How mutch whould a Boxed Copy be worth?

ctn2003

You trying to sell me yea greedy basterd~!    post-85918-0-18103200-1424566372_thumb.jpg

For the last few months i have been thinking about the worth of the physical boxed copys of kickstarter games, Like Wastland 2 and Poe. what does GayStop Half Priced Books think about theboxed kickstarter cds, Well they take them? (not that i would give ANYthing to them) but it just cross my mind, how mutch are they worth exacly? When ive played poe for a wile im acouly planning on selling my boxed copy copy to help fund a charity (not as soon as i get it but at least within a year or 2 after ive injoyed it.) Ive seen wastland 2 boxed copys get sold less than 10 hours for 80 bucks online so whats does that say about a Poe boxed copys? or the Collecters Edition?? :dancing:

www.gofundme.com floaters reserch This is the charity - ^^ take a look if you wish. not 100% if you allowed to put links. :huh:

Edited by ctn2003
  • Like 1

As a boxed games collector I can say that the price of a newly released game plummets in the first months and then rises back and sometimes comes to worth five/ten times more  than the original pricing if the game is groundbreaking and if it sets in the collective consciousness as a valuable game. Rarity is of course another factor.

Collector's editions are by their nature rare/limited until Blizzard destroyed that tradition with their unlimited waves of Diablo 3 CE.

Fallout for example never had a collector's edition but a boxed copy now is worth 150 - 200 USD. 

And if its still sealed, 300 american dollars easily.

• Like 1

After my realization that White March has the same XP reward problem, I don't even have the drive to launch game anymore because I hated so much reaching Twin Elms with a level cap in vanilla PoE that I don't wish to relive that experience.

Make it a family heirloom, pass it on generation after generation. It is bound to eventually be worth millions *cough* 10'000-20'000$. Of course, you'd never see a dime of it, but one of your offsprings 500-600 years from now is probably going to be happy about it :p (Saw an antique show the other day, and I think an item from the 1700's, not mint condition, was worth about 5'000$ something today).

"But it's a video game!!" doesn't matter, eventually stuff turns into the historically antique, and that's a whole different level of collector's items.

It also depends on Pillars of Eternity's success too of course. Final Fantasy VI, boxed (unopened) I saw like 10 years ago go for 800$-900$ (locked behind a glass casing). But you'd have to be willing to wait 15-20 years for that to happen.

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 2

One most certainly won't make back the atleast $500 ROI for gold level backers if the hope is to sell it off as profit.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle