RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Soo.. Pillars is in like a week or something. For those of us not part of the beta. 

Yes. March 26.

One week, two weeks ....not much of a difference

The main point being the launch of PoE is imminent  :dancing:  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well another nice gift for you, if you are buying on steam.

Don't you dare to move to another country, if you want to continue to play your games!!!

http://www.pcgamer.com/new-regional-restrictions-on-steam-gifts-come-to-light/

The restrictions may also apply to more than just gifts: A user who purchased Skyrim while he was living in Ukraine found that it wouldn't run when he moved back to the US; ironically, he couldn't re-buy it until he contacted Steam support and had the original key deleted from his account.

It's not the kind of restriction that's going to affect a lot of people, but those who are affected are completely out of luck: The support page also warns that "Steam Support is unable to modify or remove any region restrictions."

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

..Steam Support..

Guess it's appropriate that on St Paddy's day we get mention of mythical creatures that guard pots of gold.

Funny enough I have had no issues with Steam support, I have only had to use them twice

Once I bought a game, Mafia 2, and when I tried to load it Steam said the activation key was " already in use "

I contacted Steam support  and they asked me to scan my original slip from the company I bought the game from and then email them this scanned slip  as proof that I had indeed purchased the game 

This was slightly inconvenient  but once I did this they gave me a  new activation key 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Looks like Nintendo, spurned on by disappointing Wii U sales, has finally decided to step into the mobile market, partnering with Mobage owners DeNA. It doesn't seem like Nintendo will develop any of the games themselves at this point.

They also announced to be working on a new handheld concept called Nintendo NX that would not be a part of the DS series.

EDIT: Correction, it's not yet known if it's a handheld or a console.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Keep in mind that consoles are routinely in r&d several years prior to release.  So whatever "NX" is may not see the light of day until 2017 or even 2018.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

All I know is that they better not abandon the Wii-U until they've finished Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem.

More importantly, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem better still be happening.  I desperately want that game.  if it goes the way of The Last Guardian, I will cry.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

https://youtu.be/vefhZp-d_uw

Like the real CnC Generals sequel.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-18-warhammer-quest-dev-reveals-new-warhammer-40k-game-deathwatch-tyranid-invasion

Rodeo Games, developer of Warhammer Quest, is making a Warhammer 40K turn-based strategy game.

Deathwatch: Tyranid Invasion is being built using Unreal Engine 4 and is due out on iOS devices summer 2015 as a premium title.

You control a squad of Space Marines special operatives called Deathwatch and battle Tyranids.

Gameplay is similar to Rodeo's Warhammer Quest, but Deathwatch is full 3D, so you can spin, pan and rotate the camera.

It also uses a Codex book, which functions like a sticker book. As you collect new pieces of wargear, relics and weapons, you see them place in the book. There are 250 of these items.

You can have a maximum number of five units in your squad, Rodeo's Ben Murch told Eurogamer. The single-player offering includes 10 acts, each containing four missions. Each act portrays an important conflict in the battle for the Astolat Sector.

"We want to bring back that feeling of playing table top Games Workshop games where you can take your time, and plan turns in advance in order to succeed," Murch said.

"Equally, you can charge in all guns blazing. It's just that all your marines might not survive."

Each marine in your squad has active abilities and passive abilities, which are unlocked by saving up and spending experience points you gain from missions. However, if your marine dies on a mission, then he will lose any unspent XP, adding a risk/reward element to the gameplay.

Away from single-player, there is a multiplayer component. You can take your marines from the single-player campaign, with all of their wargear, and fight up to three friends online.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Recently, a team of modders released the 1.00 version of System Shock Infinite, improving and expanding the already amazing System Shock 2 in various ways. It's like the content mods for Kotor 2, Vampire: TM, and various other games. Here's the feature list:

Menu_3d_2.2.jpg

ALSO, there is a Cyberpunk Sale on Steam until March 20th, which has System Shock 2 off 75%, for a measly 2.5 dollars. Now is a really good time to either get into or revisit one the best games of all time. If you prefer DRM-free, GOG has it, though not on sale currently.

If you don't like the additional stuff from the mod (some of the changes are quite radical), just grab a hi-res/wide-screen support mod.

(I skimmed through the user reviews, and I was very pleased that no small number of people who played BioShock first went back and played the precursor SS2, and now they say it's better and their new favorite. That's right, son, learn to respect your elder games.)

• Like 1

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

That's just *cool*, it totaly gives the sense of Scale that EVE has a hard time providing. Didn't really catch what ship they were flying in (I think it's supposed to be the fighters/fighter-bombers that are generally launched by (super)carriers). But flying alongside all these iconic ships looks pretty damn awesome, it's also pretty cool how the collateral damage of the Doomsday being fired by the Avatar "accidentally" annihilates the player ship, not sure if that was just done for the sake of the clip tho, CCP is pretty good at making awesome clips after all...

Does anyone know by a chance if The Arland Atelier Trilogy compilation contains some DLCs on the disc or only the three games?

I am searching all around the web, but can't find clear Yes or No anywhere :(

http://www.koeitecmoeurope.com/news/76835/THE-ARLAND-ATELIER-TRILOGY-COMING-TO-EUROPE-FOR-PS3-IN-MARCH-2015/

I have the games already, but if the disc contains DLCs, I'll be willing to purchase it again.

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Roberts wants more of your money.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I still don't really know what to think about this game. How will it work? Does it have singleplayer? How much fake is the walking on planets and space stations? Will it be an MMO like Eve?

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I still don't really know what to think about this game. How will it work? Does it have singleplayer? How much fake is the walking on planets and space stations? Will it be an MMO like Eve?

From what I've gathered, you will actually live in space with Chris Roberts.  Although it has permadeath.

• Like 2