DD dual wield fighter vs DD dual wield rogue.

mrmonocle

I opt for the fighter and that's why:

While a rogue can potentially be better dpswise (especially at higher levels), a fighter is more durable (endurance perks) and can wear a higher DT armor without penalties (armored grace). Fighter also requires much less control on the battlefield and his per encounter knock down rocks! Rogue is much thinner that the fighter so you'll rest a lot more should you decide to go melee with your rogue.

To balance them a bit, i think they should make "Shadowing beyond" a per encounter ability instead of per rest. This will give the rogue the edge in mobility he's lacking now to make a full fledged dualwield DD.

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

If what you're really concerned about is combat mobility then the safer solution would be to give Escape a couple more uses instead of buffing something that becomes a pretty nasty damage ability when combined with the Backstab talent. Also, I must say that I'm not really too concerned about dual wield rogues being flimsy without talent investments in defense and/or a backup shield or ranged attack weapon swap. Rogues have an awful lot of inherent damage potential and can rather easily afford to be built or played more conservatively than most other classes.

Duel Wield Rogue will do more damage, no doubt.  But they will be higher maintenance in the extreme and will be paper champions.  If they get any aggro at all and aren't pulled out super fast they will drop like a rock.  So it comes down to one question.

Do you want more micro management but slightly better damage with lower room for error.

Or do you want slightly lower damage, but less micro and the ability to let your Duel Wielder get a little aggro and take it?

Personally I prefer the fighter for duel wielding too, it is too easy from a rogue to drop I like them better at range.

Fighters should go for 2handers. Longer reach and higher damage per hit is better with the current DT system.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I haven't played the BB yet, is there a skill that makes a player super dodgy? I wanted to play something that was super fast attacking and dodged a lot. Wasn't sure if the rogue was for me or not?

There is no dodgy class. Deflection is the primary defense for avoiding damage, and it's highest with a shield. Without a shield, you'd be hard pressed to get it over 60. 

You might consider a monk for your class. Unarmed, they attack very quickly. But their abilities are fueled by taking damage. Rogues are extremely fragile and really should not be engaged in melee at all.

• Like 1

First thing I thought when I saw this was what about the Barbarian duel wielder - I'm thinking he/she comes down in the middle less micro and vulnerability than the rogue but not as tanky as the fighter type. 

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Whether dual wield barbarians are really less micro intensive depends a bit on the level of efficacy you're willing to settle for and how open you are to dabbling in other weapon setups with your rogue. Barbarians have a bigger health pool and mind getting beat down as much as rogues do but they're also a bit less accurate and most of their advantages don't really apply to ranged attacks. By contrast, rogues are pretty good at just standing back with a gun or arbalest and nailing people until an obvious melee target presents itself. 

Edited by Whipstitch

off topic, but do we buy ammo or arrows, or is it infinite?

No ammo arrows or bolts yet - maybe some specialty ammo will appear in later editions

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...