their lights out? Then I'm being punished for being a jerk legend (which is a shame). Etc.

Personally I'm fine with giving a fixed XP amount upon reaching a checkpoint and having gameplay and choice exploration be its own reward, but I know that's not everyone's cup of tea.

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I thought it was stupid how melee kills are loud and melee knockouts were silent. There is just no reason why anyone would ever use the melee kill. You had to press the button longer and you were making noise, which could result in other soldiers running to your position.

They should have done it the other way around- then at least you had to deal with the moral side of it (kill or not to kill) when trying to get through areas silently.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

GameInformer - Meet the Power Players of Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Adam Jensen is more driven than ever. Two years after the catastrophic events that marked the end of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, he’s determined to expose the group and people behind the so-called Aug Incident. While the Illuminati may have pulled those strings and are the focus of Jensen’s investigation in the upcoming Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, they’re not the only organization that he becomes involved with. Today, we’re taking a look at some of the other factions Jensen – and players – will meet.

Task Force 29
In Human Revolution, Jensen worked as head of security for the augmentation manufacturer Sarif Industries. Following the Aug Incident, where augmented people essentially went haywire and unwittingly performed acts of violence and terrorism, Sarif’s business collapsed. Now, Jensen is a member of an anti-terrorist group headed up by Interpol, called Task Force 29. 

“The division that he’s in, he is probably the only augmented person in that strike team,” says Mary DeMarle, Mankind Divided’s narrative director. Jensen will travel around the world as he unravels the conspiracy, including an area near Prague that’s now become a prison camp for augmented people. DeMarle says that Jensen’s augmentations give him an in with the people living there that others might not have. And while Task Force 29’s stated goal is to eliminate terrorism, DeMarle is quick to point out that in this world, one person’s terrorist is another’s freedom fighter. 

The Augmented Rights Coalition
The Augmented Rights Coalition, or ARC, is one group that is seen as terrorists by the powers that be. In the early hours of Mankind Divided, Jensen has to infiltrate the group’s Prague base and capture its leader, Dr. Talos Rucker (pictured above). 

ARC was originally a loosely structured network of groups that were organized to help the recently augmented deal with the transition to their new status. After the Aug Incident, ARC began to coalesce over what members saw as a violation of augmented peoples’ rights. Augmented people were rounded up and abused for crimes that they perpetrated through no fault of their own. ARC saw that as being victimized twice – once for the initial crimes, and secondly for holding augs culpable for things that were out of their control.

Rucker is a humanitarian-aid doctor who was also augmented after sustaining injuries in a natural disaster. He has amassed considerable power by banding the augs together, which makes him a threat to those who would work to further restrict augmented people. While the group itself doesn’t rely on violence to get its message across, various members have gone rogue. Because of that, ARC has been placed on a terrorist watch list. One of the high-ranking members of the group is Victor Marchenko, and it’s unclear at this point whether he poses a threat to Jensen or the people who would keep ARC down. DeMarle says Marchenko is skeptical of Jensen’s place in this world, asking whether Jensen is a wrench – a derogatory slang term and reference to a tool being wielded by the man.

The Illuminati
The Illuminati has been a force in the Deus Ex universe since the series began. It’s also the group that introduced a glitch into augmentation software that created the Aug Incident. While they share the same name, Eidos Montreal’s interpretation of the group is different from the first Deus Ex. Most notably, it’s shifted away from the ‘90s-era X-Files-style paranoia toward something more grounded.

“They’re very powerful one-percenters who have always controlled and manipulated society in ways that serve a vision that they have,” DeMarle says. “For some of them, that vision may be very personal, and it may be, ‘I just want to maintain peace and prosperity so that I stay on top.’ For others, because nothing is ever black and white and it’s about the individual, some of them may very much believe, ‘I’ve been given this power and this money and this wealth, and I come from this upper class because kings are born. Our job is to protect society, and we need to preserve mankind. When we look forward and see the war and we see the terrorism, we have to stop it – but how we stop it might not be to the benefit of everyone.’”

In short, the Illuminati is a blanket term to describe these powerful people overall, even if they don’t necessarily have an official structure or hold meetings. “It’s more along the lines of the one percent of the one-percenters,” DeMarle says. She adds that she was reading the book Too Big to Fail when she realized that some bankers share a common trait with the fictional Illuminati: They’re too arrogant to effectively band together for a common goal. That could make solving this mystery a tough challenge.

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

GTA V options.

hamxmdI1yFop.840x0.Vdef9Kkm.jpg

ABiZL1eEzT8Q.840x0.Vdef9Kkm.jpg

Facebook integration, go figure.   Hm, potential for some rather confusing status updates :lol:

Just ran grandma over #YoloSwag

Like · Comment · Share

Holy Smoke...how is that resolution !!!!

What size monitor do you need for that and does anyone actually have one that big?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yes, Putin.

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

You mean because of that mobile / tablet game which was kinda disappointing? (because it was made as mobile / tablet game)

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

OnLive shutting down. For good.

I absolutely do not doubt for one second, whether we all like it or not (and I can't say I'm in the former camp), that the cloud is where the future of gaming will be. By that same token, when OnLive was first announced (and actually up to this day), I had grave doubts that that future was _here_.

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Well, I can already see that every publisher will be pushing their own cloud gaming service, and paying for each one? Well, I rather go tabletop Pathfinder or Numenera and use the saved money for vacations on Cook Islands...

OnLive shutting down. For good.

I absolutely do not doubt for one second, whether we all like it or not (and I can't say I'm in the former camp), that the cloud is where the future of gaming will be. By that same token, when OnLive was first announced (and actually up to this day), I had grave doubts that that future was _here_.

Yeah, this whole Cloud thing will happen eventually, but the latency issue hasn't been solved yet.  Even if you believe the most optimistic numbers touted by Nvidia (I'm skeptical) about their GRID service, I believe they were talking something like 80 ms, that may be good enough for some games, especially anything turn-based or of a non-twitchy nature, but for other games 80 ms of latency is simply not acceptable.  The most extreme example is fighting games.  I'm not sure how those can ever work through the Cloud, unless latency can somehow be completely eliminated.  No amount of latency is acceptable for a fighting game where top players depend on frame data and hone their skills to moves that depend on being executed with a precision of just a single frame or two.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Fighting games are with over 50ms ridiculous even for complete noobs like myself. Even the HDMI lag can destroy your timing on some older TVs. And this lag is much lower than 50ms. Same with MOBAs. And FPSs? Probably they will solve this with some sort of aimbots. But that would pretty much destroy these games on competitive level.

Funny that we are going back to terminal-mainframe style of systems. Hm, guess gaming as service was right.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

oh, for god's sake, I just returned from the ATM, taking money off my balance... oh well, there's always next year's sale

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

oh, for god's sake, I just returned from the ATM, taking money off my balance... oh well, there's always next year's sale

Or the sale they will have in 2 months. It feels like they have these sales 2-3 times per year.

Save a bit by unticking Dragonshard and Demon Stone. :p

Bought the Lucas bundle myself, aside from the two aforementioned titles I have everything else on offer today. As of the 1000 box milestone they've announced, it means I have 29.6% of the titles available on GOG. :ninja:

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Need to make an unwanted bundle of Jack Keane, Omerta, Ultima 9