Pro-tip, early Arbalest/Crossbow access

Hire a level 1 adventure. Make them a ranger.

Choose culture Rautuai(Arbalest) or Old Vaila(Crossbow)

Take their gear, dismiss or kill them.

@ 250cp per, it's a steal. Can upgrade them with your starting mats as well.

Was a bit tired of making due with War Bows, this time I've got a whole party packing 4 Arbalests and 2 Crossbows from the start. The opening sneak attack focus fire is devastating.

• Like 1

How does your party justify systematically luring in laborers to kill them for a discount in weaponry? Not saying I dissapprove, just impressed with the moral flexibility.

I guess your main is a Death godlike Bleak walker paladin. Or maybe a cipher. Then you could actually force them to shoot their own arbalests right into their so-stupid-they-thought-this-was-an-easy-job faces, before you take them from their now-out-of-work dead bodies.

• Like 5

How does your party justify systematically luring in laborers to kill them for a discount in weaponry? Not saying I dissapprove, just impressed with the moral flexibility.

I guess your main is a Death godlike Bleak walker paladin. Or maybe a cipher. Then you could actually force them to shoot their own arbalests right into their so-stupid-they-thought-this-was-an-easy-job faces, before you take them from their now-out-of-work dead bodies.

My character is experiencing something like ground hog day, he keeps repeating the same ~week over and over again. Eventually he started to go mad. He's also developed an extreme hatred of beetles so he's chosen armor piercing weapons for his mercenaries to pierce their thick shells in an endless cycle of revenge.

Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey. I resent the accusation. Bleak Walkers are not blackguards. We're just.. efficient.

t50aJUd.jpg

Lol this is calling me back to the early days of Dragon Warrior and Ultima.  Go forth munchkins, go forth!  Don't forget your discount estocs and greatswords either!  The Estoc even comes with Brigandine armor!

• Like 1

That's not the only Darklands root. The whole scripted text box is straight out of Darklands too. I've actually talked with Josh Sawyer on SA about the feasibility of a Darklands remake, he apparently has ideas for one.

That would be so great. I grew up on Darklands, I SOMEHOW managed to beat it as a kid. I can't even figure out how to do that now and it's more than 20 years later.

Darklands is what got me into RPGs. I used to watch my dad play it and when I wanted to play it, he said "You wouldn't like it, it involes a lot of reading."

I then had to prove him wrong.