What would YOUR perfect party of 5 be? (Races and classes)

I'm thinking:

1: Priest                       (party healer)

- Fire Godlike         (for the DT bonus to keep the squishy priest around)

2: Fighter                    (obvious tank is obvious)

- Coastal Aumaua  (Resistance to stun)

3: Rouge                     (DPH and all dat stealth skillz)

- Hearth Orlan        (dat crit bonus + sneak attack)

4: Wizard                     (Crowd control and AoE)

- Pale Elf                 (nothing really "screamed" wizard soooo... burn and freeze resist i guess)

5: Paladin                     (second-liner and party buffing)

- Moon Godlike       (heals everyone when pally takes enough damage= aaawwww yis)

Would love to hear some feed back on what would make the best party!

What about you guys, what's your "power-five"? 

I bet "rouge" is the most-typo'd word on these forums.

rouge/rogue is way behind to/too/two, their/they're/there, your/you're, accept/except, than/then and its/it's.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

In all RPGs I try to create unconventional builds. If I can I always try to avoid damage soaking characters and instead focus on damage dealers and crowd controllers. I find it a lot more fun to play if I don't let enemies to touch me, rather than enduring their punishment. I also prefer to use most interesting companions, rather than most combat capable ones. So I guess my power-five will be:

* My character - witty, compulsive liar rogue

* Very opinionated person, but not a goody two-shoes

* Someone funny and charismatic

* Someone that kills people for a living (bounty hunter, assassin, etc.)

* Kleptomaniac

Hopefully there will be at least one companion from my list!

Edited by Fluffsy

Just keepin ya on you're toes! ;)

as an individual with near crippling dyslexia, am suspecting that Gromnir writes rouge and rogue interchangeable without even realizing it, and 99% o' the time our reading o' the word will depend on context rather than spelling.

HA! Good Fun! 

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I thought they'd added a cosmetician class to the game.  Seriously, I like the party, although I'm digging the idea of a Homeresque chanter.  So, in that case I would think about replacing the Pally.  I'll reserve the real choice for when I get my grubby hands on the game.  ...Or I might Replace the Paladin with a half-orc barbarian named Gromnir il Khan.  You never know.  :Cant's tongue in cheek grin icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

we will observe that our perfect party o' five would likely use all six slots, and there would be no room for neve campbell who made an art form outta mouth-breathing long before kristen stewart got her first starring role. that being said, am far more concerned with the companions than with power, but if we can't get a satisfactory stealthy trap disarming guy using obsidian's joinable npcs, we may needs make one o' our own.  as of this moment, our main is likely to be a dual flail wielding hearth orlan priest o' eothas. if we need a stealthy trap guy too, chances are we go with a poleaxe wielding hearth orlan rogue.

gizmo and stripe?

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

Hey, when did they put cyborgs in the game?!  In terms of races, I think I'll stick to elves, humans, and whatever the runt species is called.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Perfect party in terms of min/max or my personal feelings? Because I could totally go for a party full of Godlike Bleak Walkers of varying flavours.

I bet "rouge" is the most-typo'd word on these forums.

rouge/rogue is way behind to/too/two, their/they're/there, your/you're, accept/except, than/then and its/it's.

HA! Good Fun!

I bet that's just by frequency of use. There's a whole lot more attempts at except than rogue, methinks.

t50aJUd.jpg

Full Amamua Barbarian party for the lulz, and i will charge everything, deers and critters included

Btw, i will go for classic, melee frontline (Warrior and Paladin), Rogue\Ranger  midline and casters backline (Wizard and maybe chanter)

• Like 1

Rouge was a typo about thirty years ago, and was so hilarious that we're still cracking the joke.

I think there are more typos of people accidentally typing "rogue" than "rouge".

• Like 1

I'm going to poll beta-veteran people about what the weakest classes, weapons, talents, whatever are, and beat the game in Path of the Damned with those. Then after I'm finished, and new balance patches are out, do the same with Ironman added.

• Like 1

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

Rouge was a typo about thirty years ago, and was so hilarious that we're still cracking the joke.

I think there are more typos of people accidentally typing "rogue" than "rouge".

Rouge sitting on a turrent in a hanger - it is cannon. 

Internets (and game forums) are all made of misspellings.

Elf Cyborg

Elf Cyborg

Elf Cyborg

Elf Cyborg

Elf Cyborg

I, for one, will avoid elves as much as possible. There is not a single race in fantasy/sci-fi I hate more. Damn emo/withdrawn/look at my feels knife-eared dandelion-eaters with usually OP racial bonuses (to add insult to injury) wink.png

I'm still offended by Colin McComb non-appology :p

As for my perfect party - 6 Island Aumaua (2 fighters/4 rogues) with lots of firearms.

Edited by Veevoir
  • Like 1