What are you playing while waiting for PoE to come out?

Hey everyone.

As I'm impatiently waiting for PoE to come out I keep thinking of what games should I play until March 26th. It will be very long 4 weeks and the closer the date the less interested I am in the other games. I'm currently thinking about starting a NWN2 - Mysteries of Westgate campaign, since I have never played it, but heard very positive feedback about.

I also wonder what games you guys play to pass the time until we can engorge ourselves in this upcoming game.

Hey everyone.

As I'm impatiently waiting for PoE to come out I keep thinking of what games should I play until March 26th. It will be very long 4 weeks and the closer the date the less interested I am in the other games. I'm currently thinking about starting a NWN2 - Mysteries of Westgate campaign, since I have never played it, but heard very positive feedback about.

I also wonder what games you guys play to pass the time until we can engorge ourselves in this upcoming game.

I'm taking relatively feeble stabs at the PSP version of Tactics Ogre. 

• Like 1

May Kickstarter be with you and all your stretch goals achieved. 

Reacently finished Valkyria Chronicles 2. Now i've started playing Drakensang The Dark Eye and from time to time im making havoc in Mount&Blade Warband - Viking Conquest ;) If i finish Drakensang with still long way to go to 26th im gonna play either Valkyria Chronicles 3 or Tales of Eternia.

Baldur's Gate is the only game I'm playing steadily at the moment, with a no-reload quest near the end. If the party should survive that, I'll go on to Baldur's Gate II.

I had been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition, which didn't have quite as many or the same problems as I thought it would, but I finished that last month. Also still slogging my way through Mass Effect 3, because I prefer to finish games once I start them, even if it's making me grit my teeth fairly often. There's a distinct possibility I'll eventually give up on that one, though.

I'm also planning on picking Rome II: Total War up again, having waited (hopefully) long enough for it to be patched to the point that it's not crashing every fifteen minutes. On that note, I'm still playing Empire: Total War every now and then, having not yet actually finished a campaign (the period simply doesn't appeal to me particularly much, nor do guns in strategy games, so it keeps getting shunted aside for other games).

That's about it. I keep meaning to pick up Fallout again, but I haven't yet, and I keep meaning to try The Witcher (it's sitting on my hard disk, anyhow), but I haven't yet. I'll leave 'em until after Pillars of Eternity.

Edit: Oh yeah, and as usual, Unreal Tournament 2004 and rogue as the mood strikes me.

Edited by Remmirath
  • Like 1

knightofchaoss.jpg

At the moment I finished playing though the Baldur's Gate saga so I'm ready for Pillars of Eternity when it releases, yet to play the Enhanced Editions. Just

started Mass Effect 3 for pc (I finished Mass Effect 2 about the sometime I finished Baldur's Gate 1 and 2). For Xbox 360 I'm playing Red Dead Redemption.

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.

I just discovered this game and despite its strange name, it is the best damn roguelike I have played

I just took a tengu air elementalist to level 27...  I usually tire out on my character... got four runes but didn't go for zot.  I have to save scumm...

Other then that,  my love/hate dota relationship keeps on going...  I think I've installed/deleted/reinstalled it 5 times in the last 5 months.

@Morality I did like that game quite a bit, a lot of the terrible random mechanics from LUACT were tossed. LUACT still my fav (of TO/OB) though for challenge/story.

I'm playing BG:EE. Fun. All evil, Dorn/Vic/Shar Teel/ Kagain/ Neera. I like evil even though there's rarely a choice to be full blown evil. Kagain in mid-late game is a monster. Can't get over how bad Shar Teel proficiencies are tho. Basically forces dual wield on you.

Can't wait for PoE!

Er... Kingdom Hearts 2.5. Anyone? ... Anyone?

But almost done building my new computer! Hopping back on the computer gaming train after almost a decade. I find it rather convenient that it lines up nicely with PoE's release.

Aaaaand I have Wasteland 2, Divinity, PoE, then Tides. Not to mention many games I never played because they were PC exclusive or I felt they'd be much better there (New Vegas, for example). The future is bright indeed.

I'm playing some Age of Wonders 3, a turn-based strategy game made by small Dutch indy company Triumph Studios. Not many decent turn-based strategy games out there anymore, but I really love this one.

Sins of a Solar Empire with the Star Trek: Armada 3 mod. It's pretty much one of the best Star Trek games ever.

Homeworld Remastered. It's pretty good but they pretty much remade Homeworld 1 with the Homeworld 2 engine. While that does fix some exploits, it also introduced some problems. The formations don't work with fighters and corvettes and the hard counters make certain campaign missions much more difficult.

I was playing Darkest Dungeon but I decided to stop because I've leveled up my heroes too much so I don't want to get burned out before the full game comes out.

Finished playing DAI - which was a major let down, though I should have seen that coming... Now playing Kotor 1 & 2 - hopefully will finish just as I download Pillars! Then the Witcher 3. Though I am concerned about that as well.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Icewind Dale II.

For the first time, believe it or not.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Darkest Dungeon

And how is the game for you? I tried it but it got boring real quick.

Skyrim with overhaul/difficulty mods (makes it feel like a completely different game).

Which mods would be those? I have been tempted to play through Skyrim, since I didn't finish any of the DLC content, but the game is too easy for my taste and I can't be bothered.

Hotline Maimi 2 is coming up so Its gona distract me before the release

Edited by ruzen

Kana - "Sorry. It seems I'm not very good at raising spirits." Kana winces. "That was unintentional."

I'm playing Underrail. If you don't know about it I suggest you look it up. I especially recommend it to Tim Cain ;)

I think the best qualities for a game which should take your mind off another game which you are waiting to be released would be that the game you're playing to distract you from waiting should be 1) very immersive and 2) sharing very little in common with the game you are waiting for. Underrail is superb in both regards. And it's also a preposteously cheap game in terms of price. Would be a shame to skip it if you are an RPG player. Romaceable mutants are not yet confirmed though, so be advised.

Edited by Gairnulf

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png