March 4th Interview with Josh Sawyer

I was perfectly happy not to have horses, which we haven't had in any of the other Fallout games at any rate, but I wouldn't have complained if they'd been in the game.  I would point out that horses consume food and water and so if they'd had them I would hope they'd make the care of your horse part of the game.  It's always a little offputting when horses are treated like windowless cars with saddles in a game.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'm glad they didn't try considering how dodgy the engine is already. Oblivion and Skyrim horses were ridiculous and theres almost never any time when a horse is better than travelling on foot.

It was nice when you were overloaded and needed to quicktravel.

But dang it was stupid how bears could run you down riding your horse.  Or maybe bears are just that fast.

I'm glad they didn't try considering how dodgy the engine is already. Oblivion and Skyrim horses were ridiculous and theres almost never any time when a horse is better than travelling on foot.

It was nice when you were overloaded and needed to quicktravel.

But dang it was stupid how bears could run you down riding your horse. Or maybe bears are just that fast.

Well bears are pretty fast, can actually run as fast and faster than a human. I'm guessing ingame they were able to run ya down because the horse was carrying the person (100 something pounds or more) along with all those 300+ pounds of spoons that u were gonna use to replace the levitate spell with all at one time....lol

Of course, bears also aren't particularly aggressive animals. The ones most likely to engage in predatory behaviour against a human aren't they giant ****-off grizzlies, they're the half-starved yearling black bears, and even those will be extremely hesitant to approach a group of three or more (to say nothing of a group of three or more people who throw fire around).

You could say that using bears as generic monsters in computer games is a bit of a bugbear for me.

jcod0.png