RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Some tidbits from the Gameinformer issue for easy reference:
-Takes place in 2029, 2 years after Human Revolution
-Listed as single-player, no mention of multiplayer
-Jensen is part of a covert, goverment-sponsored task force called Task Force 29, a new branch of Interpol, to combat a new breed of terrorism
-Jensen doesn't full trust Task Force 29, also feeds intel to another covert organization called the Juggernaut Collective
-In true Deus Ex fashion, you often receive conflicting missions, neither can be fully trusted
-Boss encounters are designed in a way to allow players to approach any way they want (stealth, full combat, etc)
-Eidos won't comment on which ending it considers canon but is trying to string together different parts of each ending for the overall background of Mankind Divided
-Story is in many ways a story of redemption for Jensen
-The story they're telling is building to events that take place in the original Deus Ex
-With Mankind Divided, they're exploring the original game's past; "Is the depiction of past events from the original Deus Ex true? Will we discover stuff we never knew?"
-One of Jensen's missions takes him to Utulek Station in Prague, now a ghetto for augmented individuals
-Shops line the streets, temporary housing units stacked on one another reaching upwards toward the sky; claustrophobic atmosphere
-Mission to track down a leader of an aug group, but police have captured the informant
-Can choose to butter up the informant's wife for clues or cause a scene with the police
-Alternatively Jensen can bypass this area of the game altogether and find the leader's hideout on his own
-Mentions Jensen engaging in tense conversation with the leader, resulting in a diplomatic solution or violence
-"You can go full combat or full stealth throughout any part of the game"
-Side quests meant to be more meaningful; ex. players can choose to make deals with criminal organizations and its mob boss might call in a favor later interrupting main missions
-Features twice as many augmentations as Human Revolution
-Aug examples:
Tesla: little darts pop out of Jensen's knuckles allowing him to tag enemies and take them out quietly
Silent Run: Allows Jensen to move quickly across any floor without making a sound (can combine with cloaking)
C.A.S.I.E.: Allows Jensen to analyze the mental state of individuals, helping him to respond adequately in conversations
PEPS Gun: Non-lethal weapon that pops out of Jensen's bionic arm and fires a concussive blast allowing him to knock an enemy out, kill him or flee
-Augmentation features can be assigned on the d-pad for quick selection
-Augmentations consumed a fixed amount of energy, when Jensen stops using them he regains a portion of it
-Can still refill his augs completely with bio cells, Eidos wants the recharge mechanic to encourage using augs more liberally
-New remote hack augmentation allows Jensen to activate shortcuts through areas to pass enemies
-No plan for Human Revolution saves to carry over, but Eidos is planning for a franchise now, want to expand further after HR's success
-Eidos noted fans who played stealthily enjoyed the game more so spent several years iterating on gunplay
-Jensen can adjust his weapons at any point mid-battle, changing ammo type, firing pattern, scopes, etc
-Some enemies have external tech like exoskeletons and mechs to combat Jensen
-Variety of enemies have a diversity of weapons, augments, or other high-tech combat tools, some have high-jump abilities, etc
-Focused on making A.I. more aggressive, flanking, etc

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/94126/new-deus-ex-game

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/04/07/may-cover-revealed-deus-ex-mankind-divided-568435.aspx?utm_content=buffer4c288&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

*yawn*

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well about ****ing time. I guess this and the hints at a "franchise" (um, isn't DX a franchise already?) is what they have been working on under the "Deus Ex Universe" name.

I really liked DX:HR having different endings. Them trying to create an amalgam of all three options for continuity purposes sounds bad and the last time they tried it, it sucked major ass.

Also I'm hoping they improve on HtH mechanics. Takedowns were so broken it's not even funny.

• Like 2

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Them trying to create an amalgam of all three options for continuity purposes sounds bad and the last time they tried it, it sucked major ass.

Agreed.  Don't try to get cute with multiple endings if saves don't carry over.  Pick one and make it canon.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Maybe they'll just say no signal actually made it out due to some other group so really nothing changed.

Maybe they'll just say no signal actually made it out due to some other group so really nothing changed.

Dear Lord, I hope not.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

GTA V options.

hamxmdI1yFop.840x0.Vdef9Kkm.jpg

ABiZL1eEzT8Q.840x0.Vdef9Kkm.jpg

Facebook integration, go figure.   Hm, potential for some rather confusing status updates :lol:

Edited by Malcador

NFS at work is dead so am free to spam here :p

• Like 2

I liked how Invisible War handled Deus Ex's endings. :(

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

NFS at work is dead so am free to spam here :p

Letho augmented himself?

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Interesting, but a little too much focus on viciously killing people for my taste.

Can't have enough of that. But it is a trailer so they have to show the sexy, flashy bits. Corny monologue too, "their darkness must end"

Interesting, but a little too much focus on viciously killing people for my taste.

Can't have enough of that. But it is a trailer so they have to show the sexy, flashy bits. Corny monologue too, "their darkness must end"

Maybe he's going to buy them some light fixtures at Home Depot and install them to end the darkness? 

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Surprising to read some people unhappy with Jensen being the protagonist. He wasn't amazing but nothing wrong with carrying forward with him.

I still think that an unaugmented protagonist, or even better making augmentation a choice, could work extremely well in a Deus Ex game. There's obviously going to be a difference in playstyles, but I don't think it would be as large as people assume. High tech gadgets, skills, weapons and armours could work to mimic JC's or Jensen's abilities.

Instead of being the Terminator, one is the Batman. You could play a young Sam Carter, the quartermaster from the original game.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Agreed, it wouldn´t have hurt to show a bit more stealth in it. But then, it´s a trailer and they try to attract the crowd...of course violence works ;)

So far the promises look good, but it will be seen IF they can live up to their word and IF we see a great game like DE or DE: HR again.

To be fair i´m really sceptical. I also had a laugh at the "bad guy" in the cinematic with his russian accent...really?

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

I had a love and hate relationship with the previous game. Loved the parts of DXHR just running around the (improbably laid out) cities and doing smaller quests in that framework. Got terribly bored by the overlong 'main' missions between the city visits, and ultimately quit the game over it. I'd go so far as to say that had Montreal and Singapore existed as hub cities like Detroit and Hengsha, it'd have been one of my favourite games of the past decade. So more of the former and less of the latter, please.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Well, I kind of liked DX:HR even with its flawes so I have to buy it if its going to be featuring my country (even tho we dont speak russian :)

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I liked DX:HR.  My biggest beef with the game is that it encouraged you to take ever path into a place.  If you snuck in through a ventilation shaft, it was in your best interest to go back out and hack in through a terminal and also go punch your way through a wall somewhere else to get into that same building.  They should have set it up that once you infiltrate a facility the other means of getting in no longer give exp.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸