Since the last beta update, Dyford village looks really darker at night (before it was a lot brighter) and it is magical and AWESOME.

I really hope that every area will have the same treatment !!!

Edited by Mazisky

Bah nights should be bright as day like they are in real life  happy0203.gif

Should the days be dark as night like they are in real life, too?

db0a3ab8e6bfe7edbaf935f081b1cce1.jpg

I'm happy I don't live north of the polar circle …

• Like 3

Fnord.

Bah nights should be bright as day like they are in real life  happy0203.gif

Should the days be dark as night like they are in real life, too?

db0a3ab8e6bfe7edbaf935f081b1cce1.jpg

I'm happy I don't live north of the polar circle …

Of course  :devil:

• Like 1

The game takes place in the equator, so no extremes tongue.png

Well, at least that'll provide some reason for the (presumably) very fast change between day and night. Up here in the north dusk and dawn can last a very long time, so day and night sort of creep up on you, at least in summer. In contrast, visiting countries to the south I get the impression that the sun can be high up in the sky, and if I sneeze it may have set before my eyes open again. So sort of like the Baldur's Gate games, where there's this cutscene and now the day/night cycle has switched.

• Like 1

Fnord.

Baldur' s Gate cycle was visually beautiful and PoE is good too, even if some places are too bright at night (the rainy map with lions, for example)

I would like to see darker nights

Edited by Mazisky

The game takes place in the equator, so no extremes tongue.png

Well, at least that'll provide some reason for the (presumably) very fast change between day and night. Up here in the north dusk and dawn can last a very long time, so day and night sort of creep up on you, at least in summer. In contrast, visiting countries to the south I get the impression that the sun can be high up in the sky, and if I sneeze it may have set before my eyes open again. So sort of like the Baldur's Gate games, where there's this cutscene and now the day/night cycle has switched.

Now that you mentioned... It would be cool if games that took place in north regions of their world (like Skyrim for example) had similar day/night cycles to our world. Although that would assume the game takes place in a particular season so it would be either longer days or longer nights... hmmm don't know...

btw, although I live in the Mediterranean and day/night hours are relatively equal throughout the year, I'd perefere an equator like day/night cycle where day and night are 12 hours each. Or at least the summer-time day/night of my region to be the whole year long :p  - I hate it in winter when the sun sets around 17:30 :p

Edited by Sedrefilos

This is how the village looked at night before last beta build, TOO BRIGHT

skyiav.jpg

This is how it looked after the last beta patch, PERFECT

t4u7gk.jpg

I hope that all areas will be tuned this way.

• Like 6

Well - PoE takes place on imaginary planet full of magic - so all things could be possible - green moonlight during day, purple sunlight during night and 3rd time of day unknown on Earth (Persona - Dark Hour xP).

True - looks A LOT better now. I'm sure that it applies to all areas. After all they are all living under the same sky xP