What are you playing while waiting for PoE to come out?

I actually kind of liked Miranda's character. I didn't expect to, when you first meet her she is kind of a jerk but then she completely changes and becomes cool once you get the new Normandy for some reason. But her outfit just made no sense for her character, even in a universe where everybody wears skin tight outfits. She was very intelligent and competent and commanded respect (hell it was even a game mechanic). So her 'femme fatale' outfit made no sense. She never even attempted to use sex to control anybody. And Bioware made it worse by having other characters lampshade their own silly pandering.

Anyway at least we got an internet meme out of it.

• Like 2

I lost a big chunk of 2009 or thereabouts to Dwarf Fortress. There were some pretty hilarious bugs there at the time, like dwarves catching fire, then going to bed to get better which set the bed on fire, which set the next dwarf who went to sleep in it on fire, and son on.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Well entire trilogy actually ;)

That's a hard one - i consider Mass Effect as the game with the best companions ever (or at least in top 5) s

But i'll try:

Mass Effect: Urdnot Wrex (Garrus on second place) and Liara as the best Romance option

Mass Effect 2: Grunt, Thane, Legion, Jack (on further places Mordin and Garrus) best romance option: Jack or Liara

Mass Effect 3: Garrus, Javik, Liara, Vega

Whats yours types?

ME 1: Garrus, Wrex, Ashley, Tali

ME 2: Garrus, Thane, Tali

ME 3: Garrus, Tali, Ashley

I loved most of the companions honestly, but my least favorites are by far Jacob and Vega (stereotypical and uninspired).

Garrus is my bro, calibratin' all day 'er day.

Wow!... I'd never guess you liked Garrus that much :p (joking ;) )

gv_by_mademoiselle_anna-d6vrj0q.png'

Badass.

Garrus is a badass - yes. I loved him from the moment we met till the very end. While his "calibrations" thing is iconic, I for one love the few last moments the most. The "bar in heaven" part is by far the most memorable (along with Javik's "visiting the graves of fallen comrades for one last time".) Shepard is waiting for him at the bar in whatever afterlife there is and I bet he wont mind buying.

Ahhh...  Topics like this always come down to Mass Effect stories.  Best ever.  It's one of those games that makes you write a note to yourself to play in the rare event you suffer that blow to the head and get amnesia, just so you can experience it for the first time all over again.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 1

Played Dragon Age Inquisition  when it came out and  then Metro Last Light.  Have been taking a break from gaming for a little while.  Want to feel fresh and ready to go deep with PofE.  Just read R. Scott Bakker's "The Darkness that comes before".  Good stuff.  Will start the second book as soon as it arrives.

If you are interested in mindless fun before PoE, worth mentioning Unreal Tournament 4 is in pre alpha and available for download at the moment. It is incredibly playable for a pre alpha and brings back plenty of memories from, funnily enough, the Infinity Engine era, even if UT is a slightly different genre ;).

Project Zomboid. Was already having a blast and just dumped on a bunch of mods and new map areas making an excellent game even better. Guess I will be able to continue to hold off on Wasteland 2 until the game of the year edition comes out. Was going to finally play WL2 to warm up for Pillars but I'm all in on Project Zomboid at the moment which is great and filling my spare time very nicely.