Countdown to Eternity!

How are relations among the various races and cultures?  I read that elves and humans in the Aedyr empire live together and even have civil union type relationships, and Orlans are view as slaves or nuisances, and Aedyr and Old Valia are the old countries that settled in the Dyrwood and Valian Republics, but what about the other races and cultures? For example:

1.  Are Aumaua as shunned as traditional Orcs, or feared, admired, etc?  Are they only in their cities in the Archipelago and Coast, or do they also live in the colonies and old countries?

2.  How is the Ixamitl Plains viewed by the other countries?  Seem like they are the closest geographically to the colonies where the game will take place, but the other two human cultures are much more written about.

3.  Are dwarves and elves stereotypically unfriendly like in other settings?

4.  Do all races shun the Godlike?  Is there any sense of comraderie among Godlike either of the same god or different gods? 

5.  What is a typical interaction between a wood elf and a pale elf like?  Are they aloof, confused, disdainful, friendly, etc? 

6.  Are Orlan only found on the continent with the colonies?

• Like 1

I wonder what the state of the arts are in the Reach? Music, theatre, sculpture, painting etcetera. How does the Chanter's recital of sagas figure into this, are performances of Animancy in vogue among the intelligentsia, such as Mary Shelley experienced where a current was passed through a corpse making it seem alive?

Why does the Watcher have insomnia? Ha.

• Like 3

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Is it possible to do a manipulative (smart) evil playthrough or are we supposed to be playing the heroic or morally ambiguous (or mostly stupid evil) type? I've read that you're not using D&D alignments but a reputation system, however things like that could still be weighted towards 'light' side choices.

Edited by Moirnelithe

Is it possible to do a manipulative (smart) evil playthrough or are we supposed to be playing the heroic or morally ambiguous (or mostly stupid evil) type? I've read that you're not using D&D alignments but a reputation system, however things like that could still be weighted towards 'light' side choices.

I don't know but you could be pretty diabolically clever in KOTOR 2.

Edited by Valmy

Forgot one thing that I also would like to know.

It would be really sweet to know at what time the game is scheduled to be available on Steam. I realize it can be hard to say exactly what time but atleast an estimate perhaps? The reason for this is so I know if there is a point staying up late that night to play the game or if I might as well just go to bed.

• Like 1

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

My questions/suggestions:

1. Can you tell us more how the player-castle mechanics will work and how they will influence the overall game? The "castle button" in the beta is still not functional. What can we expect from it in the final game?
  2. Behind-the-scenes documentary teaser, please?!?!
  3. How relieved/happy are you guys that GTY V was delayed to mid April?
  4. Will it be possible to craft camping equipment?
  5. Do we need recipes/blueprints for crafting/alchemy? In the beta a whole lot of stuff seemed to be just "there"...
  6. Will there be class-restricted items/gear (or class-only-enhancing items/gear)?
35167v4.jpg

LordCrash,

#4: Doubtful. Would kind of defeat the purpose of a camping supplies limit, right? But maybe something expensive/rare?

#6: I've seen some gear in the Beta give a bonus to class-specific abilities. So that's in.

Edited by Ark Evensong

LordCrash,

#4: Doubtful. Would kind of defeat the purpose of a camping supplies limit, right? But maybe something expensive/rare?

#6: I've seen some gear in the Beta give a bonus to class-specific abilities. So that's in.

#4: Probably, yes. But then again you could make the ingredients very rare. Just for "emergencies", you know. (And it was kind of strange that you had a limit of 4 camping equipements in the backer beta but you could never buy more than 3 at the inn at the same time. Made little sense to me...)

#6: Cool, I haven't seen that in the beta. Thanks for the info.

Oh, and new question:

Is there a chance that (random) enemies interupt you while travelling or resting, just like in the old days of Baldurs Gate?

Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg

Number of camping supplies you can carry is set by difficulty apparently - on Hard you can only have 2 - could not figure out why I couldn't complete the transaction as I tried to buy 2 more..... :no:

I like that concept (limiting rest in the wild) myself.

• Like 1

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Number of camping supplies you can carry is set by difficulty apparently - on Hard you can only have 2 - could not figure out why I couldn't complete the transaction as I tried to buy 2 more..... :no:

I like that concept (limiting rest in the wild) myself.

Indeed, I like the concept as well. Just the discrepancy between 3 available camping supplies at the local vendor and the maximum carry capacitiy of 4 (on normal difficutly) made no sense to me. You should at least be able to fill your supplies to the max while you're in town imho... ;)

Forgot one thing that I also would like to know.

It would be really sweet to know at what time the game is scheduled to be available on Steam. I realize it can be hard to say exactly what time but atleast an estimate perhaps? The reason for this is so I know if there is a point staying up late that night to play the game or if I might as well just go to bed.

Usual release time of new games on Steam is 7 PM CET IIRC. It's the time Steam performs its daily database update.

Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg

Why does the Watcher have insomnia? Ha.

No rest, not no sleep. Obviously, the Watcher cannot carry any camping supplies, u_u...

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

names of companions spoilers:

With Eder being the only tank/frontline-class of the companions, will some of the other companions , e.g. The "leaders of the band" be build in such way that they could also function in the tanking role? Pallegina, kana Rua or Durance?

Edited by Polanski

Are Paladins considered Knights? Is this a title reserved exclusively for nobles of martial disposition? Or are these titles also granted to those who have attained achievement in their respective professions e.g., Francis Bacon, Isaac Newton, and Thomas More?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

OK, every character has access to the skills: Stealth, Athletics, Lore. Mechanics, and Survival.

From what I've gathered:

Stealth - All characters can benefit from this as it allows you to move closer to the opposition before you're noticed.

Athletics - All characters can benefit from this as it allow climbing, swimming, etc. without becoming fatigued (which requires camping/rest to recover from).

Lore - All character can benefit as this allows then to use scrolls, but really no reason to have anyone other then mage types learn (needed to scribe spells in their grimoire).

Mechanics - Really only needed by your "scout" (whoevers first in the party formation) and/or "rogue" character.

Survival - All characters can bebefit as this make bonuses from food (and potions?) last longer.

Is the above correct?

How sick and mind revolting will the game be, compared to the somewhat entertaining stuff we've seen in the beta (hollowborn children, soul-corrupted nieces, human sacrifices)?

Also, will there be memorable moments/revelations like when you read "Don't trust the skull" in Torment?

Edited by Rumsteak

I would like to know the total and final numbers:

How many people did back PoE during Kickstarter AND afterwards on the website?

How much money did you get in total? (including Paypal).

How many books are already ordered (the both guidebooks available on Amazon)?

How many people pre-ordered the game via Amazon, GOG and Steam already?

Edited by lightblade75
  • Like 2