DEX or PER?

Ok, for my fighter i pump up STR and another stat which is either DEX or PER.

I tried both, they both r good, and personally I'm more inclined towards PER, but since DEX benefits more for 2H weps, I'm a bit concerned that I'll be a bit slow all the way up to level 7 when armored grace becomes available. And level 7 is more than half a game since the cap is 12 and it's been stated that it won't be reached on a non-completionist walkthrough. Your thoughts, forum.

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

Hard to say right now since Dex doesn't actuallly boost attack speed with weapons (it's bugged), but on the whole I'd *probably* lean dex. Perception doesn't do much -- just a boost to interrupt chance, which is only really going to be useful for very specific builds -- while Dex should give a solid boost to attack speed, which helps anybody doing anything.

Right now I'd only suggest PER for people investing heavily in dex AND per to make dual-weild interrupt builds, but that's kinda niche.

Depends.  Are they duel wielding or going two hander?  Are you going to be in melee or at range?  If in melee will you actually be a tank or just a clean up fighter?

Assuming you want to be an actual tank in the thick of it in melee go Perception.  You will eventually get armored grace and perception increases your deflection.  Assuming you are going to be mixing it up but not a tank specifically?  Go Dex, faster attack speed (once they fix it) will be a nice little pip to your dps and you can skip armored grace altogether since you aren't a tank and surely wear lighter armor with lower penalty as a result. 

Or god forbid... go half and half.  Believe it or not Dex and Perception work REALLY well when taken together.

Dex is currently bugged, so if you are comparing Per to Dex, Perception wins out by default. Currently, you actually get slower with higher Dex, and faster with lower.

If that is fixed and the bonuses unchanged, Dexterity wins out hands down. Perception's pretty gimp once you fix the bugs.

t50aJUd.jpg

The "X may or may not be possibly useful under some arguable circumstances in dialogues"-argument is not a valid argument anywhere, because it is an unknown factor that is impossible to gauge, and all things being equal (which they are, since we don't know) they should be expected to have similar or identical overall impact.

Now, there may be roleplaying reasons why you'd choose a certain Attribute over another, but if that is so, the player will choose those anyway, independent of whether the Attribute is optimized for the character or not, and presumably presumably wouldn't ask for advice in choosing between two Attributes to being with. Which, again, makes it a moot point.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

So.... what is the latest they've told us about the Dex bug? Is it going to be fixed by release? Or is it just one of the dozens of things on the list of "known issues", which means no one knows whether or not it will be fixed any time soon?

So.... what is the latest they've told us about the Dex bug? Is it going to be fixed by release? Or is it just one of the dozens of things on the list of "known issues", which means no one knows whether or not it will be fixed any time soon?

We get to find out on release day!  Or if they release another bb and it is fixed in that.

• Like 1

We get to find out on release day!  Or if they release another bb and it is fixed in that.

Don't you just ADORE surprises? 8D

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

dex inexplicably properly adjusts spell casting speed, but not weapons.  however, at the moment, we believe increase dex actual slows weapon speed.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)