Can't quicksave in Trial of Iron

Bazy

Are... uhm.. are you being serious? It's kinda hard to tell, honestly.

It's.. It's Ironman Mode.

Power outages. Computer crashes. etc... 

Just because I'm playing in Ironman mode doesn't mean I don't want to save my progress in case **** happens. 

I realize that, but that's the way Ironman Mode works. As someone on a rig with all the stability of the Hindenburg ferrying matchsticks, this is one of the primary reasons I never play Ironman Mode in any game. If it allowed you to save whenever, it wouldn't be Ironman.

Some games allow you to autosave, but even that is often avoided because it's easy to kill the process and reload if something goes wrong.

t50aJUd.jpg

If it allowed you to save whenever, it wouldn't be Ironman.

That doesn't make sense. You already can save anywhere. You just can't quicksave. 

Or can you only save in certain locations...? cause that would be awesome. 

Edited by Bazy

Are... uhm.. are you being serious? It's kinda hard to tell, honestly.

It's.. It's Ironman Mode.

Just because I'm playing in Ironman mode doesn't mean I don't want to save my progress in case **** happens. 

You can backup your ironsave if you're really worried.. actually a good idea considering all the save/load issues in the beta. 

But it sounds like you just want to save scum. May I suggest Normal Difficulty? 

• Like 1

You don't need more than one save for that. You just need it to save often. Like the new XCOM game. In Ironman Mode, it saves after every single thing you do, pretty much. So, if your game crashes (I've had that happen), then you've only missed out on like a minute of gameplay that you have to redo, because you've still got your last save.

The only remaining threat I can think of is save file corruption. But, it may be that games nowadays doing Ironman Mode actually retain the information of 2 saves, only 1 of which you can ever get to. They could leapfrog each other, and always show up as "THE" save. So, if one got corrupted, you'd still only have to replay minimal content.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

You don't need more than one save for that. You just need it to save often. Like the new XCOM game. In Ironman Mode, it saves after every single thing you do, pretty much. So, if your game crashes (I've had that happen), then you've only missed out on like a minute of gameplay that you have to redo, because you've still got your last save.

Yah that's what I was hoping for with being able to quicksave. Without a quicksave/autosave option you have to manually save... which I rarely do. And when you do so in Trial of Iron it boots you to the main screen. 

I am sorry but this is hilarious... obviously it will boot you beacuse the only manual save appears when you are quiting the session.... thats the whole point of it. Other than that there are some autosave points (i have no idea how it works though but i would expect them after every combat/dialog sequence/area transition/rest.)

If you want to play with manual quicksaves just play normal mode. If i recall correctly trials of iron in itself does not change anything aside of ironman mode function. The difficulty is set seperately.