Countdown to Eternity!

After you finish the main story line can you go back and complete unfinished quest like the 15 level dungeon?

I think there will be a point on no return point, however it could be possible but that means typically they would have to add much dialogue into the game due to the after effect of beating the main plot. Or it will let you save once you beat the game and when you load up that save file it will be right before the final boss.

• Like 1

I would like to hear more about strongholds! We had a backer update about a year ago, but I wondered if you could share more details now. For example, ow will attacks on strongholds look like? Just enemy NPCs storming through the gates and attacking you? Or is there slightly more to it? Can one build catapults or set up any kind of defenses in the courtyard?

@Sonntam:

3:18-3:19 (Pause)

There's no space for any artillery weaponry (unless you can attack/defend several maps apart). But maybe you can get mercenaries to defend your stronghold or something, NPC units or whatnot. Maybe an Ogre even ;P but I don't think you'd get to pin-point or custom place them in any way other than their set-positioning (if there's even anything like this).

Though, the walls above the gates looks like a great place to put a Wizard or some archers.

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 1

On a more serious note:

Can your loyal devout faithful followers who would never have thought to question or criticise your design desicisons get some sneak super secret info on the next kickstarter?

Pretty pretty please? :D

Like several other posters have said, i would like access to the manual before release date.  Even if you withhold parts of it for spoiler reasons, getting some advance info. about how the game works specifically related to character building would be nice.  Post it up in the forum somewhere and even if minor edits need to be made just post a new version there every so often.  that would be really nice.  

We've had some info through the beta process but with bugs and changing attributes/talents etc. it's hard to know what will still be in the game at real ease.

• Like 4

Like several other posters have said, i would like access to the manual before release date. Even if you withhold parts of it for spoiler reasons, getting some advance info. about how the game works specifically related to character building would be nice. Post it up in the forum somewhere and even if minor edits need to be made just post a new version there every so often. that would be really nice.

We've had some info through the beta process but with bugs and changing attributes/talents etc. it's hard to know what will still be in the game at real ease.

I think the more likely/reasonable solution would simply to allow access to it via the backer portal and/or GOG and steam. I've preordered games via steam in the past that allowed you to download the manual weeks before the games release date.

• Like 1

Curses!

As in, how could I forget to ask , "Are Cursed Items/Equipment in?"

Considering there is no identification process (:(), nope. Wouldn't make much sense to have cursed items if you know all item's statistics from the spot.

Which saddens me too...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

- In previous interviews members of the team have hinted that if we are completionists we will have access to "A huge amount of ridiculous items."

Will any of these items directly increase a stat to a set value, like the gauntlets of dexterity and the belts of strength?

Edited by Havelok
  • Like 1

Curses!

As in, how could I forget to ask , "Are Cursed Items/Equipment in?"

Considering there is no identification process ( :(), nope. Wouldn't make much sense to have cursed items if you know all item's statistics from the spot.

Which saddens me too...

would've been interesting to have it, but I'm not gutted that it's not in.

What would be cool is 'clever' cursed loot (something that looks bad but can be used in an advantageous way) - e.g. girdle of gender-changing - use it to allow a male PC to flirt with the male guard to gain entry :lol:

Or gear that has ups and downs - e.g. curses your intellect but blesses your might / or something.

• Like 2

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

- In previous interviews members of the team have hinted that if we are completionists we will have access to "A huge amount of ridiculous items."

I recently did a sweep of the items in the backer beta files for bugs. It took me about 16 hours to properly test most of the item types - but I didn't do potions, scrolls, food, misc items etc. There are a lot of items.

No item increases a stat to a set amount. You just get a bonus.

Edited by Sensuki

Can I easily play and finish the game with a party of 4 people if I metagame enough? I like smaller parties. Bonus points if I don't need to metagame.

It can be done without meta gaming even on hard if the beta is an indicator. Just exploit the system and it should be possible to solo the game even on hard. So your goal sounds easy to me.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I would like to hear more about strongholds! We had a backer update about a year ago, but I wondered if you could share more details now. For example, ow will attacks on strongholds look like? Just enemy NPCs storming through the gates and attacking you? Or is there slightly more to it? Can one build catapults or set up any kind of defenses in the courtyard?

@Sonntam:

3:18-3:19 (Pause)

There's no space for any artillery weaponry (unless you can attack/defend several maps apart). But maybe you can get mercenaries to defend your stronghold or something, NPC units or whatnot. Maybe an Ogre even ;P but I don't think you'd get to pin-point or custom place them in any way other than their set-positioning (if there's even anything like this).

Though, the walls above the gates looks like a great place to put a Wizard or some archers.

There is still room outside of the stronghold for artillery weapons. That is, if we can fight outside stronghold walls and are not forced to stay inside the stronghold.

To be honest, I would already be okay if we had some kind of traps we could set up beforehand or could recruit stronghold NPCs to aid us (like you said, put some archers on walls) and so on. I just want stronghold combat to be a bit more than just "here is a normal fight, only it the enemies come in waves). I would love to see some kind of planning before the battle and being able to use the fact that the fight happens on MY terrain and not in just some wilderness area. 

Edited by Sonntam

An oldie but a goody (and since Sargy isn't here to ask):

How long exactly is a dragon's flight from Lac Dinneshere?

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

There are some great things in here everyone. Keep it up!

We are watching this thread to see what you want. Like I said, this is a dumping ground for your questions and we'll see what we can answer without spoiling too much of the game for you leading up to the release.

You are all awesome.

• Like 2

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

I ordered the guidebook but it looks like it will not be available before the game.  Any place I can find info about the various cultures and so forth in game world, at least enough to create good characters?  Or do I have to rely on the (decent enough, granted) Wiki?