Countdown to Eternity!

I would like to know if Companions might go their own way depending on if you pick them up or not.

For instance: Recruiting Aloth instantly gets him into your party, but ignoring him or declining him, you might meet him further ahead (to either befriend again, or slay, or as a temporary companion, or in passing saying "Hi", or interact with him as a Quest giver/employer).

Question: Are there characters (companions or rival adventurers) that "traverse" the land and do they complete objectives/quests?

For instance: Going to the Dyrford at late-game, and all the quests might've been completed by the passing of other adventurer's. Will Lord Harond always stand at the Dyrford Inn, and the Priests of Skaen will commit their ritual for months if I choose to ignore traveling to Dyrford Village?

Question: Are there any dynamic events, and "IF", are they rare or common/uncommon?

• Like 1

Godlike are infertile (but who knows maybe they can have children but only if they are male and female of the same type, what is extremely rare to happen), in Vailian Republics they are considered as genderless, not in many societies (I think). I know that different races cannot have children with themselves (i.e. human-elf and so on), but subraces can (i.e. wood elf-pale elf). 

How many pennies has Adam Brennecke surrendered to Josh over the course of this project?

How many other forms of Godlike are there? We've seen the avian Pallegina already, so there's doubtless more, right? Will any of them show up in the game as NPCs?

What is Tim Cain's best recipe?

• Like 1
jcod0.png

What can change the nature of a man?

Other than alcohol of course.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

About the expansion, i felt that TotSC was ok, but its main problem was (imo) that it blended quite badly with the main game (still better than many others). Don't like the expansions to be apart from the main game. Hence, the plot after the plot (HoW, MotB) or worse, expansion accessible from main menu (ToB) are not my favorites. Must be a design matter, because editing all the existing files to blend better an expansion's content may be tricky i guess. Still curious about this expansion, and the future of PoE franchise, too. If there are already some ideas for future plans (as in "will it be possible to play the saga like in BG Trilogy, in one go?", or "if PoE2 is to be released someday, will there be a Kickstarter?", "Will i have to drop my beloved stronghold in PoE2, like i had in BG2 because of Spelhold and ToB"? (which was uncool)).

Will there be some "secret" in PoE? One thing i feel was wonderfull in BG, and in the first 2 fallout was the hidden and fancy things. Like the use of the rogue stone in Atkhatla, the use of the scorpion glasses in fallout 2 (or the way you could find a surprise in Mrs Bishop' safe, and so on). Concerning fallout 2, many of theses things just made the game (well, digging bramin's **** was finally a great idea :))

Are there, at this point, any idea, or even any consideration of the idea to add some more companions in the future, and if there is a PoE2, will it be possible to keep going on with your beloved party (with their skills, XP, and not having to drop the brother of Yeslick (BG1) just because he wasn't in the scope for BG2, well like in BGT)

Will my character be aknowledged for its achievements? i don't mean for being cruel, benevolent, elf or something else. e.g. I'm going to have a stronghold, some lands, etc. Is it linked to a nobility title? Will this status open doors within the noble world in Defiance Bay? Will my character be recognized as a land owner, or noble of some sort? Will he be recognized as a dragon killer if he kill one and let people know about it, or won't any of these things ever be noticed by anyone and become useless regarding interactions with NPCs/Quests?

Is it possible to sleep well and convince hirelings to come to live at your stronghold (on top of the the Endless paths) when it is well known that hundreds of dangerous creatures lurk just beneath? Isn't everyone afraid of these creatures stop goofing around to jump at you during night? is there any lore explanation that makes this believable? (I definitely won't stay there sleeping with such things lurking in the shadows)

is there any lore explanation about the infinite stash? Well i'm not really found of the concept, but my question is more about making it believable in this fantasy world. If there is something that explains how it is possible, it would be easier. Hence i'm asking. As an example of what i mean, the bags of holding in BG2 were magical items that you had to found and that had lore description as any magical items, which in my opinion, helped to make the idea believable (at least for me).

Must have many other things. I've read many thngs here and there and watched some videos. Maybe the beta players have some clues of some of these points, but, currently, i don't have any.

Almost forgot: last, but not least. Where do i have to pledge to see all the stuff Chris Avellone thought of for his NPCs? :)

PS: i don't mean to launch any old debate. These are true questions for me, not trolls :) (i feel it may be needed to say it because of things like the stash. My questions are more about lore than anything else).

Edited by Abel

Foreigner were popular in my day, sigh.

Edit: I've always thought ones partner expecting to change an individual was one of the reasons that marriage is such a risky proposition nowadays. I personally married because I liked and wanted Mrs Nonek, not because of how I could concievably control or change her. Rather off-topic for my originating poor and clumsy joke post however.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I would like to hear more about strongholds! We had a backer update about a year ago, but I wondered if you could share more details now. For example, ow will attacks on strongholds look like? Just enemy NPCs storming through the gates and attacking you? Or is there slightly more to it? Can one build catapults or set up any kind of defenses in the courtyard?

lol I doubt they turned Pillars of Eternity into a tower defense game.

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

Hey all! The time is fast approaching. By next Monday we will be a month away from the launch of Pillars of Eternity! We're as excited for you to play it as we are sure you are excited to see the world of Eora. Since this is a project that couldn't have happened without you, we want to give you a chance to help with our final push toward releasing this game.

But Mikey, what exactly does that mean? Thank the gods I'm here to tell you!

The Pillars team wants to know what information we haven't released to you guys that you are dying to know? Pretty simple. Is there something about the world that we haven't told you? Is there something about a class that you want more information on? Anything and everything can be suggested.

We'll then curate that feedback and come up with a plan to give you the information you want to have without spoiling the experience of Pillars of Eternity for you.

So to our incredibly awesome fans and backers, use this thread as your thought dumping ground. But you don't have much time (we do need to have time to get that information out to you after all). By mid-day Wednesday February 25th, this thread will be locked and all suggestions that make it in by then will be considered.

Give us your world of wildest dreams so we can help prepare you to give you our world of Eternity.

what does it sound like when doves cry?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

several months ago you guys posted a glyph wheel similar to the ones used in the old crpg pools of radiance; Will there be any puzzles in game similar to matching glyphs, or plans to include such a wheel for the expansion? I think it would be a fantastic game mechanic to include the wheel in a future release and as you progress you find different glyph puzzles you have to match the runes so that you can unlock hidden treasure or secret doors. 

Also, are there any sentient artifacts or weapons in the game like the ones in bg2 that were the chaotic laughing stabbing dagger I forgot it's name. Those were fantastic innovations, and I'd love to see intelligent items in this or future expansions. 

Also if it's not covered during the next pax, can you guys go more into crafting, enchanting and stronghold stuff?

Hey guys thanks for the thread. I'd like some more info on the game world ie the countries, races, history and gods! I think that about covers it Seriously having some backdrop to he game would help me in creating my first character.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Not sure if these questions are already answered, feel like I've been reading and watching a lot of the information but there's always something I missed.

- Are the backer designed weapons and armour spread across the game from beginning to end? 
- Will there be Pillars of Eternity TV-commercials airing in some countries?
- How many "bosses" is there in Pillars of Eternity? (I'm aware this might be too much of a spoiler so I'm not expecting this to be answered)

What percentage of the backer designed weapons can we expect to find in any given game? (Since you said somewhere that they'll be randomized.)

Will all weapon types be equally represented in the full game, or will some be easily available while others are very scarce (like in the BB and in Icewind Dale)?

Did anybody manage to sneak in some hard counters while Josh wasn't looking? :p

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

That's a bit of a shame. I donated at the tier that lets you create an NPC. I wasn't expecting anything major, but to interact with him was one thing I thought/hoped would be implemented.

For a future KS game, I hope they just remove stuff like this if it can't be easily implemented.

Just renaming a NPC shouldn't be too difficult. Of course that's not all that personal, but it's something. I got a NPC in Divinity: Original Sins, and I didn't even backed it. Also killed it ingame a few times just for fun :)

Personally don't want spoilers (I haven't even read those on Kickstarter) wanting to experience the lore, character builds etc. all ingame. Having said that, all the questions are generally exterior of motivation;

* Funniest bug?

* Have a personal favorite sidequest in the game (more general to devs).

* Scared/Psyched for release feedback?

* Favorite backer-created content.

Oh, so unoriginal... :/

• Like 3

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee