How Obsidian pissed me off!

You see, I like this game a lot. But unfortunately I'm too "late" to the party as backing is not possible anymore. Which mean, I can't get the physical copy of the collector's edition of the game. I did hear about the crowdfunding of this game, in fact I still believe that I was one of earliest people to know about it right after it was announced. The problem at that time was that I don't have credit card, paypal, cash, etc hence why I didn't pledge when it was still possible. And now when I'm capable of pledging, it's already closed. It really pissed me off. I'm a hardcore collector and not having the collector's edition of the game that I truly love and adore is really sad. So, I don't know what to do anymore and I bet that there will be some douchebag selling the collector's edition on ebay for ridiculous amount of price after its release.

:shrugz:

I am......sorry for your loss?

It's at times like these you have to remember that video games are a privelage, not a right.  Life gets in the way and sometimes it leads us to outcomes that just don't sit well with us. 

But I bet maybe, JUST maybe if you try really hard and ask really nicely there may be a saint out there who would be willing to sell you his collectors edition.  It may be at a slight premium, but it's better than the outrageous markup one might see elsewhere.   Best of luck.

• Like 1

It's "already closed"?  That kickstarter was in 2012.  You couldn't have gotten in touch with Obsidian and explained the problem sometime in 2012 (or 2013 or 2014) and seen how they could have helped you out or given you some sort of option?

Sorry you missed the boat but I think you had plenty of time to get the problem addressed.

Anyway I hope somebody can help you out.

Edited by Valmy
  • Like 5

It's "already closed"?  That kickstarter was in 2012.  You couldn't have gotten in touch with Obsidian and explained the problem sometime in 2012 (or 2013 or 2014) and seen how they could have helped you out or given you some sort of option?

Sorry you missed the boat but I think you had plenty of time to get the problem addressed.

Anyway I hope somebody can help you out.

Ikr but back then I didn't know that the game will have a collector's edition. So I didn't hurry up but now its too late. I don't know what else should I do in order to get one. Sad.

Apologies mate but if you knew about the Kickstarter, you knew about the collector's edition. It was there from day one.

I too couldn't back during the campaign as I had just gotten my first job. I pledged as a Slacker Backer shortly after it ended and made peace with the fact I wouldn't get the goodies. Then Obsidian offered the possibility to upgrade one's pledge for a fairly long time and I managed to get all I wanted.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

You see, I like this game a lot. But unfortunately I'm too "late" to the party as backing is not possible anymore. Which mean, I can't get the physical copy of the collector's edition of the game. I did hear about the crowdfunding of this game, in fact I still believe that I was one of earliest people to know about it right after it was announced. The problem at that time was that I don't have credit card, paypal, cash, etc hence why I didn't pledge when it was still possible. And now when I'm capable of pledging, it's already closed. It really pissed me off. I'm a hardcore collector and not having the collector's edition of the game that I truly love and adore is really sad. So, I don't know what to do anymore and I bet that there will be some douchebag selling the collector's edition on ebay for ridiculous amount of price after its release.

So you should be pissed at yourself - not Obsidian ...

Oh come on.  They only have so many resources.  You have to figure they contract an outside company to finish the physical goods as soon as they know how many they need for X amount of money.  Then all effort goes into making the game. 

No company they contract will want to do a few CE's here and there.  Once they're gone, they're gone.

I missed out too and would love it if they opened up another pledge where if they got so many commitments on a number of orders, they'd do a second run of CE's.  But whatever, I'll live.

• 5 months later...

have you managed to buy a copy yet?

After my realization that White March has the same XP reward problem, I don't even have the drive to launch game anymore because I hated so much reaching Twin Elms with a level cap in vanilla PoE that I don't wish to relive that experience.

• 2 weeks later...