Update #90: Shipping and Strategy Guide

No news about DVD delivery (about one month with a box without them) ? 

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

Haven't received anything yet either...

I mean, I'm not in a hurry (have already finished the game on steam) but I'd still like to receive my box some day.

I understand the delay because of patches but we're mid June guys, not a very professional way of handling things :/

well, guys I must have spoken too fast : I had the mail, the shipment was supposed to arrive "June 10, 2015 - June 12, 2015" (sic)... guess what ? It has not arrived. No tracking available, of course.

I can encourage anyone in this situation to write to Obsidian's support + Paradox support (webshop@paradoxplaza.com), telling them that you may want to get refund of your Kickstarter backing if they don't speed up a little and communicate... I'm so upset. Last chance is to see the goods arrive on monday or tuesday for me, else it will be a disaster.

Edited by Labeste

We ship everything out except the game disc, which we then ship to you after finalizing the 1.0 version. Wait a minute, Darren. That sounds crazy. You’re going to ship me a game with NO DISC inside at first?!

1. Here’s why we think that’s good: Anyone who pledged to a physical reward tier will get a digital copy. You’ll be able to get a Steam or GOG.com key on our site and play the game at the same time as everyone else. You’d be able to take out your Collector’s Guidebook, your cloth map, your mousepad and enjoy all of it at the same you’re playing Pillars of Eternity.

2. Alternatively, we delay shipping everything out to you once we have the final 1.0 version ready. For some parts of the world, this could mean a delay of some real significance. Not just a week or two, but multiple weeks after it’s released.

Is it just me who understood something wrong, or is poll we all participated in, including the promise of shipping the game discs ("ship to you after finalizing the 1.0 version") empty talk (at least partially)?

I love the game so much, and I am very pleased with how the development of the game was communicated, but this is a flaw on the way early backers were treated.

I am not ranting - I intend constructive criticism. Overall I am totally satisfied. Just one thing to improve in future.

Still no update for my physical DVD boxed version of PoE.  Still listed as "shipping soon".

I wonder if these will all be shipped before or after the expansion is done. :/

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

My DVD box arrived today instead of last week, so perhaps add a few days to the estimated delivery date if it hasn't arrived yet. I got my collectors box way earlier.

Yeah, noticed there was a mail in my box from them, the box should have arrived over a month ago.

Finally got a notification that my boxed version has shipped.  It's currently going through Canadian immigration.  Not sure how long that will hang it up.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)