Here is my first video of a series of video of the Backer Beta for those w/o BB access!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P8SjfrbobE

Hi, I'm starting a series of Backer Beta videos that are very basic for those without Beta Access. If you have access to the beta, these videos will serve you no purpose. 

This first video I go over the races and subraces in PoE and my thoughts on them. 

My next video will be a general class overview of the 11 classes in the game, and a look at their starting spells and abilities and my general opinions of them. I'm in the process of uploading this as I type this so hopefully it'll be out in a couple of hours or so.

The next video will be taking a look at the game mechanics under the cyclopedia in-game to get people up to speed on all the intricacies of the combat system and game mechanics in general.

Feedback is welcome.

This is my first take on recording footage ever and my first time uploading a video. I apologize for my horrible, raspy voice. I'm looking to improve on that front for my next videos.

Edited by TrueMenace
  • Like 5

Calibrating...

I just watched your first video.

It's pretty alright, but a lot of times you come off longwinded and like you have nothing to say. Preparing the text beforehand and just reading it would help. If you did that you would've had time to show male race models as well and not just females.

Gonna watch the rest later on.

Thanks for the video!

Those are some very thorough videos on character creation! Cheers for uploading them!

No problem guys. Keep on the lookout for more videos from me very soon.

Calibrating...

I just watched your first video.

It's pretty alright, but a lot of times you come off longwinded and like you have nothing to say. Preparing the text beforehand and just reading it would help. If you did that you would've had time to show male race models as well and not just females.

Gonna watch the rest later on.

Thanks for the feedback. Totally agree. There's just a lot to talk about so I apologize. This is my first time making videos.

Here is a quick video of the male race/subrace models.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB2R6ZPMJSo

Calibrating...

About the cipher video - yes, you are missing something about lvl VI powers original.gif

The Amplified Wave (prone cone) knocks everybody in the AOE range prone for 4 seconds! (and thats base). THats in addition to damage. It got hit quite hard by the nerf bat though, the damage and duration was bigger/longer if I remember correctly.

Disintegration - when a character has endurance reduced to 0 they start taking health damage.(they are not dead like you claimed in the video). If they lose all the health they are dead.
Disintegration skips the health part, making it quite powerful - in your combat overview video your monk had 49 endurance and 290 health.

This skill makes him "lol you dead" in 2 seconds

as for mind plague (or mind fcuk).. The power does the following to 1+5 (!) enemies for base 18 (!!!) seconds. Now read the effect and tell me again it is weak :D
Dazed:
–2 Intellect
–2 Perception
–2 Dexterity
–10 Melee Accuracy
x0.85 Attack Speed
–10 Ranged Accuracy
Confused: once per 6 seconds character chooses an action: act normal,attack ally, wander around, do nothing

Edit: ok, it is weak for a 6th lvl power, I'd rather cast ringleader on them and make them force attack each other one by one wink.png
I think this power exist solely for the Led Zeppelin reference. Shame it doesn't last for 6 minutes :D

Edited by Veevoir
  • Like 1

About the cipher video - yes, you are missing something about lvl VI powers original.gif

The Amplified Wave (prone cone) knocks everybody in the AOE range prone for 4 seconds! (and thats base). THats in addition to damage. It got hit quite hard by the nerf bat though, the damage and duration was bigger/longer if I remember correctly.

Disintegration - when a character has endurance reduced to 0 they start taking health damage.(they are not dead like you claimed in the video). If they lose all the health they are dead.

Disintegration skips the health part, making it quite powerful - in your combat overview video your monk had 49 endurance and 290 health.

This skill makes him "lol you dead" in 2 seconds

as for mind plague (or mind fcuk).. The power does the following to 1+5 (!) enemies for base 18 (!!!) seconds. Now read the effect and tell me again it is weak :D

Dazed:

–2 Intellect

–2 Perception

–2 Dexterity

–10 Melee Accuracy

x0.85 Attack Speed

–10 Ranged Accuracy

Confused: once per 6 seconds character chooses an action: act normal,attack ally, wander around, do nothing

Edit: ok, it is weak for a 6th lvl power, I'd rather cast ringleader on them and make them force attack each other one by one wink.png

I think this power exist solely for the Led Zeppelin reference. Shame it doesn't last for 6 minutes :D

Ok when an enemy's endurance reaches 0, they aren't knocked down like a party member would be? They just start taking health damage I presume? Ok that makes a bit more sense. And yea I forgot what Dazed does, there's crap ton of stuff behind each affliction and it's hard to remember what exactly lol.

Thanks for clarification! Much appreciated!

Calibrating...

Well, about health and endurance - you read the very passage how it works in your combat mechanics video :D

In general - after losing endurance you start taking health damage. Endurance damage heals quickly, health only when resting/special circumstances. No other effect that I know of.
If you lose health though (and not playing with health=0=death) then you are knock down til the end of the fight and then wake up with 1 HP and injury.

And on that note: keep up the good work!

Edited by Veevoir
  • Like 1

In general - after losing endurance you start taking health damage. Endurance damage heals quickly, health only when resting/special circumstances. No other effect that I know of.

If you lose health though (and not playing with health=0=death) then you are knock down til the end of the fight and then wake up with 1 HP and injury.

... I'm not sure that's accurate. You're supposed to take damage to both Health AND Endurance simultaneously. When you run out of Endurance, you're "downed"/incapacitated. When you run out of Health, you're maimed or dead, depending on settings.

You just have at least 3 times (and up to 8 times, I think, depending on class) as much Health as you have Endurance. So, even if you have, say, 100 Endurance, and someone smashes the crap out of you for 100 damage, you'd still have at least 200 Health left, but you'd be unconscious/incapacitated. You could get back up and take that same hit in two more combat encounters before being either maimed or dead.

Your Health pool doesn't remain untouched until your Endurance hits 0.

• Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

... I'm not sure that's accurate. You're supposed to take damage to both Health AND Endurance simultaneously. When you run out of Endurance, you're "downed"/incapacitated. When you run out of Health, you're maimed or dead, depending on settings.

You just have at least 3 times (and up to 8 times, I think, depending on class) as much Health as you have Endurance. So, even if you have, say, 100 Endurance, and someone smashes the crap out of you for 100 damage, you'd still have at least 200 Health left, but you'd be unconscious/incapacitated. You could get back up and take that same hit in two more combat encounters before being either maimed or dead.

Your Health pool doesn't remain untouched until your Endurance hits 0.

Yes I believe that's how it does indeed work. Some classes have bigger endurance-to-health modifiers if I recall correctly because they have bigger HP pools (a good example is a fighter in this instance). 

So how does this play into the 'Disintegration' spell? An enemy will get downed when their endurance reaches 0, but what's the point of them "disintegrating"? If you knock an entire group of enemies down to 0 endurance you win the fight essentially. If your whole party reaches 0 endurance (aka; everyone is knocked down) it's game over.

Calibrating...

Disintegration does damage. There are no save or die skills/spells in the game.

As for endurance reaching 0, endurance regenerates during combat and you can heal endurance. However, the amount of endurance regeneration is still dependent on health. So for example, if a character has 50 endurance and 100 health, they can still only take 100 points of damage no matter how fast their endurance regeneration is or how much you heal their endurance.

I'm not really sure how enemies' Health/Endurance stuff will work. I don't know if foes have the same "I'll 'revive' you because you're unconscious in the midst of battle" abilities or anything, or if they'll essentially just have one type of Health instead of 2, and at 0 they're simply dead. *shrug*

Perhaps someone else can help us out on that.

I will say that, regardless, unless Disintegrate actually does more than just down someone, it's a bit silly for it to be named "disintegrate."

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u