Just a reminder: PaX East tommorrow march 7, 4:30

I've managed to avoid reading *too* much stuff on PoE so far, since I don't want the game spoiled.  Hell, I don't know for sure whether they managed to keep kill XP out of the game or not with their bestiary gambit.  Still, I'm jonesin' for the game so much I might actually watch the video.  I'm sure, being official, it won't give very much away other than things that should be fairly common knowledge already.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Unfortunately, it'll probably be mostly "never heard of this game before?! It's got classes, and clicking, and it's isometric! etc.!" info. I get why that is, though, as this kind of game is basically only followed heavily by "niche" gaming news, early on. So, even now, this close to release, there are crowds of people who don't really know much about it.

It's just disappointing, sort of, 'cause, as one who follows it this whole time, you kinda wish for the information released to get more and more specific. Or, you know, at least not quite so redundant to you.

I will say that this is probably the most knowledgeable I've ever been about a game before its release. Especially as early as I knew stuff. 8P. So, there's that cool bit about Kickstarter. I mean, we know about designs the game mechanics had in a working build that don't even exist in any form in the final build, :). It's kinda neat.

• Like 3

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I *did* enjoy what I saw of the beta.  ...But I still want to save a little something for the honeymoon.  ...And it just so happens that the game release happens to coincide with one of my gamer buddies being in the area, so the four of us can meet for dinner and kibitz about the game.  The wives will be *ecstatic!*

• Like 2

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

We can just pretend it was a typo, and you meant "Twomorrow."

6_u

Edited by Lephys
  • Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

4:30 PM EST is 10:30 PM CET for us Europeans.

EDIT: Might as well :)

Western America:
7th of March 13:30 (01:30 PM)

Eastern America:
7th of March 16:30 (04:30 PM)

Central Europe:
7th of March, 22:30 (10:30 PM)

Moscow:
7th of March 00:30 (00:30 AM)

Asia/Beijing:
8th of March 05:30 (05:30 AM)

Australia:
8th of March 08:30 (08:30 AM)

That should cover "most" timezones. Give or take an hour or two (or three) if you live west or east from one of these locations.

EDIT EDIT: Source: http://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 3

Australia:

8th of March 08:30 (08:30 AM)

That should cover "most" timezones. Give or take an hour or two (or three) if you live west or east from one of these locations.

EDIT EDIT: Source: http://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/

That time for Australia is for those states wise enough to observe daylight savings time. For the rest of us it's 7:30am.

I might have to check this one out. I haven't caught any of the last few months' worth of videos/previews. Basically, I've seen no video footage since the zombie-exploding-into-6-awkward-pieces trailer. 8P