What are you playing while waiting for PoE to come out?

Right now playing Assassins Creed Black Flag and getting

bored of it, knowing PoE is coming out in less then two weeks.

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

I bailed on Darkest Dungeon because I couldn't get over the level 3 lull, and want to leave some of it for when they actually finish the game.

Picked up XCOM:EU and EW on steam, so I've been running through that. As someone who's first PC game was Terror from the Deep, I think EU/EW is actually a good update and while it loses some nice aspects of the originals it is infinitely less frustrating and drags on less.

Right now playing Assassins Creed Black Flag and getting

bored of it, knowing PoE is coming out in less then two weeks.

The multiplayer in that is SO FUN! Especially with a friend. I hate that they took it out of Unity (it only has some other co-op mode).

But, yeah, Black Flag is super fun, but gets old pretty fast. You become easily the best ship in the sea after about 10 hours or so. I heard rumors Ubisoft's working on another pirate/ship game based on the ship gameplay from Black Flag, but that it won't be an Assassin's Creed game. That could be cool, if the ship gameplay was taken much further, 8P

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I wouldn't say I'm exaclty waiting for PoE. I mean, I have pre-ordered it and I'll start playing it at some point soon after release, possibly the same day or the next day after release, but what matters is that it's coming at some point and we all get to enjoy it, because it's the kind of game that doesn't age easily and I'm not in a rush to get it into my hands to devour it. Overhype is a dangerous monster, and it's known to make great games into okayish ones just because not even the best game of gaming history could meet an overhyped person's dreamy expectations.

In any case, right now I'm enjoying some Resident Evil Revelations 2, and when I'm done I might give a go to the latest The Darkest Dungeon build to see if they've added something nice ever since I finished all their available content a couple of months ago.

Edited by Emerwyn

BG2 playthrough... again.  Now I just need to plow through spellhold and the underdark (worst parts of the game, personally), then tidy up some dragons and finish it.  Maybe even finish throne of boring for once.  

I did pick up sid meier's Starships, but I'm less than an hour in and I've already broken it. (almost maxed out lasers by the end of game turn 2)  Game has zero depth- don't come out from behind cover combat turn 1, vaporize enemies turn 2.  Wait longer if they aren't in reach on turn 2.

I bailed on Darkest Dungeon because I couldn't get over the level 3 lull, and want to leave some of it for when they actually finish the game.

Picked up XCOM:EU and EW on steam, so I've been running through that. As someone who's first PC game was Terror from the Deep, I think EU/EW is actually a good update and while it loses some nice aspects of the originals it is infinitely less frustrating and drags on less.

Once you will complete the unmodded game (i recommend doing that) You just have to get the LongWar mod. Simply habe to.

If you want to see the gamplay i highly recommend a guy called Beaglerush. He is 2 5h episodes into the game on Firaxis Tuesday fiveoclock.

After you finish a game or two, I suggest picking up the Long War mod, adds a lot of depth, changes the game from a couple days to a couple weeks. I wouldn't say it is inherently better, but it does add a nice fresh twist to game.

EDIT - Haha, I am a Johnny Come Lately on the comment there after Darkpriest. 

Edited by DCParry

I´m playing Wasteland 2 right now and loving it. The background, those hilarious dialogues, the turn-based gameplay...I missed the old times with this kind of games :)

When I can´t play for so much time then I try to ge A+ con Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, nothing better to relax!

Once you will complete the unmodded game (i recommend doing that) You just have to get the LongWar mod. Simply habe to.

If you want to see the gamplay i highly recommend a guy called Beaglerush. He is 2 5h episodes into the game on Firaxis Tuesday fiveoclock.

Oddly enough, I downloaded the LongWar mod at the same time and contemplated firing it up from the off. Eventually I decided not to and I'm actually glad I left it. I don't doubt that it's an excellent mod, but part of the charm of EU/EW is that it drags on substantially less than the originals did. Currently I have the means to start the final EU level, and am contemplating bailing on the EW section and just ticking the completion box.

Been thinking about firing up a BG1 playthrough, since its been a while since I've done one of those.

Just finished Hotline Miami 1 (not the new one), and it was great. Anyone know if the new one is good? I read mixed reviews. Biggest gripe is that enemies are too far away and level design is not up to par as the first.

Calibrating...