Wanna bet? How many inns will be in the game?

The true number is Inn doubt...

:lol:

That really made me laugh...and I'm still laughing :lol:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The answer is 1.

"Pillars of EterNity." 8)

If only this thread were trying to guess the number of exits to all the inns, as well. Then, it could simply be titled "The Inns and Outs of PoE." 6_u

• Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

The true number is Inn doubt...

My burning question is related: how many outs will be in the game?

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

There were at least 7 inns outside of the city of Baldur's Gate and at least 6 inside. Pretty sure there was more than that but I just did a quick check.

So I'm going to go with at least 12, given there are supposed to be two cities.

I'll be disappointed if it's much less than that.

Edited by Valsuelm

If it's similar to BGII in scope (and I have no idea if it is) there'll be probably around 12 inns. Maybe more. BGII had about 1 in in every area of the city, some even had 2. That makes easily 6 for one city. Now if there are 2 such mega cities... and I expect every small settlement to have an inn as well... So yes, at least 12 - if it is orienting itself relatively close to the scope of BGII which I now nothing about.

I personally don't care that much about it, I'm good if the inns in the game are distributed relatively evenly throughout the game world, so players don't have to walk for ages until they reach one. But I would be very surprised if OE would do something like cluttering all inns into the same area. :D

Putting lines on the bet?

I don't know just how much Sensuki knows about the inns from looking into the game files --thereby potentially spoiling the lines, but we know that 5 inns were backed on Kickstarter, and maybe 1 through Paypal.

Therefore the over/under itself has to be 7.

I'll take the under at 6.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

There were at least 7 inns outside of the city of Baldur's Gate and at least 6 inside. Pretty sure there was more than that but I just did a quick check.

So I'm going to go with at least 12, given there are supposed to be two cities.

I'll be disappointed if it's much less than that.

Are you sure? I can remember 1 on Beregost, 1 on Naskell, the Friendly Arm Inn and a couple on Badlur's Gate city! What else?

Candlekeep has Winthrop's

Friendly Arm Inn is obvious

Beregost has Feldepost's, Jovial Juggler, Burning Wizard and the Red Sheaf

Nashkel has the Nashkel Inn and the Burning Dragon Tavern

Baldur's Gate has the Helm and Cloak, Blade and Stars, Blushing Mermaid, Three Old Kegs, Elfsong, Low Lantern, Spurlging Sturgeon

Ulgoth's Beard has an Inn too

• Like 2

^^You could also kip on the floor in the Shop of Silence for 1gp ;)

Edit: Maybe that counts as a B&B (Bed & Break. Fast) or a hostel instead...

Edited by Silent Winter
  • Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Candlekeep has Winthrop's

Friendly Arm Inn is obvious

Beregost has Feldepost's, Jovial Juggler, Burning Wizard and the Red Sheaf

Nashkel has the Nashkel Inn and the Burning Dragon Tavern

Baldur's Gate has the Helm and Cloak, Blade and Stars, Blushing Mermaid, Three Old Kegs, Elfsong, Low Lantern, Spurlging Sturgeon

Ulgoth's Beard has an Inn too

I highly doubt there will be more inns than were in the reward tier.