[435] Queued movement commands (AI and player) cause run animation glitches

Sensuki

Question

In this video, I demonstrate that when units (player or NPC/enemy) queue movement commands (for the player - shift+click move), the unit stops for perhaps a single frame(?) and then starts moving again to the next queued movement location. This micro-stop produces a glitch in the run animation where the character glitches forward and back and slides around a bit.

I suggest that this behavior be changed so that the character never stops moving during queued movement commands, so that it does not produce this silly looking run glitch, or use some better animation blending for it.

For comparison, here is a video where I am not queuing movement commands - the issue is not prevalent

Edited by Sensuki

2 answers to this question

It happens more so when you pause the game to re issue orders I am sure they could change it to do the same as when you don't do that. When you don't pause the game and just click wherever it cancels the prior command so you then run to the new location rather than the prior than to the new location the reason or most of the reason its because the pause is more suited for tactical combat if you constantly re change battle location it will continue to do that. I almost never use the pause at all even in harder modes I never really bothered with it so did not notice it until I watched this video.

I think if anything you could always create a mod if they don't implement it and upload it to the nexus website for others to use if they want.,